Black Lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to wear black lipstick all the time when I was in high school (you know, in my goth days). I think it looked decent, but I'm definitely a fan of the goth look still.

I'm no goth but that look at sephora I'm feelin.

Can anybody answer my "Silly Question" Thread.

I really need the help.

Originally Posted by EyeCandyDiva /img/forum/go_quote.gif NOPE...I have really full lips and I think they would look hideous if I wore black lipstick.
dito.gif

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe my computer's color is messed but when I saw teak online it looked like a dark red. Yes, I agree, on the website it does appear as a deep plum. It has red/purple undertones but believe me it's a very dark brown almost black. I wore it back in the day.

Our make up artist showed me how sexy black lipstick can be. She used it on our model as a thick liner, with a purple shiny color in the inside. It was wow!! i think black on its own is severe, but with a complimentary color, sexy.

Yes! I like to get tricked out like that when I walk the runway at the end of my fashion shows. Only problem is, black lipstick makes my teeth look corn yellow! Yuck! This doesn't happen when I wear my reds or browns.. any my teeth are a normal white enamel color..

hm...i wanna see a tut with black lipstick!

i just got an tut idea i might try it lol...only if i don't end up looking like the swamp beast afterward lol

i think since blk is a cool color and based on the posts i've seen here

you either have to be really pale or really dark to pull it off (or at least have a cool complexion) warm ones would look AWFUL WITH IT (unless they painted their face white or something)

I used black as a liner, with a dark pink lipstick, and it looked hot. It made it kind of purple....we have been experimenting with lots of different ways for lips, and I have to say that blue was one of my favorites!! Our make up artist used a pink liner, and blue eyeshadow for the lipstick, and then a little more pink on top. It was hot!! I used to just whip out my lipstick and that was it, but I see there are so many ways you can get a great look.

Originally Posted by enyadoresme /img/forum/go_quote.gif hm...i wanna see a tut with black lipstick!i just got an tut idea i might try it lol...only if i don't end up looking like the swamp beast afterward lol

i think since blk is a cool color and based on the posts i've seen here

you either have to be really pale or really dark to pull it off (or at least have a cool complexion) warm ones would look AWFUL WITH IT (unless they painted their face white or something)

I can pull it off.

I believe that african american women can wear dark colors (including black)

schaem.gif

If anyone would care for a man's perspective...

The color of choice for me for a woman I date would be red. While I rarely ever see anyone wearing black, I must say, the idea of it is very sexy! I hope it catches on

: )

Trust me, black is sexy as a liner, with any color going on top changing it from severe to sexy!! We used the technique on our models and it's hot!!

Back