Black Lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First post.
smile.gif

I dont think I could pull it off. AT ALL. haha.

I think black lipstick is hot when it's glossy....but it makes everyones teeth look yellow...eek.

Originally Posted by L281173 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I remember Mary J. Blige wearing a dark black gloss in the video "Not Gonna Cry". This video was from the Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack. That black lipgloss was gorgeous against her complexion.
I have worn Flori Roberts Teak lipstick in the past which is a black.

Yes......I wore Teak back in the day, a very, very dark brown. When it was introduced it was a very hot item. I remember my BF hating it! Over the years I've become a more neutral person. At that time I was very fashion forward, an individualist.

I have a gorgeous rich brown lipgloss by Astarte Cosmetics. It is a rich brown like that shown in my Avatar Picture on the left.

The lipgloss number is 32.

Check out ASTARTE

I have worn it and would also werar it again. I will do it with a gothic look with a deeep red lip liner. Obviously not an everyday look for me but going out it's great with the clubs I go to. I would SURE wear a black gloss though!

i dont know if i would but i think it really depends on the color of skin, bc i think a darker or black woman would look stunning, especially with that beautiful darrrrkkk color. but paler girls will end up looking odd

I've only worn it for Halloween if this counts, but I kinda dig it! The fellas loved it! I lined my lips w/ black liner then the black l/s then a dab of gloss. It isn't very dark in this picture, this was taken after I got off from work (I was Xenora: wicked witch with a whip) .

laughing.gif

dark purple. we use it on our Halloween make up tutorials DVD... on our evil fairy.looked so good. Not sure about black

Lol when I was in highschool early years I would wear black lipstick all the time. And white face powder. I was uber goth kid. XD

I wouldn't wear it now unless I was being a kitty for halloween or something like that.

I might mix some black lipstick with a dark wine colored lipstick for a really vampy look... I've worn just black lipstick before, and it looked like crap. :X

I think I could pull it off and yes I would wear it. As soon as MAC makes one lol. It would have to depend on my skin that day. My skins wierd, it changes color from light to tanner everyday, so it has to be a day that I look whiter than usual since black lipstick looks better on white, cool tones, which I dont have
tongue.gif
Im warm. Im not afraid to experiment with makeup. I constantly do swirls and gashes of strategically placed gel liner around my face when Im bored and it......definetly turns heads lol. I got one lady telling me that I marked my eyeliner wrong and I said "Naw dude, look at the other side" (since its simetrical) She felt kinda embarrased hehehe.

I've worn it before. Usually with a black top and black eyes-- with the silver bit in the middle. (I got that tip from here!!!) I've always gotten a lot of compliments on it-- and I have really fair skin. But apparently dark looks good with my blonde hair and blue eyes? I dunno
smile.gif
It was a LONG time ago though...didn't think about it until I read this thread all the way through!

I tried it and I looked straight off a catwalk. It looked cool IMO and let's say I would wear it if I worked for MAC lol. Funny because I think that would give an excuse to wear strange makeup haha.

I have the lipstick cyber from mac and my mom always tells me it looks great.

I think women with darker complexions definitely can handle darker colors (including black)

Back