Black Lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would wear black lipstick if I was planning on taking some very peticular types of pictures. Other than that, no, I wouldn't.

The only think I put on my lips is Cherry Chapstick Lo

I remember Mary J. Blige wearing a dark black gloss in the video "Not Gonna Cry". This video was from the Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack. That black lipgloss was gorgeous against her complexion.

I have worn Flori Roberts Teak lipstick in the past which is a black.

I wore it once.... not very pretty!! Love really really dark reds and browns best...

Karren

I would! For a more wearable look I could use a very very dark brown lipstick. I saw a look on one of my Kevyn Aucoin books with black lips and it looked awesome.

Ok now I want to use it, maybe not really black but the super dark brown I said... I'm thinking of ways to make it look great. Hmmmm

i couldn't pull it off. i think it only really works in high fashion. there are very few people who could make it work day-to-day.

Originally Posted by karo377 /img/forum/go_quote.gif This looks rather scary haha-agreed!

Personally I couldn't wear it, my skin is way too pale, so it would completely erase me. I have a friend from Lebanon who wears it sometimes, and it looks good on her, her complexion can take more drama/excitement than mine.I think she just uses it now for Halloween though, and gets it from Wet n Wild--not sure. I remember when MAC used to make it, I thought they still did. (?)

That reminds me I need to find some more dark brown lipstick.

Anyone know any dark brown lipsticks?

Right now I have a lipstick by milani called double expresso.

It has reddish undertones though which kinda stinks but it looks decent.

As soon as I find a decent lip brush (any ideas?) I'll find some black lipstick and try it on again.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would! For a more wearable look I could use a very very dark brown lipstick. I saw a look on one of my Kevyn Aucoin books with black lips and it looked awesome.
Ok now I want to use it, maybe not really black but the super dark brown I said... I'm thinking of ways to make it look great. Hmmmm

I think I know what you are talking about the lady in Kevyn Aucoin wearing the dark lipstick.

Was it a African American woman wearing it?

I think that lipstick is called moonbiba.

It's by Kevyn Aucoin and soon as I get some money I will try it.

I'm broke!!!
scared.gif

Wow I used to wear like really dark brown lipstick like in middle school and well people used to think it was black and think I was goth. My family called me the princess of darkness during that time. So no I would never wear that color again, it doesn't flatter my features.

Black lipsticks looks nice if it is worn with a silver gloss in the center of the lip.
sheep.gif

I used to wear black lipstick in High School. The issues with it though are that its very high maintenance and require a perfect complexion. This is why a lot of Goths pile on the white face paint stuff. Any complexion issues will be more pronounced with black lipstick.

MAC still makes it. Its actually their LipMix. You can buy lip color from them in a tube and they have one in solid black that you can apply straight to the lips. It was great stuff and lasted a very long time.

I don't think id wear it. Even if other people were wearing it.

I find in real life most people don't try to copy runway trends that are as over the top as that

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif That reminds me I need to find some more dark brown lipstick.Anyone know any dark brown lipsticks?

Right now I have a lipstick by milani called double expresso.

It has reddish undertones though which kinda stinks but it looks decent.

As soon as I find a decent lip brush (any ideas?) I'll find some black lipstick and try it on again.

I think I know what you are talking about the lady in Kevyn Aucoin wearing the dark lipstick.

Was it a African American woman wearing it?

I think that lipstick is called moonbiba.

It's by Kevyn Aucoin and soon as I get some money I will try it.

I'm broke!!!
scared.gif

I remember that one! But it was another one, I'm looking through my books now... In Face Forward there's a pic of Vanessa Williams in page 16 with what appears to be black lippie (Looks awesome, but the pic is in B&W so maybe that's why.) Oh I found it! In Making Faces there's a girl on page 26, she's def wearing black lippie and I love how it looks!

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif i used to wear it hah..it looked horrible. picture please lol

Back