Black Nailpolish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THanks for the links lia matos. 8ty8beauty has amazing prices. In Canada OPI is about $11.00 or more.

You're welcome
wink.gif
I wish it would send to Brazil so i could try some of those nailpolishes
smile.gif

I used to wear black nailpolish all the time... funny how it's now becoming a hot trend! I love having glossy black nails. And I'm talking like vinyl, or patent leather glossy... reminiscent of PVC dominatrix catsuits, if you will.
lol.gif
One thing I loved was to use a slightly shimmery black polish [i used L'Oreal Jet Set in Boogie... I think] and top it with a shiny shiny clear topcoat
smile.gif

The only thing about black polish is that it does start to look shabby a lot quicker since it's such a dark colour. If you're someone who absolutely can't stand having chipped polish on your nails, you'll probably go crazy trying to keep it looking nice. I have really pale skin and long, thin fingers.... and I might be the odd one here, but I like how black polish makes them look longer and thinner! I embrace my natural pallor
vogel.gif
add_wegbrech.gif

I wear black as a base, but have air brushes or hand paintings done in other colors

I think it looks cute, just hesitant on trying it out. I've read that red and dark colors turn your nails yellow so you should use a base coat before applying the polish. I think I will try the dark plum or something like that instead of straight out black.

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif You're welcome
wink.gif
I wish it would send to Brazil so i could try some of those nailpolishes
smile.gif
Why wouldn't they ship to Brazil? I thought they ship wherever
kopfkratz.gif

I like black nail polish on my toes. But for any dark/vampy shade of polish I think it needs to be on well manicured nails so it doesn't look trashy. And dark shades look bad when they are chipped so I add a top coat every few days or so to prevent future chipping.

i really love this trend, i got a bottole of black stain but i havent wore it, im afraid this trend will end and i havent used mine yet
biggrin.gif

i think it can look both classy and cute if worn on short clean nails and with creamypastel colored outfit and very light makeup..

have u guys seen Victoria bekham wearin it, ewww she just did everything on the don't list :|

MAC's coming up with it's own black nail polish, called Nocturnelle, out in the stores on Thursday, along with a classic red polish called Shirelle. Can't wait to check those out!

i agree with the opi one and its so funy im in the process of re-doing my blck manicure, nails have to be short and square cute and use slay hansen quick dry top coat dry in a minute(no joke) and it wont chip as fast i swear by it!! and LOVE it have fun!! just**********make sure to put a base coat on first or it'll stain******* xoxox

I do love black and super dark nailpolish every now and then! I just got my nails done with OPI Lincoln Park After Dark nailpolish (since I am on vaca from work this week I don't HAVE to wear a MAC color)...

Also with the Nocturnelle Collection MAC is releasing and making permanent a black nail laquer called Nocturnelle which I am SUPER excited about! I love our nail laquers and we really needed a good straight creamy black...

I have noticed that Janet Jackson has been constantly wearing black nail polish (her Oprah appearance, latest photos etc) it looks great on her short manicured nails. Go for it!

Here are some pics of the OPI polish...I really hope I can get my hands on the MAC Nocturnelle polish ASAP! I am hoping to get some friday if they still have it at our store...otherwise I am biting the bullet and ordering it online at full price darnit! p.s. I am in love with the way my nail tech shaped the acrylic overlay on my nails! She completely rocks bc the place I went to before was TERRIBLE! If you are in the Tampa area, she is at Pure Hair Salon on SR 54 in Lutz and her name is Jodi...

Oh, Leila! The color looks great on you! I don't think I could pull it off so well!

I'm not the biggest fan of black nail polish, but it is true that if you wear it the right way it will look ok
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Steel /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why wouldn't they ship to Brazil? I thought they ship wherever
kopfkratz.gif
If i'm not mistaken, nailpolishes are considered dangerous to be sent by airplane (inflammable and such things). But i might be wrong on this

I want to get black NP now. I just hate painting my own nails. I'm so messy. And I always smudge them.

I say go for it! I wear it all the time and my nails are just above the tip of my finger.

They key to keeping it looking chic is a good base coat like Orly Bonder--it is rubberized and helps the polish adhere to the nail. Another key is a super glossy top coat such as Seche Vite fast drying top coat. It dries to the touch in minutes and is completely dry in 30 mins. I have no probems with any color peeling or chipping with this combo for over a week.

Back