Black Nailpolish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow what an interesting thread! what can i say to all of this? geeze i dont know how long i have been wearing black nail polish seems like forever probably over 10 years ive always had atleast one bottle at all times sometimes even 2 and i love wearing it on my finger nails and my toe nails i dont know why but i just love dark nailpolish! i donts see why it has become such a trend nor do i care that it is a trend........i really dont care for trends and whats in or whats out. i dont see what the big hype is...when there are trends everyone looks the same. to me its lame IMHO

oh by the way i know back in the states there was a black nail polish called morbid ( i think who made it) but havent been able to find it here! i did find a gorgeous color today though called black diamonds by wetnwild its soooo frickin cute and its more of a dark silver than black.

You cant get this Chanel Black Satin polish anywhere! I have been looking and looking! Even sent my sister to NYC for it. They told her that they are not making anymore. Thats bizarre because it is such a hot seller, especially now. Bummer.

agnès b makes a nice black nail polish. dark is sexy, dark is cutie, and you can combine it with little diamonds, you're just wow. depending on the clothes you're wearing, you can look goth, rock'n roll or classy. it can make the nail look yellow, though, so i put lots of base before.

Originally Posted by ArcEnCiel /img/forum/go_quote.gif You cant get this Chanel Black Satin polish anywhere! I have been looking and looking! Even sent my sister to NYC for it. They told her that they are not making anymore. Thats bizarre because it is such a hot seller, especially now. Bummer. i live in NYC and have been searching..it seems that this was a limited edition nailpolish and its sold out in the US.. i called the corp office..lol

I'm traveling overseas and hopefully they have it....

i think sephora has a black nail polish. it's good enough. but i think a dark purple one can do it too.

It all comes down to taste. I do not care for it, but I guess that's why they make so many colors anyway.

If you like it wear it or at least try it.

Is it "HOT"? Not to me.

Wow what a coincidence, I just saw this thread after I came home from shopping. And guess what I bought..my first bottle of black nailpolish!

I tried it on one nail and OMG it´s RICH black with great coverage, it´s blacker than black and really glossy. And the best: it was only like $4. It´s Rimmel´s "Lasting Finish Nail Polish in #080 Mover"

I plan on wearing it tomorrow night for a dinner so I´ll take a pic of my nails/hands sometime tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok here´s a pic of my nails with the Rimmel Nailpolish on. That looks greaat on you!!! I may go to Wal-Mart and get the rimmel color today!! Thanks Andi!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by lynnda /img/forum/go_quote.gif That looks greaat on you!!! I may go to Wal-Mart and get the rimmel color today!! Thanks Andi!
laughing.gif
no problem!I don´t know how Chanel´s Black Satin looks but um how different can plain black nailpolishes from different brands look? I would never spend over $10 on a bottle of nailpolish since I already spend too much on makeup anyway

I used to wear black nail polish about two years ago when it was REALLY in, (which I kick myself for--I LOATH looking like every1 elseK) Its fun just try it!

Personally I think balck nails are sexy. I read today in the paper that for fall and winter that really dark shades are in.

GUess what I got???????? I recieved a call from Bloomy's on Friday and they got in a shipment of black satin by Chanel!!

i'm doing my nails tonight
smile.gif
...lol

Your nails look great Andi!!! Thanks for sharing

that's cool, i checked on the french website and it's still existing, but i haven't checked yet at sephora if they had it for real. i hope so because i'm running out of black and i wanna try this one.

I like black nailpolish on other people. I haven't tried black nailpolish yet because I can't wear it for work so there is no point of wearing it.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow what a coincidence, I just saw this thread after I came home from shopping. And guess what I bought..my first bottle of black nailpolish!
I tried it on one nail and OMG it´s RICH black with great coverage, it´s blacker than black and really glossy. And the best: it was only like $4. It´s Rimmel´s "Lasting Finish Nail Polish in #080 Mover"

I plan on wearing it tomorrow night for a dinner so I´ll take a pic of my nails/hands sometime tomorrow.

Rimmel has a black? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I gotta go some of that. I've been looking for a nice, opaque black and I couldn't find any when I went to Target. XD;;

I think black nail polish can be really elegant and sophisticated, not necessarily goth. n__n;

I just applied Milani Black Magic last night and it was totally non-streaky and coverage on first coat was better than other polishes I've used from Milani.

I really like the black nails look and think I'm going to start wearing it from now on.

Back