Blush Mystery Beauty Box April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my box, gosh UPS took forever! Usually UPS is a bit more on the ball than this >_> lol oh well. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I thought both the beauty products would be ill suited for my color preferences. The lip crayon (luscious) is not a color that I would have picked out for myself; I usually go for the real real reds, like fire engine red. But, it looks surprisingly good on me. I'll probably use it. Much less sticky and messy than the lipsticks I'm used to! Although, it does make my lips smell a bit like wood.

As for the nail polish, well, that was a real red! Can't think of anything redder. El matador for me. Nice surprise. I was sure I'd get some sort of pink. After black and blue, red is pretty much the only color I'll wear lol. Though, I'm not sure about this nail polish. Is is supposed to be high end or impressive? Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I don't see how it's any different than your run of the mill drug store nail color *shrugs*.

Haven't tried the wet shampoo yet. I doubt I'll be displeased. I mean it's just shampoo, and I don't have a very picky stance on shampoo. Basically, as long as it strips all the nasty stuff out, that's all I'm looking for (I only use it a couple times a week, if more than once). The dry shampoo I did try. It's got an interesting smell to it, strong, but citricy. Strong, but not all together unpleasant. I wouldn't want to breath it in for long periods of time though O.O but I like it well enough. Makes my hair feel less greasy, and it doesn't leave a white color! Dry shampoo has a tendency to make my black hair look grey, even after I rub it in and comb it out (I have to make sure to use enough mouse and gel to get rid of that color). It's nice to have one that doesn't do that.

I gave the face cream to my mother. I'm 24, I don't have wrinkles lol. Maybe she'll like it I don't know.

Picked mine up today. I got everything I wanted including Klorane as my mystery gift. I wasn't that excited about the Jonathan shampoo until I smelled it. It smells awesome.

Lip pencil in luscious and polish in laguna.

Picked mine up today. I got everything I wanted including Klorane as my mystery gift. I wasn't that excited about the Jonathan shampoo until I smelled it. It smells awesome. Lip pencil in luscious and polish in laguna.
This would have been my dream bag!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kimsuebob /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This would have been my dream bag!
Ya know, I can't even complain about it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Although I did use the lip pencil yesterday and the liner part is great...the lip color side actually has glitter in it which I don't like at all. The color is really pretty though and suited me very well.

I am so tempted by this subscription. I love makeup, but think it might be nice to try some new skincare. I am just worried that switching it up too much might have the opposite effect!

I'm really excited to see what next month will bring. I passed on this month, as I don't really use lip liners or other colored lip products, and I'm so very particular about nail polish colors. I do, generally, highly recommend this sub, though.

I'm nowhere even almost near the end of my DHC Oil Cleanser we got in the, was it February or March bag?  But I can't live without that stuff, and they were having a 20% off sale, so I went ahead and got that and a couple new hair oil products to try out.  I was missing my Dermstore/Blush since I skipped out on the April bag. 

Back