Blush Mystery Beauty Box April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is another

Has anyone received their box yet ? I'm curious as to whether these are full size products or travel/ sample size. Also curious about the variation with nail polish colors. Thanks. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by sarahinnola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone received their box yet ? I'm curious as to whether these are full size products or travel/ sample size. Also curious about the variation with nail polish colors. Thanks.
smile.gif

I'm pretty sure everything is full size except the Dauphin.  This is based on the fact that the spoiler did not offer links to the full size products except for the Dauphin.  Last month the only spoiler that did not offer a link to the full size product was the DCL moisturizer and it was the only full size item.   Thats my theory anyway!  We'll see how good it is when someone finally gets a box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also am SUPER curious about the nail colors.  I really like the color pictured!

ETA: whoops im a little behind!  just saw the pics!  I read someone else got two nail polishes, too, but that must be one of the free samples?

I'm not sure if it's just me but I always like to have matching shampoo and conditioner. Amazon has the conditioner that matches the shampoo in this months box, for under $10.

This is my first post so bare with me! I got my third blush mystery box today! Christmas in April!! My box was 2.1 lbs I received cult polish in el matador, lip color is admire, 5ml darphin cream, full size Oscar dry shampoo, full size Jonathan shampoo, k ronos kforce flexible hold hairspray, plus 2 foils! I like dry shampoo so I'm pleased with this box. I sub to this one and birch box but would like more like this one, any suggestions?

Quote: Originally Posted by popbus48t1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first post so bare with me! I got my third blush mystery box today! Christmas in April!! My box was 2.1 lbs I received cult polish in el matador, lip color is admire, 5ml darphin cream, full size Oscar dry shampoo, full size Jonathan shampoo, k ronos kforce flexible hold hairspray, plus 2 foils! I like dry shampoo so I'm pleased with this box. I sub to this one and birch box but would like more like this one, any suggestions?
Maybe check out the Pop Sugar Must Have box thread here on MUT?

Quote: Originally Posted by popbus48t1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aha!  So there are variations on the nail polish!  Thats three different ones so far.

I love Blush, its my favorite.  As for other boxes, it depends on how much you want to spend and what kind of items you like.  I like blush because it tends to be high on skincare.  Others like Ipsy because its $10 and mostly make up.

I like Sample Society, too.  It's $15 and the sample size are always decent.  Not many full sizes really but this month we are getting an Illume Anemone mini tin candle, Tatcha blotting papers and a Butter London Eyeliner (along with two more things that are surprises).  I like the price, the brand quality and the sizes for the price.  I'm new to subscription boxes, though, so pretty much everything is new to me and makes me happy.

Popsugar is $40 and you get ALL sorts of things!  Right now, if you order, you'll get a Too Faced full size Natural Eyes Palette!  Thats worth $36!  And thats not counting all the other things that are in there.  They like to include home, fashion, lifestyle and make-up/skincare goods.  Definitely google for reviews and see what you think.  If you decide to do it you can use the code: REFER5 and get $5 off your sign up.

Quote: Originally Posted by ajkballard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure if it's just me but I always like to have matching shampoo and conditioner. Amazon has the conditioner that matches the shampoo in this months box, for under $10.
I like having matching ones but tend to use 2x as much conditioner as shampoo as my hair is long, dry and very thirsty.

-even hairdressers are like "omg...where does the conditioner disaper to....??" lol.

So, as much as I try and have matching sets that never works for too long for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh, man.  I hate those subscriptions!! I dont even read magazines.  I dont know why I didnt think to take them out of my cart when I bought stuff from them (not the mystery box).  I need to call someone and have them stopped.

I *did* follow all the instructions to get money back instead of the first batch of subscriptions that came with an order I made but I havent seen that check in the mail yet.  I should call them too.  Sheesh.  If only I didnt hate talking on the phone to strangers so much I would be more likely to have taken care of this already.

Time to buck up and do it!
I dont mind the magazines.

I have a lot of dr apt lately and bring my magazines there as they do not have any.

Also I take the city bus and there is no internet on the bus, so reading magazines is easier.

I have also left tons of magazines at one hospital dept I had apts at and it seems I am the only person that has left anything to read there.

Not even the hospital volonteers left anything that I saw.

I walkled by that area last week and there is a huge pile/box with at least 100 magazines I've left there (I know they were mine as I either cut out or ripped the address labels off.

Nice to know people are not "stealing" my old magazines I guess...

Also public libraries and even group homes like magazines.

One of my friends, she is in a group home/shelter right now and she tells me the people there do not have too much "extras" like magazines or fun things.

They have one computer for 20 people and a tv room with cable.

So if you really hate extra magazines, many other people would like them.....

I've even given a magazines I was just done with to a teen mother on the bus a few times and they seemed quite happy about that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I dont mind the magazines.

I have a lot of dr apt lately and bring my magazines there as they do not have any.

Also I take the city bus and there is no internet on the bus, so reading magazines is easier.

I have also left tons of magazines at one hospital dept I had apts at and it seems I am the only person that has left anything to read there.

Not even the hospital volonteers left anything that I saw.

I walkled by that area last week and there is a huge pile/box with at least 100 magazines I've left there (I know they were mine as I either cut out or ripped the address labels off.

Nice to know people are not "stealing" my old magazines I guess...

Also public libraries and even group homes like magazines.

One of my friends, she is in a group home/shelter right now and she tells me the people there do not have too much "extras" like magazines or fun things.

They have one computer for 20 people and a tv room with cable.

So if you really hate extra magazines, many other people would like them.....

I've even given a magazines I was just done with to a teen mother on the bus a few times and they seemed quite happy about that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That is actually an excellent idea!  I'll take some to my grandma's nursing home.  I dont know how much they'll like copies of InStyle or More but they can look at handsome men at least ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aha!  So there are variations on the nail polish!  Thats three different ones so far. I love Blush, its my favorite.  As for other boxes, it depends on how much you want to spend and what kind of items you like.  I like blush because it tends to be high on skincare.  Others like Ipsy because its $10 and mostly make up. I like Sample Society, too.  It's $15 and the sample size are always decent.  Not many full sizes really but this month we are getting an Illume Anemone mini tin candle, Tatcha blotting papers and a Butter London Eyeliner (along with two more things that are surprises).  I like the price, the brand quality and the sizes for the price.  I'm new to subscription boxes, though, so pretty much everything is new to me and makes me happy. Popsugar is $40 and you get ALL sorts of things!  Right now, if you order, you'll get a Too Faced full size Natural Eyes Palette!  Thats worth $36!  And thats not counting all the other things that are in there.  They like to include home, fashion, lifestyle and make-up/skincare goods.  Definitely google for reviews and see what you think.  If you decide to do it you can use the code: REFER5 and get $5 off your sign up.
Thanks! I just signed up for this!

I got my box today....my Cult nail polish is like olive green.  I do not like it...at all.  My free gift was also nail polish...tan.  seriously.  I'll prob only us the shampoo, face cream and lip crayon someday when my 562 other lip products run out lol. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Laurenv78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box today....my Cult nail polish is like olive green.  I do not like it...at all.  My free gift was also nail polish...tan.  seriously.  I'll prob only us the shampoo, face cream and lip crayon someday when my 562 other lip products run out lol. 
I got the exact same nail polish shades for both of mine too... I think both shades are super ugly and I won't wear either one of them. I don't like this month's box so I'm pretty sure I will be cancelling for next month until I see the spoilers... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Brittann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the exact same nail polish shades for both of mine too... I think both shades are super ugly and I won't wear either one of them. I don't like this month's box so I'm pretty sure I will be cancelling for next month until I see the spoilers... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Glad I'm not the only one...seems like everyone else was getting that dark pinkish color, although I already have a ton of that too. Oh well. 

What's the name of the color?

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's the name of the color?
Runyon...there is generic picture of it posted in my trade list

Quote: Originally Posted by Brittann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Olive green and tan !!!, just what I needed to finish the camo paint on one of my sons toy jeeps. I picked up one of my brown polishes and painted it brown cause hes into Call of duty. Yes theres hobby paint I could buy but it was excellent way to use nail polish I didnt like.and all I needed was olive green and tan to paint in the camo spots. lol..

so really, seriously, this is perfect, so weird I was just praying for olive and tan the other day..

I am looking forward to keeping the cream and the lip liner though, so all in all, I find all kinds of fun uses for my Blush Mystery. The colored hair clips in prior months, my girl rocked Crazy Hair Day at her schools spirit week.

I just got the matching Jonathan conditioner for $0.19!  It's listed on Ebay for $10.19 w/ free shipping but Ebay had sent me a random $10 off anything coupon (I think b/c I've been selling a lot on there?) so I applied the coupon and bam!  I am obviously excited now lol.  There were a few more available if anyone is interested :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back