Blush Mystery Beauty Box April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be a pretty decent box. I'm never disappointed with receiving dry shampoo. Oscar Blandi has been in ALOT of sub boxes recently. I haven't received any, but I could see where others might be kind blah about it.

I haven't tried it yet, is it decent? I'm most excited about that, actually.

My limp hair will be voluminous and my dry skin will be hydrated! Great box. I kind of hope I don't really love the skin cream because I cannot afford a $300 skin cream.

Since there are only 5 items this month does everyone think most of the items will be full-sized?

Quote: Originally Posted by Brittann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Since there are only 5 items this month does everyone think most of the items will be full-sized?
My guess is that many of them will be--not the cream, but probably the hair products and polish.

I'm definitely surprised that there are only five products this month. I can't remember a bag that didn't have at least six items. However, I agree that everything except the cream will be full-sized, which is awesome! Although, I did just receive that dry shampoo in my FFF box...but I really like it...but...hahaa, I'm soooo on the fence about this box!

More Dry Shampoo!! Aauuughh.... I guess on the plus side, I'll be able to wash my hair without water for the rest of my life.

I don't need a volumizing shampoo. I have thick curly hair and only use DevaCurl. This box is a bummer for me. The only thing I'll use is the cream and maybe the lippie but only if I get Admire.

Everything but the cream will be full-sized.  I did just receive this dry shampoo in some other box (popsugar? fabfitfun? I can't remember) and its BY FAR my favorite brand!  It's $25 so I wouldnt buy it in real life ever but its like its free if its in a sub  box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The regular shampoo is the only meh item for me.  Everything else will get used.  Now I get to wonder what my mystery gift is :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I'm on the fence; I don't completely dislike it as I did last month's, but I'm not in love with it as I was in the months before that, either. Dry shampoo can always be used, I'll use the shampoo but I'm not excited about it, I'm swimming in skincare from the previous months so the Darphin will sit around for another six weeks or so, and the nail polish I will use. Lip crayon is questionable. So, I'll use it, I'm just not EXCITED...this will not be a box where I race home in anticipation of it every day until it arrives.

Quote: Originally Posted by NoInsanity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm on the fence; I don't completely dislike it as I did last month's, but I'm not in love with it as I was in the months before that, either. Dry shampoo can always be used, I'll use the shampoo but I'm not excited about it, I'm swimming in skincare from the previous months so the Darphin will sit around for another six weeks or so, and the nail polish I will use. Lip crayon is questionable. So, I'll use it, I'm just not EXCITED...this will not be a box where I race home in anticipation of it every day until it arrives.
I am the exact opposite.  I stopped sub'ing to blush after I saw december's box.  It wasn't bad - but after October's wonderful box, it was a let down and november's box was also boring to me.  April is the first month where I am excited to sub again!  But just for this month - :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm glad they are shipping out earlier this month! It seems like for the last few months, they were shipping later and later each month! I am always really happy with this sub, though I never did find someone to trade me the DCL for dry skin for the oily skin one I got. I also find that if there is a product or two I don't like, it is easy to sell those products for enough to pay for the box, so that's always a bonus. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

The box looks good, but more dry shampoo? What the hell? I need volumizing, but I wash my hair every day. Every dry shampoo I've tried removes all shine, so I don't like them. Really hoping that's not the full-sized item.

Quote: Originally Posted by ItsASubInABox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Spoiler article is up http://www.dermstore.com/articles/article_1723.htm
I just saw this! I actually really like dry shampoo, but I hate that particular dry shampoo. I have really fine, limp hair that gets oily really fast, so I have tried almost every dry shampoo out there. This one did nothing at all for my hair. I was very disappointed with it. I also have a big tub of that shampoo that I got at Marshall's, and I also hated that! It was kind of watery and didn't really clean my hair (but like I said, my hair is on the oily side). Seeing these items in the bag makes me not at all excited to get my bag this month! I do not need any more nail polishes or lip liners either! I do really want to try the moisturizer, so I guess it depends on the size of it whether or not this month was a total waste for me. I guess we can't like every month, but I usually do. 
sadno.gif

I'm actually going to pass on this month. I don't use lip color, only balms, and I don't need volumizing shampoo either! The only thing I'd really be excited about is the dry shampoo and I still have enough of the Kloraine (sp? On my phone, sorry). I'm also far too picky about polish colors to actually get this bag just for the polish and dry shampoo, even though I'd enjoy the cream.

This box is a bit "meh" for me.

The lippie looks interesting, but in my experience crayons don't have much staying power which is the most important factor in a lip product to me.

I love trying out new creams, but I would hate to fall in love with the Darphin one since I would never spend that much money on it! That stuff needs to apply itself for that price.

Shampoos are ok, but not exciting.

I'm still trying to find a dry shampoo that works with my hair, so I'm not opposed to getting another one. 

I can't stand Cult polishes. I hate the packaging, the formulas I have tried are terrible streaky messes, and the colors are nothing to get excited about. That item will get on my trade list as soon as I get it.

I'm also kind of 'meh' about this box. I don't quite see what makes it a bombshell box. The dry shampoo is ok, but they've been everywhere lately and I just got this exact one in the spring FabFitFun box. Blush is still one of my favorites for trying new products and i've already got the shipping notification so its too late to go back now. I'm sure that i can find places for the stuff I wont use. Maybe one day I'll use up all six bottles of dry shampoo...maybe.

Just signed up for this box, based on the spoilers this afternoon. Their shipping is insanely fast- it's already scheduled for delivery Friday. I currently subscribe to at least a dozen sub boxes, and I've never seen shipping this fast. So impressive.

Blush does have really fast shipping usually!  I'm also so-so about this month's box. 

I already have a full sized can of this dry shampoo and I don't have much need for it as it is. 

I'll happily take the shampoo but I really wish they'd send a matching conditioner!  I always have a ton of shampoo because I run out of conditioner first.

The lip crayon looks like a pretty neutral color which I like, but I have so many lipsticks and glosses right now.

Another pricey face lotion - I'm already hoarding a few (La Prairie and Sisley Rose lol)

I am also on nail polish overload.

I may cancel and wait for spoilers before reordering next month.

More dry shampoo!!!!! I can't stand it, I have very thick and curly hair so my hair is never oily......ughhhhh wish I had a chance to cancel it 

Blush does have really fast shipping usually!  I'm also so-so about this month's box.  I already have a full sized can of this dry shampoo and I don't have much need for it as it is.  I'll happily take the shampoo but I really wish they'd send a matching conditioner!  I always have a ton of shampoo because I run out of conditioner first. The lip crayon looks like a pretty neutral color which I like, but I have so many lipsticks and glosses right now. Another pricey face lotion - I'm already hoarding a few (La Prairie and Sisley Rose lol) I am also on nail polish overload. I may cancel and wait for spoilers before reordering next month.
Did you get the La Prairie from a sub box? If so, which one? I struggle with sub boxes sometimes bc my skin doesn't like anything that isn't natural or high end. If a box sent out La Prairie I'd subscribe in a heart beat, lol.

Back