Blush Mystery Beauty Box April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by ChullBird /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The link provided by goldendarter was actually really helpful, so now I am excited to try it. I actually went to the PC website, and mostly everything there has really really good reviews. I just get so nervous about everything I put on my face because at 30, having a bunch of zits on my is super embarrassing.

Actually, it's embarrassing no matter how old you are. I just feel like people notice more at my age.

Too bad there's no such thing as a miracle product.
Paula's Choice Resist C15 Super Booster is amazing! I'm obsessed with it!

Quote: Originally Posted by lanabuch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Paula's Choice Resist C15 Super Booster is amazing! I'm obsessed with it!
I've been hearing a lot of Paula's Choice lately, but I've never tried any of it. I see that I'm most definitely going to have to.

I've only used the BHA liquid twice, once last night and then this morning, and I swear on my life just after the first use I noticed a slight difference.

I'm really happy with my Paula's Choice products, too.  I actually went to her website to look at things.  What I love the most is her beautypedia!  She tells you how good a product actually is based on it's ingredients.  What an eyeopener!!  Just because its expensive, doesn't mean its good.  The first thing I did was go out and buy Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream Night since its rated BEST and has all the anti-aging goodies I need :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

She rates all the sensitive skin stuff, too, so I recommend looking at it.  My mom has very sensitive skin and swears by the beautypedia lists.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm really happy with my Paula's Choice products, too.  I actually went to her website to look at things.  What I love the most is her beautypedia!  She tells you how good a product actually is based on it's ingredients.  What an eyeopener!!  Just because its expensive, doesn't mean its good.  The first thing I did was go out and buy Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream Night since its rated BEST and has all the anti-aging goodies I need :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

She rates all the sensitive skin stuff, too, so I recommend looking at it.  My mom has very sensitive skin and swears by the beautypedia lists.
Thanks so much for suggesting that! Great resource! 

Quote: Originally Posted by ChullBird /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been hearing a lot of Paula's Choice lately, but I've never tried any of it. I see that I'm most definitely going to have to.

I've only used the BHA liquid twice, once last night and then this morning, and I swear on my life just after the first use I noticed a slight difference.
I just recently started using the 2% BHA liquid (bought it about a month ago) and I have pretty much the same type of skin you do! 30, acne prone, and very sensitive. I feel like after awhile, it definitely makes your skin look smoother! I still get blemishes, but I feel like that is a problem I am going to be battling my entire life. Such a bummer, I was hoping after I bypassed the teen years that my skin would finally be normal. No such luck for me.

I think that the 2% is gentle enough that even those of us with sensitive skin can use it!

I loved the paulas choice item also. I don't have sensitive skin but it's very oily and acne prone. Blush is one of my favorite subscriptions because I love skincare samples. The only issue I have with them is more often than not the size of the samples are very small and it takes me at least two weeks to decide if I like a skincare product. I'd prefer to test for a whole month. Blush typically has very good sizes (many times full size!) unlike sample society plus they typically include one full size beauty item that I usually enjoy. The pixi eyeliner, mirabella highlighter, and skylark perfume were some of my favorites. The big issue I had last month was the abundance of tiny samples. I'm hoping that's not going to continue because I've been thrilled with most bags I've received. Does anyone remember when they usually release spoilers? It should be within the next few days no?

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved the paulas choice item also. I don't have sensitive skin but it's very oily and acne prone. Blush is one of my favorite subscriptions because I love skincare samples. The only issue I have with them is more often than not the size of the samples are very small and it takes me at least two weeks to decide if I like a skincare product. I'd prefer to test for a whole month. Blush typically has very good sizes (many times full size!) unlike sample society plus they typically include one full size beauty item that I usually enjoy. The pixi eyeliner, mirabella highlighter, and skylark perfume were some of my favorites. The big issue I had last month was the abundance of tiny samples. I'm hoping that's not going to continue because I've been thrilled with most bags I've received. Does anyone remember when they usually release spoilers? It should be within the next few days no?

I think they usually release a spoiler the first day or two of the month, they're pretty consistent that way.  I agree with you re: the sample sizes. . they always include sizes that (if not full size) are so large I can truly test it out before deciding if I want to purchase.  Even though last month's samples were smaller than usual, they were still big enough to get a number of uses out of - but, I'm also hoping we get larger things this month.  

Aside from the fact that it's always a high value box (since I've subscribed, every box has included at least $100 in product!!) it seems like they really try and include a nice variety of products from month to month.  Prodcuts I'll definitely repurchase:   the Klorane desert date conditioner, Klorane dry shampoo, L'Edge, and Mirabella highlighter/blush, and the Strivectin from last month's box.  I still have a bunch of things I haven't even been able to test yet due to so many subs but it sounds like I need to give the Paula's Choice a try.  

I just wanted to point out that if anyone got the Target Beauty Box there was a coupon code for 20% off at Blush which hypothetically means if you don't subscribe yet you could use it, I assume on the Mystery Beauty Box. I canceled and am planning to try it. We will see I'll let you all know how it goes!

La Bella Donna Love Lips Collection Duo   $28.50 retail at Blush.  

Here's the product info: Enhance the look of your lips with La Bella Donna Love Lips Collection Duo Lip Crayon. The dual-ended lip crayon features a lip liner on one end and lip color on the other. Its smooth formula glides on with ease, delivering an even and effortless application. Vitamins C and E offer rich antioxidant benefits to nourish and hydrate for a soft, supple pout.

I'm so excited for a box that's curated by a makeup artist since the last few have been from dermatologists/surgeons! Plus that product retails for more than the price of the box and is full size, so you know the value is already there!

Make up!  Shipment!  Hooray!!

I can't wait!  This really is one of my top favorites!

Quote: Originally Posted by littlemissbandb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  La Bella Donna Love Lips Collection Duo   $28.50 retail at Blush.  

Here's the product info: Enhance the look of your lips with La Bella Donna Love Lips Collection Duo Lip Crayon. The dual-ended lip crayon features a lip liner on one end and lip color on the other. Its smooth formula glides on with ease, delivering an even and effortless application. Vitamins C and E offer rich antioxidant benefits to nourish and hydrate for a soft, supple pout.

I'm so excited for a box that's curated by a makeup artist since the last few have been from dermatologists/surgeons! Plus that product retails for more than the price of the box and is full size, so you know the value is already there!
where did you find this?

the april box is sold out?  They still have the march up for sale, so I am hoping this just means they haven't opened it up to new customers.

Quote: Originally Posted by littlemissbandb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The spoiler is up

How on earth did you find this!?  I've been stalking all day with no luck!  I mean, until I checked here :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back