Blush Mystery Beauty Box April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by sarahinnola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get the La Prairie from a sub box? If so, which one? I struggle with sub boxes sometimes bc my skin doesn't like anything that isn't natural or high end. If a box sent out La Prairie I'd subscribe in a heart beat, lol.
It was a Limited Edition Glossybox a couple months back.  I did just get 4 travel sized items for $18.50 on Ebay, one worth almost $50 alone!  You can occasionally find a great deal on there!

Quote: Originally Posted by Darlene6231 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  More dry shampoo!!!!! I can't stand it, I have very thick and curly hair so my hair is never oily......ughhhhh wish I had a chance to cancel it 
 I hate dry shampoo, too. I use it on my dogs for perfume.

Quote: Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   I hate dry shampoo, too. I use it on my dogs for perfume.
rofl2.gif
  I am imagining my dogs' reactions to that one!

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rofl2.gif
  I am imagining my dogs' reactions to that one!
One is 17 and the other is 14. I chase them around and spritz like mad. They don't move very quickly!

One is 17 and the other is 14. I chase them around and spritz like mad. They don't move very quickly!
We are at 13, 12 1/2 and 4, but very quick and they have well over 100 pounds on me!  I have to trap one in a bedroom alone with me just to clip their nails--otherwise their siblings try to rescue them! 
sheep.gif

I use Febreeze! So glad to know I'm not alone in terrorizing my dogs to make them smell better!

How did I not know this was a thing?  I have just been using Bath and Body Works Fresh Bamboo plug-ins instead of spraying the pups!  If only they made bamboo dog spray...

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I use Febreeze! So glad to know I'm not alone in terrorizing my dogs to make them smell better!
 I have done that, too. I use BioKleen Bac Out on them too. I have no idea how they have survived into this great old age.

There is this fantastic product called Fresh Wave Pets Vacuum Pearls.  You know how vacuuming up all that dog hair can make your vacuum stink and then the room stinks like stinky vacuum??  

I found these pearls and you dump a lid-full into the vacuum bag/canister and its seriously magic.  The first time I used it, it smelled so good for like five minutes and then started being stinky again and I was sad, thinking I'd fallen to hype.  

But the next time I vacuumed I put in another lid-full before I started and it smelled amazing the whole time and still smells great and I've vacuumed the house five times!

I think I'm gonna put another lid-full in before I vacuum tomorrow just to fresh it up again.  

You can find it on Amazon and its $10 but wow, getting rid of dog hair stink in my vacuum is totally worth it.  

/off topic

Quote: Originally Posted by littlemissbandb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For a Makeup Artist there really isn't much Make-up in his picks.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was hoping that finally with a makeup artist curator there would be more makeup. Oh well still looks pretty good to me and sizes will hopefully be amazing!
Yeah :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was a little teensy bit disappointed that it went so "hair-y".   I never like getting hair products even though I have found several that I like because of boxes. 

But then 2 hair products, 1 skincare and 2 make up (counting nail polish as make up) is pretty well-rounded.  But i'd have really liked an eyeshadow instead of polish.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It says that we will get one of two colors.  I'm really hoping for a pinky one.  They all seem to be brownish pink which I dont mind at all.  So much better than anything orangey.

Duo_Lip_Crayon_Main__04301.1382634280.451.416.jpg

Two of the ones I've tried are more matte, and two are shimmery. I actually prefer the matte ones, but they last forever without having to reapply! 

Quote: Originally Posted by littlemissbandb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm glad to hear good reviews of the company! It looks like a really awesome multitasking product. I love me a lip product that's easy and travels well. Where do you work ? Is it an all natural or vegan product? I'm super excited too! The website says it will be mostly hair and cosmetics products. I'm really hoping we get well rounded products for a whole face look.
I work at a resort spa :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

La Bella Donna only sells in high-end spas, doctor offices, and cancer clinics. All of their products are post-op and cancer approved, which is amazing! The lip crayon doesn't have preservatives, lake dyes, or lanolin derivatives. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lanabuch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I work at a resort spa :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

La Bella Donna only sells in high-end spas, doctor offices, and cancer clinics. All of their products are post-op and cancer approved, which is amazing! The lip crayon doesn't have preservatives, lake dyes, or lanolin derivatives. 
wow  !!!, resort spa lip liner and sampling 300 dollar face cream this month in Blush Mystery. Im totally agreeing to this experience ! (smiles)

Finally got my shipping notification - 2.10 lbs of fancy spa goodies!! I know some of you ladies weren't fans of last month's box, but I was looking over what we received and I realized that I ended up using a lot of it (except that Dermalogic?? lotion since my skin was too easily irritated by it). I loved all the high-end skin products, but I did miss the fun of cosmetics last month. It's nice to have a really balanced bag for April - hair, nail, make-up, skin, and...well, hair again 
blink.gif
Actually, what I'd really like is more of that amazing body wash they sent out in November or December? Whenever it was, that stuff smelled sooooo gooood.

For those that already have the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo, what is the scent like? I love dry shampoos, but so many of them are SO perfumy they drive me crazy! I really like the Kloraine one from a couple of months ago, mostly because the scent is really light and kind of herbal-y. Any chance this one is similar?

Well I have to say, I'm not really disappointed with the box revel. Some things I'm excited about. The lip crayon, most excellent! Very excite! I've never actually gotten around to trying one before, which is a little embarrassing to tell the truth >.>. Also really happy about the wet and dry shampoo. I'm almost out of both, and lucky me, I have straight hair. It's not particularly thin, but I've used volume enhancing shampoos before and it's really no problem. I think dry shampoo is possibly one of the best inventions ever. I like having nice, clean feeling hair, but using wet shampoo every day makes it feel so stripped out and dry! Especially my poor color treated hair!

What I'm not so thrilled about, the nail polish and face cream. I don't wear polish on my finger nails; I work management in a restaurant and nail polish is a big no no for me. I do wear it on my toes, but I prefer blues and blacks down there. I don't know what color they're sending us, but I doubt it'll be suited to my preference. I'll certainly try it out though, just to see how the formula works. As for the face cream, it's a really expensive cream I'd never ever buy, but other than that, I'm 24, and I have slightly oily, acne prone skin. My skin absolutely does not play nice with anything made for dry skin and certainly doesn't need any sort of anti-aging help. Sooooo that's probably going to be gifted to my mother LOL!

But I mean what can you do? Last month I got a load of skin care products perfectly suited for my skin! Awesome. I actually bought the full size Paula's Choice and that Miracle Skin Microdermabrasion cream (btw anyone who really liked that, Amazon has it for about $10 cheaper. I bought it there because Dermstore was forecasting two weeks wait!) because I liked it so much. You win some you lose some. It's the beauty of a Mystery box!

I actually like that this subscription box isn't so cosmetic focused. It's one of the reasons I picked it. I do wear some makeup, but to be honest I'm way more in to skin care. I'd rather have nice looking skin and skip all the powders and foundations and what not. This is my second month in and I've yet to be disappointed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Forkeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well I have to say, I'm not really disappointed with the box revel. Some things I'm excited about. The lip crayon, most excellent! Very excite! I've never actually gotten around to trying one before, which is a little embarrassing to tell the truth >.>. Also really happy about the wet and dry shampoo. I'm almost out of both, and lucky me, I have straight hair. It's not particularly thin, but I've used volume enhancing shampoos before and it's really no problem. I think dry shampoo is possibly one of the best inventions ever. I like having nice, clean feeling hair, but using wet shampoo every day makes it feel so stripped out and dry! Especially my poor color treated hair!

What I'm not so thrilled about, the nail polish and face cream. I don't wear polish on my finger nails; I work management in a restaurant and nail polish is a big no no for me. I do wear it on my toes, but I prefer blues and blacks down there. I don't know what color they're sending us, but I doubt it'll be suited to my preference. I'll certainly try it out though, just to see how the formula works. As for the face cream, it's a really expensive cream I'd never ever buy, but other than that, I'm 24, and I have slightly oily, acne prone skin. My skin absolutely does not play nice with anything made for dry skin and certainly doesn't need any sort of anti-aging help. Sooooo that's probably going to be gifted to my mother LOL!

But I mean what can you do? Last month I got a load of skin care products perfectly suited for my skin! Awesome. I actually bought the full size Paula's Choice and that Miracle Skin Microdermabrasion cream (btw anyone who really liked that, Amazon has it for about $10 cheaper. I bought it there because Dermstore was forecasting two weeks wait!) because I liked it so much. You win some you lose some. It's the beauty of a Mystery box!

I actually like that this subscription box isn't so cosmetic focused. It's one of the reasons I picked it. I do wear some makeup, but to be honest I'm way more in to skin care. I'd rather have nice looking skin and skip all the powders and foundations and what not. This is my second month in and I've yet to be disappointed.
I agree!  This box has a nice mix of products and I think it's great they are including a very high end face cream (the Darphin. . .even though I'm sure it's just a deluxe sample, will feel like a luxurious treat).  I just received the Oscar Blandi in my FFF box and like the Klorane dry shampoo much better.   The Oscar Blandi has a stronger scent, a thicker texture, and just doesn't feel as 'natural' as the Klorane.  I coughed a little when I sprayed it in my hair and it also made my scalp itch for awhile - the Klorane is the only dry shampoo I've used so far that doesn't make me feel like I'm clogging up my lungs with chemicals.    The Jonathan shampoo looks nice and I love the color choices of the lip pencils . . overall, a nice variety and good value for the money.

Has anyone received their box yet ? I'm curious as to whether these are full size products or travel/ sample size. Also curious about the variation with nail polish colors. Thanks. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back