Blush Mystery Beauty Box April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take that polish color!

The Admire lipstick just about matches my lip color, but it feels really nice and smooth and not heavy.

I love the army green color!

I hope I get that and not some bright pink/coral color

I love the army green color! I hope I get that and not some bright pink/coral color
The green looked good to me too but I got the pink Matador color. Oh well. That's what sisters and nieces are for, right?

I got the green and I love it!  I would take the tan one off anyone's hands that does not want it.  I got perfume instead--yuck!  Off to update trade thread!

I got the Cult polish in Laguna which is a salmony pink color. May or may not keep it... After swatching, it seems to have the same annoying formula as their other polishes I have used. 

My box arrived today. For starters my previous stuff arrived very fast. This time? It was transferred to the post office and sat for eternity in oshgosh. It was at my local UPS delivery facility 3 days ago. Not pleased... The box itself? I am once again, not pleased. It arrived and was sooo very tiny. It is not like we are getting itsy of birchbox here... We are paying 2-3 times as much. What ever happened to quality full sized face products of the past? And it looks like they are still up to their old tricks of sending Johnathan products over and over again. Full sized hair products are inexpensive.. Do they own this company? They do the same with their own Dermstore products. Full size is all too often Dermstore of johnathan. I joined mostly for the face, body, and bath care items vs. makeup. We got only one , the Darphin, and it is YELLOW. Did they unload a bunch of old samples on Blush or something? Plus you could use this sample as perfume it is that strong. Lip pencils, I never use. Nail polish, i never use.... i usually give that stuff away to my less fortunate sister. So i could have just bought a bottle of shampoo at the store, then had $20 left over to buy something more appealing than dry shampoo. Another pet peeve? I think it is EXTREMELY terrible that they send an extra gift item on whim. So then if you don't get it, you feel slighted. It seems like most here got it, but not me. I really don't feel that the last two boxes were a good value. Now the December box that I got via a grab bag, was. My big question is, did i jump on the bandwagon just as Blush is cutting back?

I actually think this box is great - I started back in August and then stopped in December.  This is the first one after the meh, boring but okay November box that I am excited to get.  I will use all of the products (unless that nailpolish is bright pink or something - then I will try to swap for the green) - december, january, feb, march - all were like, nah.

I got the Cult polish in Laguna, which I love! The pencil is in Luscious and it's gorgeous, but I think I may hit the swap board for Admire as I tend to go for a slightly more natural look. I'm excited to try such a pricey face cream and the Oscar Blandi will get used once I finish the one I got in FFF. Idk about the Jonathan shampoo, as I haven't tried it yet. The extras I received were the Kronos hairspray (score!) and foils of Jade & Burdock Purifying Toner and Cinq Mondes Tropical Nuts Melting Balm (sounds disgusting but it'll probably be amazing on my dry skin). Feeling pretty happy overall.

Got my box today! I got the Laguna nail polish it's a good color. My extra thing was a bottle of Klorane dry shampoo that we got in a box a couple of months ago. I know that it will get used eventually and I like the formula. But did the really need to send me TWO bottles of dry shampoo in the same box? also I got this weird hair removal wipe? Did anyone else get that as well? 

Quote: Originally Posted by kierstencliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box today! I got the Laguna nail polish it's a good color. My extra thing was a bottle of Klorane dry shampoo that we got in a box a couple of months ago. I know that it will get used eventually and I like the formula. But did the really need to send me TWO bottles of dry shampoo in the same box? also I got this weird hair removal wipe? Did anyone else get that as well? 
The Klorane is my favorite. That would make me so happy.

I received my box today. I got the lip pencil in Luscious and haven't tested it to see if the color works for me. The cap came off of it in the bag, so it got kind of smudged, but it's not that big of a deal. The nail polish I got was in the red color, and I will never ever use it (not because I hate the color, but because I have enough polishes as it is). They gave me a really nice free gift though, a $30 Prive Texture Spray, so that's really nice! This month definitely wasn't awesome for me, but I still love this sub enough not to cancel. 

for those who got the perfume & nailpolish as your mystery gift and hate it, it could be worse.  I got, for the 10th time in a row, the dermstore lip quench, which I now officially loathe.

I swear, what is up with these darn things?  I did call and complain to dermstore, but they did nothing for me.

I got the laguna nailpolish which I hope I can swap for the runyan.  I did get the lip pencil I wanted, which is the luscious.  I am disappointed in my "mystery gift", but I hope I can trade for the green nailpolish and I will be happy again!!

I'm so happy! My box came in today and I got the lip pencil in Luscious and the nail polish in Runyon. I'm mostly excited about my free gift, though, because it was the Klorane dry shampoo and I'm almost out!

Changed my mind once I got my box...love this month. I got the Kronos hair spray, and I had just been eying some Kronos products so I'm SO HAPPY to give it a try.

Quote: Originally Posted by starlite2nite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No extras fort me this time....I got the Luscious color and would love to trade for Admire.
Why do some people get extras and others don't? I usually get a couple of foil packets and I've seen others who got full sized items.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Why do some people get extras and others don't? I usually get a couple of foil packets and I've seen others who got full sized items.
It's different every time. I mostly get foils. This was one of the only times I got a full size item. 

Just got my box!  I got everything I wanted, yay!  Luscious lip crayon and Laguna nail polish.  My mystery gift was a bottle of Klorane dry shampoo (which i dont use and its a big bottle).  My samples were a squeeze tube of Sonya Dakar Omega-3 repair complex and a Jade Spa toner foil.

I just can't stop loving Blush :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: I didn't get any mystery item last time.  I just got two sample packets.  This time my invoice specified a mystery gift.  Oh, I did just remember that last month I used a referral credit (thanks, mom!) so I got ten dollars off.  maybe thats why they didnt give me a gift.

Back