bzz agent - consumer testing panel (aka lookie what i got to try out!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sign up for HouseParty too! I think getting picked by them is more of a lottery type deal if you fit their demographics, but they give you great stuff. i.e. $250 Keurig brewers :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What's houseparty?

Is it similar to bzzcampaign?

Sign up for HouseParty too! I think getting picked by them is more of a lottery type deal if you fit their demographics, but they give you great stuff. i.e. $250 Keurig brewers :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for letting me know!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HECK, I was happy enough with what I got for hosting a Benefit party for them. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get to try the new hello oxygen foundation?

I just saw on their website that they had a benefit campaign.

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's houseparty?

Is it similar to bzzcampaign?
Sort of. You apply to "host parties" sponsored by companies who send you all kinds of cool supplies for you and your guests. For example, The Keurig House Party I got picked for, they are sending me 14 cups, napkins, coffee, an apron, and a brewer machine. I got picked for a Bare Minerals house party a couple years ago and they sent me 15 samples of moisturizer and a few full size items to pass out to guests.

I wanted to host that party so bad!! lol how was the foundation?

Sort of. You apply to "host parties" sponsored by companies who send you all kinds of cool supplies for you and your guests. For example, The Keurig House Party I got picked for, they are sending me 14 cups, napkins, coffee, an apron, and a brewer machine. I got picked for a Bare Minerals house party a couple years ago and they sent me 15 samples of moisturizer and a few full size items to pass out to guests.

That sounds cool. Do you get notified of campaigns or do you just sign up?

Do you actually have to host a party or can I just hand out the samples to friends and family and get feedback?

Also do you get to keep the items?

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That sounds cool. Do you get notified of campaigns or do you just sign up?

Do you actually have to host a party or can I just hand out the samples to friends and family and get feedback?

Also do you get to keep the items?
You get notified via email when new parties are available. You apply then you find out a few weeks later if you get picked. You are technically agreeing to host an actual party, but I have friends that haven't and they have still gotten picked to host future parties. They also send you a follow up survey at the end of your party so it's important that you fill that out. And yes you get to keep everything they send you.

I liked the new line of foundation pretty well, actually. I was (sadly) more excited by the full-size POREfessional I got, because I like BB cream better these days, but c'est la guerre.Here's what all they sent me:

14 goodie bags w/stuffers: BadGal Lash Mascara, POREfessional deluxe size, magnetic photo frame, sample vial for your matching shade, page of coupons.

The entire line of the new foundation. Each bottle had a small sample of POREfessional inside--basically swatch-size.

A hardcover book about brows and other beauty topics--forget the details, as I loaned it out to a guest

*Hervana blush

*POREfessional

*Eye contour kit

*Benetint

*Brow gel

Items with a * were full-sized

I liked the new line of foundation pretty well, actually. I was (sadly) more excited by the full-size POREfessional I got, because I like BB cream better these days, but c'est la guerre.Here's what all they sent me:

14 goodie bags w/stuffers: BadGal Lash Mascara, POREfessional deluxe size, magnetic photo frame, sample vial for your matching shade, page of coupons.

The entire line of the new foundation. Each bottle had a small sample of POREfessional inside--basically swatch-size.

A hardcover book about brows and other beauty topics--forget the details, as I loaned it out to a guest

*Hervana blush

*POREfessional

*Eye contour kit

*Benetint

*Brow gel

That's an awesome mix of full size items! I love the goodie bag items too. I gotta go swatch that foundation at Ulta soon.. but it's starting to get hot and my face + arizona heat + liquid foundation = bad.

That's an awesome mix of full size items! I love the goodie bag items too. I gotta go swatch that foundation at Ulta soon.. but it's starting to get hot and my face + arizona heat + liquid foundation = bad.

Bwahaha, yeah, I'm in AZ, too, remember?

The last remaining bottle of the foundation is going in the traveling box, by the way. If someone matched a shade, I gave it to 'em. This is a good shade, just didn't match any of us (I consciously TRIED to have a good mix of skin tones among attendees). And I traded off the Hervana for something I actually wanted a sample of, and gave the brow thing to my co-worker/enabler, but the Benetint and POREfessional would have been compensation ENOUGH, you know?

Bwahaha, yeah, I'm in AZ, too, remember?

The last remaining bottle of the foundation is going in the traveling box, by the way. If someone matched a shade, I gave it to 'em. This is a good shade, just didn't match any of us (I consciously TRIED to have a good mix of skin tones among attendees). And I traded off the Hervana for something I actually wanted a sample of, and gave the brow thing to my co-worker/enabler, but the Benetint and POREfessional would have been compensation ENOUGH, you know?
I remember! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> what shade is it?

Yeah I would have been happy with just a POREfessional house party honestly haha.

*Hervana blush

*POREfessional

*Eye contour kit

*Benetint

*Brow gel

Oh I am sooo jealous, I wanted that party so bad! I even had a dream about it. Lmao I am dying to try hervana And the shade Petal.. Sigh lol I just hosted a Duncan Hines party over the weekend and it was a blast! I did mini cupcakes with 3 mixes and a pan of brownies- they sent coupons for 4 free mixes, frosting coupons for my guests, an apron, 8 tubs of frosting and all 12 flavor packets to mix in. I had ten guests and all the neighborhood kids.. Lots of fun!

I remember! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> what shade is it?

Yeah I would have been happy with just a POREfessional house party honestly haha.
It's TOASTED BEIGE.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I am sooo jealous, I wanted that party so bad! I even had a dream about it. Lmao I am dying to try hervana And the shade Petal.. Sigh lol

I just hosted a Duncan Hines party over the weekend and it was a blast! I did mini cupcakes with 3 mixes and a pan of brownies- they sent coupons for 4 free mixes, frosting coupons for my guests, an apron, 8 tubs of frosting and all 12 flavor packets to mix in. I had ten guests and all the neighborhood kids.. Lots of fun!
Petal was the shade that best suited me, which was surprising, as usually I would have grabbed Ivory. But my roommate pointed out that I've gotten slightly darker since I've lived out here. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I miss being pale.

Petal was the shade that best suited me, which was surprising, as usually I would have grabbed Ivory. But my roommate pointed out that I've gotten slightly darker since I've lived out here. :( I miss being pale.

Hmmm.. I am between light and medium but more towards light and I am cool toned. Why can't it be more simple to figure out your shade? Lol

Did you or guests have it help w/ oily t zones? Porefessional doesn't help my dang shiny nose lol maybe I need to just stick with the BB cream bandwagon.

•  
  •  
  •  
Did you or guests have it help w/ oily t zones? Porefessional doesn't help my dang shiny nose lol maybe I need to just stick with the BB cream bandwagon.

That's odd....POREfessional has REALLY helped my oily zone (Most of my skin is dry as paper, though). And I can't say enough good about BB cream. But, yes, one of my friends who usually looks greasy (I'll admit it) looked GREAT with this stuff. It was better coverage than I expected, considering how light it felt on my skin.

Hmmm.. I am between light and medium but more towards light and I am cool toned. Why can't it be more simple to figure out your shade? Lol

Ivory was sometimes even too dark on me. But having been a smoker for ten years, plus living in AZ, I've taken on a tinge more color than I'd like. As far as how cool toned my skin is....well, just look at the pic, you'll see :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What other campaigns with houseparty have you girls gotten into aside from the Keurig and Benefit ones? 

There's two going on right now, but I'm not too interested in them.

Back