Can you rock red lipstick?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh hell like i said in another post...

If only i had the guts to rock red lipstick.... I just dont have the confidence...

icon_redface.gif

You look good in red! I know what you mean about everyone staring or saying negative things, but it looks good! 

As for me it has to be a dark maroon type of red. . . Agreeing with Dream.

I love wearing red lipstick but unfortunately my eldest daughter borrowed mine (three different reds at three different times) and loaned it to her friends (dance team) and I never saw my lipsticks again or my gold glitter liners. Not a happy camper about that. No I don't have any "true" reds at the moment. Not even Red Alert from Rimmel.

Are you evaluating the value of your daughter. .. . or are we finding a way of dealing with the makeup and lipstick issue. . .?? One should not stand in the way of a wonderfully beautiful woman and her makeup and lipstick. . . . 

Marilyn in Dallas

@Relocation, you look like Liv Tyler in this picture! You definitely rock red lipstick.

I rock red on a daily basis!  I actually feel wrong without it.  I think it's the influence of Robert Palmer's music videos and my mom's red lips from the '80s.  I think there is nothing more classic or glamorous than a great red lip.  To me it's all about texture, and with the right one everyone can rock their own perfect red.  I think a more matte red, perhaps a great deep red lip stain, would look beautiful on you.  Even a very sheer lipstick, like MAC's Ladybug would be good.  A less glossed over red tends to be more flattering for more people in my experience. 

It took me years but my perfect no-budge red lip formula is awesome:  MAC Cherry Lipliner, Max Factor 3D Lipfinity in Dominatrix Red (discontinued, but still on Amazon for now, MAC Longwear works too), no gloss, and this stuff stays for days if need be!  That was always my biggest gripe with bold color, for me it has to stay put or forget it.

Nouba has an AMAZING deep blue red liquid lipstick, but I can't find that stuff anywhere in here the US.  (If anyone knows where I can find this by the way, please let me know!)

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nrtmkP9OJVg/0.jpg

I've been going to a lot of stores looking for a good deep red color for myself, like the one on this link. . . No success.

Anyone have recommendations? Either gloss or matte.

Saw the new Superstay 24 color by Maybelline and thought it might work, but wasn't too sure if it really does last long.  

I've done Ruby Woo, I liked how it looked! Though it came out so OD bright in pictures.

Back