Canadian subscription boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like it. I got a shiny shimmer lipgloss instead so I can use it as a topcoat for lips. The soap smells great and Its always nice to get a shadow pot. I am probably in that small boat of ppl that actually has a UV lamp so I will be able to use the nailpolish. Glymm needs a serious house cleaning of thier customer service department though. The ShinySet discount looks promising. I wonder is it half off your whole subscription or just the first month?

Having given up on Glymm, Luxebox and Glossybox this month I decided to give Topbox and Beauty Box 5 a try.  For the two I pay $22 a month, which is only one dollar more than Glossybox.  Both the February BB5 and the March Topbox arrived today (BB5 acknowledged late shipping due to a heavier weight).  I'm used to having to get my boxes from the post office, but amazingly both of these boxes fit in my little condo mailbox!  That wasn't the best sign!  When I unpacked them I discovered that between the two boxes I didn't get a single color cosmetic!  Not one!  What was inside:

Topbox (Regular March box)

MaskerAide anti-aging face mask (a big sheet you spread all over your face)
Vera Wang Lovestruck sample (large size but advertised as sold at Shoppers Drug Mart, so it's a low-end brand)
Loreal Mythic Oil (two sample vials- for hair... straight into the gym bag)
Aveda Caribbean Therapy body lotion (small tube... into the gym bag it goes!)
BB5 (February)

BrushGuards (to reshape makeup brushes after washing... talk about inventing a need!)
Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub in Coconut Lime (5.5 oz, not bad- will throw in gym bag)
H20 Bath Aquatics Shampoo (I've seen this in hotels and also in random Eastern European pharmacies, would have liked the matching conditioner to get the full effect)
Coolway Boost (straightening conditioner?)
Pop-up mirrored brush (will probably be used for the next ten years- I keep one of these in every purse)
Could have been worse, I suppose, and they're so cheap I don't stress about poor customer service the way I would with Glossybox or the other boxes. 

I received the exact same Topbox. I was really disappointed. But they get another chance, as I really loved the Clinique and Benefit Prive boxes a lot. But that BB5 box looks like it was was even worse.

I actually liked the BB5 box from February. True it didn't have any cosmetics but I don't sweat it. I'm excited to try all the products I've never heard of.

There's also Julep (nail polish etc) and LipFactory (mostly but not totally focused on lip products) The Ox Box, Fancybox, IndieStylebox, Seasonsbox (which is Canadian based), Wantable is supposed to start shipping to Canada in April.......gosh there are sooooo many.  Even LeParcel (tampons/pads/liners + chocolate and a 'gift') which ships to canada although the shipping is as much as the subscription.......I am most excited for Wantable!  I want one hahaha.  Although you'd think I'd be happy with the 9 boxes I already subscribe to (insert shameful look)

I actually dropped Glymm this month due to their dwindling customer service and price increase.  I have been soooo disappointed with the last couple boxes that I felt our time had come to an end.  Although I loved the fact that you collected points and could actually use them for something worthwhile!  I also dropped Glossybox for the same reasons.  And their points system is just dumb.

I feel ya on Glymm, it was time to move on for the same reasons. I've only received one Glossybox and want to see if it's worth keeping. I'm always looking for new ones.

(Link removed, please read the Terms of Service.)

Originally Posted by countrygirlxo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What do you think of February's Glymm?

Villainess Ginger Snapped Soap

Purely Pro Cosmetics (colour luxury)

Nailluv Gel Polish (colour berry sweet)

Monster Gloss Super Shine Lipgloss (colour purple)

Shinyset Subscription 50% off card

Heart Shaped Lollypop

Glymm Bag

I personally could do without the purple gloss and lollypop, lol.

I am pleased!

The eyeshadow is a pressed one and neutral....something I can pop in my bag vs loose mineral stuff.

lip gloss, always fun to get- but I own so many and use lip balm more lately.

I also have the nail polish promo and this month the extra nail polish was 2 of The New Black brand, people complained they are just 5ml bottles??

But it is not a cheap brand and each bottle costs $6 usually in a set of 3.....

I am not sure if I will renew Glymm when my year is up.

If it is $12 a month and they have a good promo for me. if it is just $12 per month and no promo, prob not.

arch

Originally Posted by girlmeetsbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel ya on Glymm, it was time to move on for the same reasons. I've only received one Glossybox and want to see if it's worth keeping. I'm always looking for new ones.

(Link removed, please read the Terms of Service.)
Glossybox and Dec 2012...the reason I am never dealing with them again.

Also being banned from their facebook when I was not even rude?

Oh....and sending me expired replacement products??

January's box was their "housecleaning" box, and Feb and March seemed ok overall.

They seem to be sending one high end item with each box, so it is an improvment.

As long as you do not mind getting tons of drugstore brands for a good price their box is ok.

I like a lot of drugstore brands, but am kind of picky, so Glossy is not good for me partly for that reason.

Anyone else think Glymm is going bankrupt?  They haven't posted on Facebook since March 20th and there's no evidence they've shipped the March boxes. 

I unsubscribed a long time ago but I'm PISSED because I have one box left on my quarterly Glymm Man subscription, which I send to someone as a gift, and it was due to be shipped on March 10th but still hasn't gone out. They then claimed to be shipping at the end of the month; well that's come and gone too.  To make matters worse I paid $75 for the subscription, and was recently re-billed for the upcoming year at $90 without being informed of the price increase.  I asked for a refund and they agreed, but tomorrow marks two weeks with no refund AND one outstanding box from my original order last year.  Not cool.  Fortunately I saved the email in which they said they would refund me.  Apparently because I have it in writing Mastercard will give me my money back after fifteen days (so I can file an official chargeback on the sixteenth day, which is this Wednesday), even if Glymm goes out of business

Lesson?  I might have lost 1/4 of my $75 payment for Glymm Man, but they won't get the last $90 (actually $100 with tax!) out of me because I got the refund guarantee in writing.

Originally Posted by lgandab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else think Glymm is going bankrupt?  They haven't posted on Facebook since March 20th and there's no evidence they've shipped the March boxes. 

I unsubscribed a long time ago but I'm PISSED because I have one box left on my quarterly Glymm Man subscription, which I send to someone as a gift, and it was due to be shipped on March 10th but still hasn't gone out. They then claimed to be shipping at the end of the month; well that's come and gone too.  To make matters worse I paid $75 for the subscription, and was recently re-billed for the upcoming year at $90 without being informed of the price increase.  I asked for a refund and they agreed, but tomorrow marks two weeks with no refund AND one outstanding box from my original order last year.  Not cool.  Fortunately I saved the email in which they said they would refund me.  Apparently because I have it in writing Mastercard will give me my money back after fifteen days (so I can file an official chargeback on the sixteenth day, which is this Wednesday), even if Glymm goes out of business

Lesson?  I might have lost 1/4 of my $75 payment for Glymm Man, but they won't get the last $90 (actually $100 with tax!) out of me because I got the refund guarantee in writing.

I'm so upset with Glymm, they used to be SO good.

I just emailed them requesting to cancel my account. 

Oddly my final straw with them wasn't even not receiving my March box, it was that instead of addressing anyones concerns regarding the March box, they just deleted their wall on facebook and still havent updated anyone. STILL. It's April 2nd!! No notice saying theyre late, or anything.

I've been charged for March and April, and I'm furious the company is treating their customers like this.

Originally Posted by Rubyriot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lgandab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so upset with Glymm, they used to be SO good.

I just emailed them requesting to cancel my account. 

Oddly my final straw with them wasn't even not receiving my March box, it was that instead of addressing anyones concerns regarding the March box, they just deleted their wall on facebook and still havent updated anyone. STILL. It's April 2nd!! No notice saying theyre late, or anything.

I've been charged for March and April, and I'm furious the company is treating their customers like this.

Geez this is a real shame. I am in the US but had always thought that Glymm and TopBox looked like great ones to try if I ever got the chance or it they ever came to US.  But that shipping and customer service (Glymm) is totally unacceptable. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Geez this is a real shame. I am in the US but had always thought that Glymm and TopBox looked like great ones to try if I ever got the chance or it they ever came to US.  But that shipping and customer service (Glymm) is totally unacceptable. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It is really unacceptable! I'm not even one who complains about the boxes contents! I like the samples they send out and have found some amazing brands! If you look at glymms Facebook they hadn't replied to anyone since the 20th. Then yesterday they deleted their wall for a couple hours and then put it back while (finally) responding to a couple people about marchs box saying "there will be a newsletter sent out shortly regarding the shipping" Well, great. Except, shortly obviously doesn't mean the same thing to them as it does to others as in no one has still not heard anything about march's box. Their customers wouldn't probably be as upset if they had acknowledged us, with shipping issues/item issues or whatever the issue was. We are three days into the next month! The fact that's its the next month and most people have already been charged for MAYS box and still have no acknowledgement is dreadful. A simple mass email to their customers would have sufficed. Three months already payed for? This is a legitimate concern. I've been with them for about a year and a half, and I feel completely betrayed by this company. Sorry for the rant. I'm just shocked a company would treat their customers like this. Sorry if this was terrible to read, I typed this on my phone.

Hi! I just found this forum. It's like my AA. I am addicted to sub boxes. Super disappointing that so many good ones aren't available to us Canadians! I subscribe to TopBox, Luxe Box, Julep and Beauty Box 5. I'm still waiting on my March BB5. It takes FOREVER to ship from Texas. I also ordered the April Natural Beauty Box but haven't received it yet (it's Canadian too!). There is a new Canadian beauty box on its way out soon called Candid Box but I don't know much about it other than what they have on Twitter. There are quite a few more Canadian based lifestyle & food boxes... not sure if this is the right forum to share them.

Glymm is screwing me around with 2 actual orders I placed.

I give them till Fri end of business day before I call my bank.

I bought their Valentines day bag promo and a few items were missing from that. Was told I would get then w my next bag, then "sorry will send in march".....

*I have this in writing too

If I do not hear back I will do a credit card chargeback for "items not received".

The second thing is my March Glymm bag.

I prepaid for the year- I know it says "no refunds" in their rules, but if you are not getting the service you paid for as a credit card holder you are entitled to your money back.
From past experience (glossybox canada), I know if you try and contact the merchant and can not get a hold of them and tell the CC co that you usually get your money back.

Third thing...I placed an order for some Vilainess soap items using my points and a gift card I bought.

Over a week ago, no shipping confirmation, no contact from Glymm.
Not too impressed.

Hi! I just found this forum. It's like my AA. I am addicted to sub boxes. Super disappointing that so many good ones aren't available to us Canadians! I subscribe to TopBox, Luxe Box, Julep and Beauty Box 5. I'm still waiting on my March BB5. It takes FOREVER to ship from Texas. I also ordered the April Natural Beauty Box but haven't received it yet (it's Canadian too!). There is a new Canadian beauty box on its way out soon called Candid Box but I don't know much about it other than what they have on Twitter. There are quite a few more Canadian based lifestyle & food boxes... not sure if this is the right forum to share them.
Please list the other subscriptions available to Canada! I need more! Thanks for the info about Candid box though, I'm going to look into them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also I'm still waiting on my bb5 march too, but I've never had an issue with that company, they're always so nice.

Glymm is screwing me around with 2 actual orders I placed. I give them till Fri end of business day before I call my bank. I bought their Valentines day bag promo and a few items were missing from that. Was told I would get then w my next bag, then "sorry will send in march"..... *I have this in writing too If I do not hear back I will do a credit card chargeback for "items not received". The second thing is my March Glymm bag. I prepaid for the year- I know it says "no refunds" in their rules, but if you are not getting the service you paid for as a credit card holder you are entitled to your money back. From past experience (glossybox canada), I know if you try and contact the merchant and can not get a hold of them and tell the CC co that you usually get your money back. Third thing...I placed an order for some Vilainess soap items using my points and a gift card I bought. Over a week ago, no shipping confirmation, no contact from Glymm. Not too impressed.
I'm so sorry :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I called my credit card company yesterday. I explained my issue and without even mentioning to them which company I was talking about, they knew it was Glymm. Call your bank before they declare bankruptcy.

What is up with Glymm and The Natural Beauty Box?! This is horrible. I have prepaid years with each and have received no word from wither about march boxes. Grrrrr!

BTW, my blog in my signature has a list of Canadian subs avaialbe if you want to check it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What is up with Glymm and The Natural Beauty Box?! This is horrible. I have prepaid years with each and have received no word from wither about march boxes. Grrrrr! BTW, my blog in my signature has a list of Canadian subs avaialbe if you want to check it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks! I'm on mobile so I didn't see your signature! I'll check it out.

Originally Posted by Rubyriot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Please list the other subscriptions available to Canada! I need more! Thanks for the info about Candid box though, I'm going to look into them
smile.gif

Also I'm still waiting on my bb5 march too, but I've never had an issue with that company, they're always so nice.
For Canadian based sites there is:

Panty by Post

Pink Beryl (leg wear)

Shiny Set (jewellery)

Foodie Pages Foodie Box

Missing Ingredient (food box)

Tea Sparrow

Baby Trunk (kids)

Little Eco Footprint (kids)

Luv My Box (adult content)

Vegan Cuts Snack Box

I have a whole list on my website of US boxes that ship to Canada and it lists what they charge for shipping.

Back