Canadian subscription boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a Glymm subscriber but I did order the April TNBB without looking into the company first. They seem to be in the same boat as Glymm. Hopefully I won't regret it. If the box isn't here by first week of May I will put in a dispute with Paypal to get my money back.

Glymm seems to be part of a group of companies run by two men- Paul Fournier and John Issa.  They operate mainly out of a building in Montreal at 4480 Cote De Liesse with a couple of suites in the building.  They use one company- Digital Domain- to register their websites.  The phone number for this company is (514) 334-3444.  I believe that someone should be able to reach John Issa at that phone number, one way or another.  According to LinkedIn, Paul Fournier is also responsible for e-Commerce at Mackage, the Canadian fashion company.  It may be possible to reach Paul Fournier through his new employer.  Paul Fournier has also incorporated a company called Paul Fournier Holdings Inc., clearly to limit his personal liability in situations such as the one arising now.  This corporation is based out of a residential townhouse at 5279 Rue J-B. Martineau in Montreal.  One can probably assume that is where he lives, or where he lived at the time of incorporation.  There are eight people named J. Issa listed on Canada411 who reside in Montreal- phone numbers available for all of them.  Hopefully Glymm will reach out to paying customers shortly so our "friends" in Montreal don't have to drop by their homes to see what's up!

(All of that information is available from LinkedIn, public areas of Facebook, the phone book, public records of registered corporations and Google Maps.  Please feel free to share this information or add to it!)

Originally Posted by jallu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For Canadian based sites there is:

Panty by Post

Pink Beryl (leg wear)

Shiny Set (jewellery)

Foodie Pages Foodie Box

Missing Ingredient (food box)

Tea Sparrow

Baby Trunk (kids)

Little Eco Footprint (kids)

Luv My Box (adult content)

Vegan Cuts Snack Box

I have a whole list on my website of US boxes that ship to Canada and it lists what they charge for shipping.
Thank you!

I like stuff. I'm so ashamed. I'm excited to check out the food boxes haha

..and I need something to replace awful Glymm. Even if they get their stuff together, they've kind of lost my trust right now.

I'm loving the drama on the Glymm Facebook page!  They've charged for March, April and May, shipped nothing, charged for a Glymm Man box that was not shipped in March, pre-billed Glymm Man subscribers for the upcoming year, and not sent any orders from the Glymm Shop that were paid for in February or March.  Though they were silent from March 20th until today, today they signed on and asked people not to post (publicly available) information about their employees on Facebook.  No explanation about payments, boxes or orders, just a warning not to name employees.  And their valediction?  "Wishing you a wonderful day."

Edit: FB link removed

Thought I'd bring some happy news to this thread instead of Glymm news.

TopBox is shipping this week. I'm excited, don't know which one I'll get! The Elizabeth Arden or Aveda Prive Box

I'm excited too! It's my first top box so I went with the regular box.

I'm super bummed about the Mother's Day special though. $80 for six sample vials of fragrance and a e-gift card for a full size?? Umm no thanks. Sephora has the same deal, with MORE samples for only $50.

And only a few hours later my box was delivered! Topbox has THE best and quickest shipping of any box subscription. So impressed.

I got KMS Freeshape, Elizabeth Arden mascara, 2 Cuccio Naturale Mike & Honey Butter samples and Michael Todd True Organics tropical fruit exfoliant scrub.

And only a few hours later my box was delivered! Topbox has THE best and quickest shipping of any box subscription. So impressed.

I got KMS Freeshape, Elizabeth Arden mascara, 2 Cuccio Naturale Mike & Honey Butter samples and Michael Todd True Organics tropical fruit exfoliant scrub.
Awesome! Mine is waiting at home too!

I saw that Sephora deal on the US site but not the Canadian one.  The US one specifically said it couldn't be sold or redeemed in Canada.  Is there a Canadian version?

There isn't one available online for purchase because they aren't allowed to ship perfume but maybe in store. I haven't been to check. Shoppers has a similar deal quite often as well.

And Glymm has officially gone out of business.  Apparently they sent an email to subscribers, but I certainly did not receive it.  All of their staff have updated their LinkedIn profiles to show they no longer work there.  Their PR Director changed her Twitter handle.  All Facebook and Twitter accounts have been closed.  But the worst part is...

NO MONEY WAS RETURNED TO CUSTOMERS

What kind of DISGUSTING people still owe customers products from a previous year then auto-bill them for the upcoming year when they know full well they're going out of business within days?  Thieves, that's who.  Best of luck to everyone disputing charges with their credit card companies.  If you didn't get the email there are copies posted online to help you with the dispute.

That is pretty disgusting.
I know where the owner works, called his workplace on Friday afternoon and the receptionist or someone said he was on vacation (she did not know I was calling about Glymm I just said "Hi, could I speak to Paul Fournier in E-commerce", then I asked to know what his extension was and to be put through to his voicemail.

I did not leave a message.

The info I have is:

Works at Mackage head office (it is a clothing brand).

Co-founder of Glymm: Paul Fournier

E-commerce director at Mackage

Mackage phone number: 1-866-973-5287  or (514)388-5287 extension #124

hopefully this is helpful!

Originally Posted by Rubyriot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you!

I like stuff. I'm so ashamed. I'm excited to check out the food boxes haha

..and I need something to replace awful Glymm. Even if they get their stuff together, they've kind of lost my trust right now.
Not a "food box" but Chocodirect.com sells a lot of exotic European foods I have not seen at other places.

Their website is "down" right now and it says they are updating it (their website is hard to use and annoying).

But service is great and they always send you some "extras" with every order. (usually items that are almost at the "best before date"....but quite a few, they are generous :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Shipping is only $5 for anything, but Canada only.

It says right now you can email them with your order, but that means you have to already know what you want to buy.

-maybe it is good their site is down, it means I will spend less.

Actually I already know what I would like to rebuy.

*Barnier caramels, they are from France and they have 20 kinds- the apple caramels are great (if you like caramels that is).

*Also "Langue de Chat " cookies, not sure the brand but it is a crunchy thin vanilla cookie and I can eat a whole box very easily.

-they also sell soups and pasta and stuff like that too.

I bought some soup in a glass jar, it is from France also, but have not opened it yet.

I'm excited too! It's my first top box so I went with the regular box.

I'm super bummed about the Mother's Day special though. $80 for six sample vials of fragrance and a e-gift card for a full size?? Umm no thanks. Sephora has the same deal, with MORE samples for only $50.
If you can get to the US to go to Sephora and then buy and redeem it there.

Shoppers has had those perfume samplers for a few years now.

There is a version that is $75 with ten mini sample tubes or for $95 you get 6 or 8 deluxe mini bottles.

-their deal used to be better before, they used to have bonus points when you got a second perfume as a coupon in the booklet (it used to be, buy any perfume and get bonus 20,000 points).

I used to go on the 20x points day and buy a sampler- get my points and then when you redeemed your coupon you got points for that perfume again (and i used to redeem on the same bonus points day).

But Shoppers also always has a shelf in store with random perfumes for $20-30 and you can find nice ones there.

I got Pink Sugar for $20, Sephora it is $50+ (saw pink sugar at a few stores this week also).

Yves St Laurent: In Love Again (still have most of the bottle, that is discontinued now....bought 1 or 2 yrs ago...).

*I just realized you can buy perfume by mail and I've done that before, it just has to ship ground- I've bought from well.ca and Essential Day Spa's website and also a few US sites.

Nail polish is hard to ship outside Canada.

My last order from Beautybay.com went missing and they claimed they can not sell nail polish outside UK, when et my first order did get here ok...

-I have also bought nail polish from Mavala UK and received that w no issues from the UK/Britain.

If you can get to the US to go to Sephora and then buy and redeem it there. Shoppers has had those perfume samplers for a few years now. There is a version that is $75 with ten mini sample tubes or for $95 you get 6 or 8 deluxe mini bottles. -their deal used to be better before, they used to have bonus points when you got a second perfume as a coupon in the booklet (it used to be, buy any perfume and get bonus 20,000 points). I used to go on the 20x points day and buy a sampler- get my points and then when you redeemed your coupon you got points for that perfume again (and i used to redeem on the same bonus points day). But Shoppers also always has a shelf in store with random perfumes for $20-30 and you can find nice ones there. I got Pink Sugar for $20, Sephora it is $50+ (saw pink sugar at a few stores this week also). Yves St Laurent: In Love Again (still have most of the bottle, that is discontinued now....bought 1 or 2 yrs ago...). *I just realized you can buy perfume by mail and I've done that before, it just has to ship ground- I've bought from well.ca and Essential Day Spa's website and also a few US sites. Nail polish is hard to ship outside Canada. My last order from Beautybay.com went missing and they claimed they can not sell nail polish outside UK, when et my first order did get here ok... -I have also bought nail polish from Mavala UK and received that w no issues from the UK/Britain.
I always forget about the random perfume shelf in shoppers! I need to actually take a look at it one day. And just a comment about the nail polish thing, I know Royal Mail in the UK just recently changed their shipping procedures and now will no longer ship nail polish outside of the UK. I used to order from a-England all the time and now no longer can :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My new "goto" for buying polish in Canada is at nailpolishcanada The website needs updating but I always get my orders!

It looks like Glossybox Canada might be going out of business?  There's nothing but silence on Facebook...  I can't believe another one is going down already!

No word on if the may glossy boxes will ship. Facebook page is not too encouraging.

Back