CD

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be very cool HarleyQuinn
smile.gif

I'm very happy for you two!

It really is good to know that so many folk are accepting of some differences in people from the "standard" norm.  Katana knows that love is important and it means understanding.

~Samm

Very nice pics!

I wanted to ask a couple of question Katana:

When did you learn about your husbands' desire to CD?

Has Stephanie Marie evolved over time or has she always had the same sense of style and fashion?

I find it interesting that StephanieMarie started out wearing "an almost trashy look". So did my partner.

Apparently that is not uncommon.

I asked my partner why that is - she said that it could be that that is what CDs find most appealing in a woman or that is an easy look to duplicate.

I definately like the dark hair - I think she's look great with a dark rich red or a platinum blond. Stick to the ash tones though.

I've recommended longer hair styles for my partner as I think they are more flattering than short styles.

Have you gone to any sites that let you submit her face and then try on different hair styles/colours.

My partner likes Taaz - http://www.taaz.com/. She has gotten some nice ideas there.

I have to admit I was a bit guilty of going for a bit of a slutty look when i first started.  I don't know why because I wasn't really attracted to women who looked like that I guess it was just that it looked a lot more feminine maybe in an exaggerated sense.   I have never a big fan of slacks on women although i do get the comfort bit.  Skirts and dresses are just so much more attractive.

I got a chuckle out of your makeup comment Katana.  The drag queen style is just so gaudy!   Not really attractive at all.   I think this evolved because it is tough for most guys  to pull off a feminine look with their facial features:  stronger chin & nose and a more pronounced eyebrow area, the mouth is generally smaller than for a woman and lord help you if you have a pronounced  adam's apple!  I think the drag makeup idea is to be so over the top that you see that first and not all the other differences I mentioned.    A real natural minimal look doesn't always cut it when you are going for that illusion of being a woman.   It's not easy.

Then again  a lot of women put in no effort at all  (present company on MuT obviously excepted)  and so maybe a CD has a chance in this world........

Katana i think your BF would look great in a slightly longer wig with some strong bangs.   You can get some real bargains on eBay these days if you don't mind waiting for 3 weeks for your purchase to come in.   and yes I have gone to some local wig shops and I haven't really had great experiences so i prefer to pick out a nice style for maybe a third of the cost of what a wig shop would offer.

My latest purchase:

I wish my husband enjoyed cross dressing, that would give us more to enjoy together. He definitely isn't though, and that's okay too, I love him either way. I am glad to see that there are so many people who are able to find SO that appreciate their lifestyle choices. Congratulations to all of you! There are many, many times I've wished that I was a man. Don't get me wrong, I love being feminine and sexy but sometimes I think it would have been nice to be a man and spoil a beautiful lady. I am bi, and I never have the guts to talk to women. However, the few times I have flirted with a lady I always kinda adopt my "if I was a guy" approach. I like to spoil the girls, I even find myself doing it to my friends that I'm not "trying to get with", I like to compliment them get them little gifts and I am sure I enjoy our little nights out dancing more than they do, lol.

thanks for the sentiment CallmeMrsAL  .    I seriously doubt your spouse takes up crossdressing :)    I think more importantly you need to find activities the two of you can do together whether it is watching or participating in sports, or hobbies or anything like that even sharing a favorite TV show you both like. 

Wow, he is lucky to have you! I know too many people who would be freaked out by that.  Though I'm not into any alternative lifestyle, I would love to meet a guy that can accept me for how I am and vice versa... Like the relationship you and your husband have.

This is wonderful to hear!

Ya never know Darla, CallmeMrsAL could bring out that side of him.... a bit of wine, relaxing time at home, give him a massage....then a pedicure .......Bang!

He loves it! Ha, although in reality that isn't how it always happens theres always potential for more.

An important part of excepeting one another is being open with one another.

One partner may enjoy something that the other doesn't, but that doesn't mean anyone needs to go unsatisfied.

As long as you are both upfront and honest about what it is your into or just curious about, and you are in love with one another, then there is no reason for shame or embarassment. Your partner will love you either way.

If you and your partner are in love with one another,  then you must be willing to jump in all the way, at least once.

Before you know it, you BOTH will enjoy different activites together because you are satisfying each other, and that is what you are enjoying above anything. Their happiness is your happiness type thing.

Just think about how much better it is to be able to really do what you want too, instead of just fantasizing or being curious about it.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and positive comments on this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am very Happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This has made both my partner and I feel more comfortable.

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> XO

when i was little my dad used to let me put makeup on him, then my mom and sister would laugh....he would also pretend to eat dog treats that i'd give to him..slight of hand...haha, my dad is a great sport.

my husband also lets me put makeup on him and lets me groom his brows (guy style).  He won't go out in public with makeup on though.  He takes some fierce pictures when he has a full face on!

pumpkincat210 that would be so cool to see some photos of your man, all made up! Think you could post a photo or two??

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

pumpkincat210 that would be so cool to see some photos of your man, all made up! Think you could post a photo or two??

When i took the first set i asked him if i could put one on my facebook and he told me no.  so i gotta respect his wishes.

Originally Posted by pumpkincat210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When i took the first set i asked him if i could put one on my facebook and he told me no.  so i gotta respect his wishes.

It's nice to see the acceptance for your SO Katana!  

I'm not the same as your SO, my being transsexual, but coming out to someone has that same vulnerability and longing for acceptance whether gay, straight, ts, cd, tv, etc; so I feel like I can relate a little.  I have to say that it's really nice to see a posting of a positive outcome to coming out!

Back