CEW Insider's Choice Box 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they up on the BB website?  Or are you just recommending when they come out to get both???

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Get them both!!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are they up on the BB website?  Or are you just recommending when they come out to get both???
Oh they are not there yet, just my recommended course of action.
rolleyes.gif

This is a complete tangent... I'm putting together beauty care packages to send to Afghanistan.  Boyfriend's buddy (mine now too) is over there, he's heading up a team that analyzes IEDs (improvised explosive devices) so others can safely disarm them.  They are buried all over the place... where civilian kids play.  I've request to put together 6 kits for the gals in and around camp.    Pampering beauty products are hard to get in Afghanistan.  

Do you think that lip balms will melt and just ooze out of the tubes?  I've been stock piling those but then realized that with the heat they might just all arrive a as a gob, anyone know if lip balms can survive a journey out there?  

I've got 3 or 4 lip gloss from the subs that I haven't used yet so I can send those out instead along with half a dozen deluxe mascaras and a bunch of foils.  Actually I think the lip gloss would be much more fun!  

Whew!  I was worried I had missed em!  I have been wanting to try the Klorane makeup remover but saw it is marked as an Allure favorite on the BB site so I am holding off on ordering it, even though it is free shipping.  I am waiting for a coupon code and to get my points to 100.  Only 25 sad little points to go!

Hmm I think they would be ok.  Maybe a little squishy but the tube and some of the ingredients seems like it would keep em together.  I am not an expert, nor have I ever done this before so take it with a grain of salt!  Btw awesome idea! I have been thinking of putting together a little care box to send to Oklahoma that was affected by the tornado.  Emilynoel83 of youtube had a post on her blog about where to send unused beauty goodies.  They said as long as it is unused they will take it!  She made some good points about it on her blog and I was inspired to contribute since I have a ton of samples!

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rolleyes.gif

This is a complete tangent... I'm putting together beauty care packages to send to Afghanistan.  Boyfriend's buddy (mine now too) is over there, he's heading up a team that analyzes IEDs (improvised explosive devices) so others can safely disarm them.  They are buried all over the place... where civilian kids play.  I've request to put together 6 kits for the gals in and around camp.  

Do you think that lip balms will melt and just ooze out of the tubes?  I've been stock piling those but then realized that with the heat they might just all arrive a as a gob, anyone know if lip balms can survive a journey out there?  Got half a dozen mascaras going there too and a bunch of foils.  

If anyone wants in on this, hit me with a PM and I'd be happy to give you the address there and some specific instructions as well.   

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whew!  I was worried I had missed em!  I have been wanting to try the Klorane makeup remover but saw it is marked as an Allure favorite on the BB site so I am holding off on ordering it, even though it is free shipping.  I am waiting for a coupon code and to get my points to 100.  Only 25 sad little points to go!

Hmm I think they would be ok.  Maybe a little squishy but the tube and some of the ingredients seems like it would keep em together.  I am not an expert, nor have I ever done this before so take it with a grain of salt!  Btw awesome idea! I have been thinking of putting together a little care box to send to Oklahoma that was affected by the tornado.  Emilynoel83 of youtube had a post on her blog about where to send unused beauty goodies.  They said as long as it is unused they will take it!  She made some good points about it on her blog and I was inspired to contribute since I have a ton of samples!
Thanks for your input, it makes sense.  I mean folks leave there lip balms in the car during the summer all the time so I think the manufacturers probably take this into consideration.

I think it's a great idea to put together care packages for Oklahoma!  There are some orphans from my trade list that are just too 'yesterday' for the cutting edge beauty denizens of this MUT... but will be loved by others, yes I am talking about the black eye-liners and red lip products.  The folks there will appreciate a sliver of luxury while trying to put things back together again.

rolleyes.gif
This is a complete tangent... I'm putting together beauty care packages to send to Afghanistan.  Boyfriend's buddy (mine now too) is over there, he's heading up a team that analyzes IEDs (improvised explosive devices) so others can safely disarm them.  They are buried all over the place... where civilian kids play.  I've request to put together 6 kits for the gals in and around camp.    Pampering beauty products are hard to get in Afghanistan.   Do you think that lip balms will melt and just ooze out of the tubes?  I've been stock piling those but then realized that with the heat they might just all arrive a as a gob, anyone know if lip balms can survive a journey out there?   I've got 3 or 4 lip gloss from the subs that I haven't used yet so I can send those out instead along with half a dozen deluxe mascaras and a bunch of foils.  Actually I think the lip gloss would be much more fun!  
Personal experience, yes, lip balms will melt. Especially during this time of year. I had a Lush Lip Service sent to me once and that melted. As did the the carmex lip balm stick... It was awful... If you do send it, tape the lids and put the balms in a ziplock bag.

Originally Posted by Dalisay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personal experience, yes, lip balms will melt. Especially during this time of year. I had a Lush Lip Service sent to me once and that melted. As did the the carmex lip balm stick... It was awful... If you do send it, tape the lids and put the balms in a ziplock bag.
Thank you Dalisay!

Is this like the allure box in a sense that you get almost six time the value of the box? Or is it on a smaller scale?

Is this like the allure box in a sense that you get almost six time the value of the box? Or is it on a smaller scale?
I got the one last year and while technically it was not quite as large a scale as the Allure box it was still really nice. I enjoyed most of the products and beautybar.com even did a buy one get one free (though I doubt birchbox would do a promotion like that). I am curious to see how it plays out this year with there being 2 different boxes.

Originally Posted by Dalisay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey ya'll, I've been spinning my wheels on what lip product to send to Afghanistan for the gals there and then I saw this!!  What do you think?  They are on sale too!  Lipstick doesn't even stand a chance of making it there and lip balms probably won't either.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

With the lip balms I've been reading the manufacturer's messaging and they all say things like, made with XYZ that will melt to human body temperature and Afghanistan regularly gets over 120.  But I think with this gloss it's sealed in 6 little compartments and there isn't a whole lot of air or product to expand in ratio to the plastic.  

Sorry to side-track but MUT ladies are the smartest!!  If you see any possible issues please let me know.  Boyfriend's already sent 3 large boxes of nuts, dry snacks, Gold Bond powder and and 8 ball... he's good for all kinds of advise but knows nothing of sending beauty products to the conflict areas.

Thanks!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I saw these in line at the checkout counter last week in sephora, very cute, but didn't look at it for the purpose of withstanding 120 degrees. Sorry not more helpful but they are cute. Maybe if you call your local store they could give their opinion. Everyone is always so nice in stores I have been to.

FormosaHoney, Have you tried EOS lip balm? Those survive the heat of the car at least...

Originally Posted by numbersmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw these in line at the checkout counter last week in sephora, very cute, but didn't look at it for the purpose of withstanding 120 degrees. Sorry not more helpful but they are cute. Maybe if you call your local store they could give their opinion. Everyone is always so nice in stores I have been to.
Thanks NM!  I will ask my local Sephora!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by Tatia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FormosaHoney,

Have you tried EOS lip balm? Those survive the heat of the car at least...
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

That is a really good idea, I'm going to chuck the bag o lip balm in my black VW Beetle in the NY 90 heat, it's bound to get pretty close to 120 in an enclosed black car at 1:30 PM!!  Yes, I'll check out the EOS too!

ZoomButt.gif

I am beyond excited to see what these boxes will look like! These are coming out next month?

Subbing--- totally going to spend my money on these boxes (MAYBE both) this looks like so much fun!

Back