Cheap makeup??? a turn off??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well,i have tried many and many brands of found.from cheap to very expensive.what i found out is that those expensive ones dissapear much faster than those cheaper ones.also..i am always looking something with yellow pigment in it and in expensive ones i can hardly find found. with real yellow pigment in it.i did though..found some but on my face it didn't look right shade.

so,i am very faithfull to two cheaper brands for a long time now.one is revlon-colorstay in toast and the other one is newer one from l'oreal-hip collection-in coffee.i mix then together to get perfect shade and i can compare any shade to my own mix to those two.

now,as far as wet and wild,cover girl and etc etc...i have never liked...so...

I like a mix of brands. I really like Sugar Baby foundation ( it's on the higher end of things ) because it offers a light feel while still giving me a little coverage. Mascara , on the other hand , the cheaper and chunkier the better !

All I use is drugstore brands

eyeshadows, eyeliners, blushes, cover alls

it's all stuff you can get at walmarts and other such stores

nothing like sephora, MAC, smashbox

and so far I have no complaints

I don't use the cheapest drugstore brands, such as Wet n Wild and NYC. I am concerned about quality as a lot of items from these two brands are made in China.

I love cover girl and I have sensitive skin and it has never broken me out

There are some drugstore products that I love..such as Jane e/s & lippies..Milani, L'Oreal lippies/mascaras & Revlon lippies...but I haven't found a foundation that I really loved in drugstore products...

ditto.. im a little skeptical about china stuff though..... no offence to those in china but... well..... i`ve read a lot of news about china products that are enough to let me stay out of those stuff...

btw.. i didnt know wet and wild and nyc is china made:policeman:

I've never really used any high end makeup and my face is still attached to me, so I think you'll be okay.

lol...hahas :moa:

mineral foundation? i`ve never tried it before.. what brands do you recommand?

I'm trying to find the right foundation right now, I'm currently using Loreal's True Match foundation, which is actually pretty good IMO, No break-outs or anything, it blends well. I've tried CoverGirl Clean foundation, but didn't really like it. It never really looked right on me.

I'm still looking but for the right one, but I just don't have the money to spend on higher end ones right now....

I don't like foundation that is too thick so I tried Rimmel's Recover, and I love it. I'm not a fan of other Rimmel products but I do like the Recover foundation. For moisturizer Ive been using Clean and Clear Morning Burst for a couple of years now and I love it, it works great for my skin, luckily I have normal skin so my face doesn't need a lot.

I use lower end e/s and blush, but not foundation. I'm just paranoid like that. Although I am considering trying Milani's mmu.

LOL... I've used Covergirl in the past, about 2 years ago, and switched to MMU since then. I've never really breaken out, I just like the idea of healthier make up for my skin. In reality, MMU is really so much cheaper in the long run.

i dunno, i guess im a makeup snob. I have some drugstore lip products, eyeshadows and mascaras but i dont think i will ever try a drugstore foundaiton or concealer. When i used to, i had bad acne so i kind of associate break outs with drugstore foundation. Same with MAC foundations!!

I use Mirabella, but it is really hard to find. It just happens to be at my local salon. There are a lot of people here that love other brands though like EDM minerals. You can try out samples and all you have to pay is the shipping at Everydayminerals.com ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't like the feeling or look of some cheaper MU brand. That's my only grip about it. But that's some, not all....

I remember this lady I work with saying she only wears stuff from MAC cuz it won't make her face breakout. Lately, I've seen her with loads of break out on the face. To put off something only because it's cheaper in price is lame IMO.

Unless you didn't like the quality of it at all... that's fine.

well... i guess that it's because people associate more expensive stuff with quality.... i mean... sure, i dont mind drugstore stuff but i sure won't expect great quality stuff with low cost items... wont the company lose out??? lmao

The only drugstore ones that i would use are Dream Matte Mouse and L'Oreal Cashmere.

I find drug store brands to have a lot of pink tones and looks unnatural in day light

ditto... and i love the dream matt mousse.. never tried the cashmere though:rotfl:

Back