Cheap makeup??? a turn off??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I mix two shades too! The problem is that all the other brands I've tried didn't make a shade light enough for me, so I couldn't even mix shades to find the right one! But Aromaleigh makes a super-pale Goth-like shade (called Alabaster) that is actually TOO pale for me, so I mix it with one of their lightest "normal" shades to get the perfect color for me! That is enough to make me happy! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know if you count some mineral makeup as cheap makeup, but they are the only foundations I trust on my face.

I don't know why, but sometimes I feel that a brand must be bad if it isn't very expensive. I suppose you pay as much for the feeling of luxury as you do for the quality, sometimes.

I dont use a lot of drugstore makeup. I use Maybellines Great Lash mascara, Nivea or L'oreal nail polish and lipbalms. I just dont find things I like as much. Foundations are out because I cant find shades pale enough.

i tend to use my true match more over mac's studio fix. it actually feels cleaner. mac is a bit heavy compared to the true match

I use Mary Kay for my liquid foundation but avoid the drugstore brands at all costs. I guess it's because the ones I have experienced have either a very watery texture OR a less than pleasant smell.

I might try Revlon or Loreal, though, depending on when I run out of MK (which will hopefully be never!)

It sounds silly but i completely understand. I am the same way! I have a covergirl queen collection in soft copper and for some reason i am too chicken to wear it. i am acne prone and i do not want to clog any pores. The color matches me to a tee though. Recently i brought some custom blend Prescriptives liquid foundation for $72 , and it looks JUST like the covergirl queen foundation i spent $6 on.

Revlon Colorstay is my HG foundation

perfect color match

great coverage and DOES NOT break me out

I've got scars on my face from breakouts from MAC products and i've given up on using anything from them but e/s and lippies

as for removing the Revlon CS i use Ponds cold cream or Origins Mint Wash...works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nopes.. i dont find mineral makeup as cheap because.. well i dont wear them lols... we dont have mineral makeup at my country though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ok! that`s it.. ive heard enough raves about the revlon coloutstay! im getting it!!!!!!!!!!!! when i get my allowance :moa:

I think you should not buy 99cents makeup. That's as cheap as it gets. We can all I think afford something that atleast not only is over .99 cents, but why risk messing up your face with cheap makeup and then pay hundreds in fixing it back. Revlon and Loreal are okay.

I really don't care either whether its high end or drugstoe brand. As long as it works and worth what I paid for it, be it $2 or $70...

But I can't deny that foundation, blush and eyeshadows USUALLY look so much better if you pay a bit more for them...

I try both the high end and drugstore brands of foundation. I'm always looking for the best thing. I have a super hard time finding the right shade for my skintone. If I have the cash I prefer Prescriptives but when the budget is tight I stick to BE and CG trublend. None of them have caused me to break out.

Back