Circular Swap Questions and Discussion - Round 2

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will gladly partake in 2 boxes if I get that handsome box up there ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I will gladly partake in 2 boxes even if I don't get that handsome box up there.  : )

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can arrange things, since I'm organizing by geography, you both fall in the "west" box. 
I think you should send zadi's to me then. JK....kinda

LOL You never know since I'm only 3 1/2 hours from you. LOL

Hi, 

I am a new user and I don't qualify ... I've been checking the site for sign-ups everyday since I joined this site. It's a bummer that the lady from box 1 doesn't have any shame... She's kind of ruined it for me. I hope with the rules this will not happen again.

I really hope to be a part of the next circular swap. Have fun ladies!!

Originally Posted by breez00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi, 

I am a new user and I don't qualify ... I've been checking the site for sign-ups everyday since I joined this site. It's a bummer that the lady from box 1 doesn't have any shame... She's kind of ruined it for me. I hope with the rules this will not happen again.

I really hope to be a part of the next circular swap. Have fun ladies!!
What happened with box #1? 

Box 1 is in limbo. The lady who has the box didn't send it out at a reasonable time to the next person. That lady is now on vacation and from my understanding her first excuse is she didn't have time.

We all have to remember, those who participate do so at our own risk. I WILL have to make it clear to those who will be in the same group with me for this next round is that I can't get to the post office - it's actually in the next town next to me while the one in my town is 20 minutes away - BUT I do print my own labels from home and use the UPS Store (a 1/2 mile away from me) and mail from there instead. All MY shipping will have a tracking # and insurance.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box 1 is in limbo. The lady who has the box didn't send it out at a reasonable time to the next person. That lady is now on vacation and from my understanding her first excuse is she didn't have time.
:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> boo. party poopers suck.

ugh! That west coast box is going to be bananas good and I will see none of it! 
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We all have to remember, those who participate do so at our own risk. I WILL have to make it clear to those who will be in the same group with me for this next round is that I can't get to the post office - it's actually in the next town next to me while the one in my town is 20 minutes away - BUT I do print my own labels from home and use the UPS Store (a 1/2 mile away from me) and mail from there instead. All MY shipping will have a tracking # and insurance.

Yeah, at this point, "didn't send it out at a reasonable time" is unfortunately an understatement. She has had the box since May 10th, and was contacted on May 28th but did not reply to the email. She was then contacted June 1 by g-chat which she did respond to and promised to send it out by this Monday at the latest. I've not heard anything from her since, but she has logged into this site, and updated the two things in her signature on MuT since then, her blog and twitter. If she had communicated she would be late, it would be much different, but between the lack of communication and now it being an entire month...I really don't think this box is coming to me. 

Guys not on the west coast, don't worry. Last round all the boxes ended up with some great stuff.

I can't set anything up so anyone gets anything, all I know is last round everyone was able to find some stuff they were excited to have. 

Please please PLEASE don't whine about not getting something because someone posted a picture of what they'll be adding because 1)i'm doing this by myself and it takes a lot of my time (believe it or not, I do work full time and have a life!), and 2)it's just as annoying as people whining about birchbox. THANKS. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, at this point, "didn't send it out at a reasonable time" is unfortunately an understatement. She has had the box since May 10th, and was contacted on May 28th but did not reply to the email. She was then contacted June 1 by g-chat which she did respond to and promised to send it out by this Monday at the latest. I've not heard anything from her since, but she has logged into this site, and updated the two things in her signature on MuT since then, her blog and twitter. If she had communicated she would be late, it would be much different, but between the lack of communication and now it being an entire month...I really don't think this box is coming to me. 

It's super irritating, because it was SO CLOSE to the end. Like, really? 

I'm confused??? I thought there was one box going around. I didn't know it was by location I live in Florida so I am only going to be sharing my samples with 4 people. Isn't shipping the same no matter where you ship to? I guess I never noticed before. Is that going to be fair for people on certain coast not to have as much sample variety in the box they end up with?

Well there will be two west boxes so I can't make any promises to anyone. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Last round was east coast heavy, this one is west coast heavy. It's strange!! 

That said, anyone in the "south" (carolinas, georgia, florida, louisiana, etc) who is interested, be sure to submit your info!! That box only has 3 people and if more don't submit I'll have to merge it with another which will ruin my plan, lol. 

Originally Posted by luckylilme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm confused??? I thought there was one box going around. I didn't know it was by location I live in Florida so I am only going to be sharing my samples with 4 people. Isn't shipping the same no matter where you ship to? I guess I never noticed before. Is that going to be fair for people on certain coast not to have as much sample variety in the box they end up with?
If we did one box, it would take a year to get all the way around. Last round, we had 7-8 people per box. Yes, the shipping (if you use priority) is the same but it is faster to keep it geographically close. If you don't think it's fair, perhaps circular swapping is not for you. Things will be added to and removed from all the boxes as they go around. Its the way a circular swap works. 

If this isn't something you are interested in and perfect fairness in trades is what you want, I suggest you do swaps with individuals rather than participating in this box. The circular swap started as a way for us to get rid of samples that were generally not worth trading, things like foil packets.  If someone chooses to put full size things in the box, then that is their choice, but there is never a guarantee on what will be in the box when it arrives to you. 

That said, last round no one complained that they didn't like the box they received, and there were 3 boxes going around. 

If we did one box, it would take a year to get all the way around. Last round, we had 7-8 people per box. Yes, the shipping is the same but it is faster to keep it geographically close. If you don't think it's fair, perhaps circular swapping is not for you. Things will be added to and removed from all the boxes as they go around. Its the way a circular swap works. 

If this isn't something you are interested in and perfect fairness in trades is what you want, I suggest you do swaps with individuals rather than participating in this box. The circular swap started as a way for us to get rid of samples that were generally not worth trading, things like foil packets.  If someone chooses to put full size things in the box, then that is their choice, but there is never a guarantee on what will be in the box when it arrives to you. 
There is no need to be passive aggressive anytime anyone asks a question. I asked a question I DID NOT ask for the attitude. I will be the one to determine if something is for me or not unless you want to kick me out for asking a question. I did not say a thing about foil packets etc. I don't care at all about having being certain to get a specific item. If there was something specific I wanted I would go to the store and buy it or order it online. THANKS for the answer
claps.gif

I"m sorry you felt I was giving you "attitude", but it wasn't intended that way. This swap takes a lot of my personal time, and it is really frustrating to hear people complain about something they are opting to do, that is totally free with the exception of shipping costs. As you can tell by the post I made higher up this thread, you are not the first one to say something, so it is not directed towards only you. 

Additionally, I've not received an email from you, just saw that you commented in the sign up thread. Make sure to send your email by tomorrow. 

I"m sorry you felt I was giving you "attitude", but it wasn't intended that way. This swap takes a lot of my personal time, and it is really frustrating to hear people complain about something they are opting to do, that is totally free with the exception of shipping costs. As you can tell by the post I made higher up this thread, you are not the first one to say something, so it is not directed towards you. 
No worries. I can understand the frustration and I to may be a little quick to come off rude about things that I'm not being paid to do lol! I apologize it's just that I HATE passive aggressive people and that makes my blood boil after having the unfortunate fortune of working with one for several years. They will smile at you and go deflate all of your tires. Let's hug it out Jenna. Come on give me a big internet hug lol!

Originally Posted by luckylilme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No worries. I can understand the frustration and I to may be a little quick to come off rude about things that I'm not being paid to do lol! I apologize it's just that I HATE passive aggressive people and that makes my blood boil after having the unfortunate fortune of working with one for several years. They will smile at you and go deflate all of your tires. Let's hug it out Jenna. Come on give me a big internet hug lol!
rolleyes.gif
  I think a lot of people just mistake my tone...obviously you can't read tone over the internet, but I say the exact same things in real life and no one ever thinks I'm giving them attitude. I'm just a straightforward type of person. NBD. NOW SEND YOUR EMAIL, lol. 

Already sent days ago. I was just snooping around here because I am floored by the one person that just kept the entire box and wanted to see what people are saying about it. #nosy You are so right about trying to read a tone. I'm pretty straight forward myself. I have learned to filter my mouth as I have gotten older and that I can't always say what I'm thinking. Oh well, I try *shoulder shrug*

Back