Clarisonic ~ Worth It?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was using the original brush initially which I believe is the one meant for sensitive skin but I switched to the one meant for acne. It's even more gentle and didn't dry my skin out like the original one did.

LOL! I would have tried too if it wasn't my post ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Try craigslist or ebay.  I saw a used one go for $75 with shipping.  It's $145+tax here to get it a Sephora in Canada.

Originally Posted by dixiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can't blame a girl for trying can ya?? 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love my Clarisonic too. I can really tell it cleans and gets rid of my makeup. My skin looks healthier too. I'm sorry I haven't used other brushes. Don't expect miracles but you won't be dissapointed  by it either (sorry it's expensive :-(  )

After complaining that my sensitive brush wasn't enough (I got numb lol) I got the one for acne. I rather use the sensitive brush everyday and switch to the acne brush once a week.

I never thought I had sensitive skin but I think I do!

I really love mine. I can get away without wearing anything on my face (still do my eyes) a lot of days, because my skin is just clean and nice! I didn't bring it with me on my trip to Alaska, and I definitely felt/saw the different after not using it for two weeks.

Alright ladies I think you talked me into it.  I am going to have to on on ebay or Craigslist for it though and search there.  Thank you for all the advice and opinions.  I don't have a lot of acne or anything, I just want the ahhhh feeling for my face and if it makes my face feel cleaner, it will be worth it.
I don't have a lot of acne either, but I like what it does for my complexion.

Exactly I just want my face to feel fresh, soft and tone if that makes sense,
and that's totally what it does for me! But if I put it on the tip of my nose, it makes me sneeze!

Ok it is offical I found the fuschia one on Craigslist new in the box and bought it!  I am really excited about it and thank you ladies for the comments.
Yay! enjoy!!

My Clarisonic Mia has just died after 18 months.  Warranty was for 12 months. For the cost, I expected to use it for a lot longer.  Another one of those products designed to fail, I suppose.

I am waiting for mine to die but they are very durable. It has fallen from the top of the shower door to the tile floor or bathtub various times over the past two years

I used a Buf Puf before getting the Clarisonic and think the Buf Puf did just as good of a job.  I've been using the Clarisonic for two years now, but sometimes will end up using a Buf Puf again when I really need a replacement head and put off buying it.  The only benefit to the Clarisonic, IMO, is that it is quicker. 

Used mine for a while, loved the way it made my skin feel. Then I noticed that it made my pores and oil glands appear larger, and it made me break out in a lot of cystic acne. So I had to stop using it.

I like mine well enough I think I was hoping for more for some thing $150   it seems to give me cystic acne on my chin  but i'm not sure if it is the sole cause of it... idk...

Quote: Originally Posted by Fi303 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My Clarisonic Mia has just died after 18 months.  Warranty was for 12 months. For the cost, I expected to use it for a lot longer.  Another one of those products designed to fail, I suppose.
I had the same problem...or so I thought.  I bought a brand new Mia and it turned out it was just a faulty power cord and my old one was perfectly fine.

Oh well - my boyfriend was stoked to get his own Clarisonic

Clarisonic is worth it in general. Sonic cleansing is 2x as effective at cleansing the face as using hands alone. If you were makeup, it's a whopping 6X more effective for removing makeup.

However, a huge change is coming in the industry as the YouTube famous Michael Todd True Organics has just released the 1st antimicrobial sonic brush. I got mine a few weeks ago and I have to say that it is amazing. 

Red Book is already calling it the most innovative skincare product of 2014. Must see this video about it 

my clarisonic plus broke in 2 months yes they have a 2 yr warranty and are sending a replacement but ive been without it for over 2 weeks

and i do miss it!!!

after it broke it seemed as though i started getting more blemishes

i dont really use the body as much though so i dont think getting the plus is necesscary it takes too long to clean my body with it

id proabably like it better if i had a bathtub but i only have a shower so by the time im done using it on my entire body ive spent an extra 10 minutes in the shower and my waters ice cold!

It has made no difference in my skin. I use it once n a blue moon when I want extra exfoliation. 

Ugh every time I read these Clarisonic discussions I flip flop on whether or not I want one. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have $120 in Birchbox points and a 20% off code, so I could get the Mia 2 for nothing. But I'm really worried about using it and having it not doing anything or worse-have it break me out horribly.

I have persistent acne- not really bad but in certain spots on my face. NOTHING seems to work for me to clear up my clogged pores or blackheads. I feel like the only thing I haven't tried is the Clarisonic.

The money is a LOT for me, and I feel weary of using that many Birchbox points on one thing when I could use them on lots of other items. I've seen a lot of negative things on here, but so many positive things other places too. Arg I wish I knew what to do! LOL

Back