• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Coming 8/1 Best of Hautelook Beauty Bags! 8AM PT

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, honestly I'm surprised my Spring bag made it intact with no protective packaging whatsoever, just the bag "plopped" in a box... It came from the next state over so it didn't have far to go.  But seriously, what were they thinking?  

I got a shipment confirmation for my TheBalm order today.. If I find a destroyed DownBoy I'm going to be sad
I will be sad for you! This is just needless destruction of perfectly innocent makeup products!

Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, honestly I'm surprised my Spring bag made it intact with no protective packaging whatsoever, just the bag "plopped" in a box... It came from the next state over so it didn't have far to go.  But seriously, what were they thinking?  

I got a shipment confirmation for my TheBalm order today.. If I find a destroyed DownBoy I'm going to be sad!
If my theBalm order looks anything like my Spring Bag.... I will sit in the floor and cry, kicking my legs, swinging my arms, and screaming like a three year old child. Yes if I also find my makeup less than perfect, I'm going to be upset too.

But I also spent  $100 on watches last week and if ANY of those are messed up, I am going to be LIVID and start throwing flames. 
devilish.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If my theBalm order looks anything like my Spring Bag.... I will sit in the floor and cry, kicking my legs, swinging my arms, and screaming like a three year old child.  
Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes if I also find my makeup less than perfect, I'm going to be upset too.

But I also spent  $100 on watches last week and if ANY of those are messed up, I am going to be LIVID and start throwing flames. 
devilish.gif
Don't come between us and our makeup!!  
mad.gif
eusa_wall.gif
moon.gif
whipping.gif
fight.gif
thefinger.gif

LOL

I emailed HL about my missing item and obliterated eye shadow. Not a peep out of them, not even an automated response.

My BB had an empty item. Also haven't heard back on that.

Still waiting for my Ipsy bag. It would be nice to get it and end the week on a high note.

Sure seems like a wide range of responses on these problems. I just heard back from HL. She said they don't have any more wipes and no more eye shadow, so she can't send me a replacement. She gave me 50% refund and said to keep everything.

I've seen every solution from a full refund, to replacement items, to 20% and 25% refunds and now me with 50%. It is weird.

She also said that normally they package everything very well so there are no issues and she would look into it. I hope with all these complaints they really will look into it. This was my first order and I am going to have to do some thinking on whether I want to order again.

Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes if I also find my makeup less than perfect, I'm going to be upset too.

devilish.gif

Lol! A cracked watch would be so sad. Hope they don't throw those in a huge box like they do with beauty bags!

Originally Posted by LovelyLush /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh god. They better wrap theBalm products up!! I got a Mary LouManizer in the mail (directly from theBalm's site), and even wrapped in tons of bubble wrap, it was still demolished. I ordered the Betty LouManizer from HL this time so now I'm scared!
I ordered that too and I will cry if its ruined! If it does happen I hope they send replacement makeup rather than refunds cause I want my 50% off product!

Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sure seems like a wide range of responses on these problems. I just heard back from HL. She said they don't have any more wipes and no more eye shadow, so she can't send me a replacement. She gave me 50% refund and said to keep everything.

I've seen every solution from a full refund, to replacement items, to 20% and 25% refunds and now me with 50%. It is weird.

She also said that normally they package everything very well so there are no issues and she would look into it. I hope with all these complaints they really will look into it. This was my first order and I am going to have to do some thinking on whether I want to order again.
Same here - it was my first HauteLook order, and I will have to think long and hard before ordering something from them again. I think the reason I got a full refund on my bag is because literally everything was covered in blue eyeshadow. It was even inside the Suki box and the mascara box. The perfume sample had to be trashed because I couldn't touch it without looking smurfesque.  I guess, like with most companies, it all depends on who gets your email and what kind of mood they're in.

Same here - it was my first HauteLook order, and I will have to think long and hard before ordering something from them again. I think the reason I got a full refund on my bag is because literally everything was covered in blue eyeshadow. It was even inside the Suki box and the mascara box. The perfume sample had to be trashed because I couldn't touch it without looking smurfesque.  I guess, like with most companies, it all depends on who gets your email and what kind of mood they're in.
I agree. It would be nice if they had some uniform policy, but I don't see that happening anytime soon at least.

Update on my mascara situation. I emailed lorac, they told me to send them the mascara and they would replace it. I got a ups email notice yesterday saying to expect a package from lorac cosmetics tuesday... the package is 1lb! No way mascara weighs 1lb. Wanna take guesses what else is in that box? Or maybe the scale was off but a girl can hope!

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update on my mascara situation. I emailed lorac, they told me to send them the mascara and they would replace it. I got a ups email notice yesterday saying to expect a package from lorac cosmetics tuesday... the package is 1lb! No way mascara weighs 1lb. Wanna take guesses what else is in that box? Or maybe the scale was off but a girl can hope!
That's exciting!  The way they shipped it they may have had to enter a minimum ship weight of 1 lb, but yeah, we definitely want updates when you receive it!  Crossing my fingers that they sent extra goodies for you!

Sounds exciting! Let us know if you got some extra goodies! 

It was just the mascara unfortunately
frown.gif
Oh, bummer...I was hoping you got something fun. At least they replaced it for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Today I got a big box with just the Mary Loumanizer I ordered, but not the rest of my balm order. Are they actually sending things one by one? On the Bright side, it wasn't broken.

Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today I got a big box with just the Mary Loumanizer I ordered, but not the rest of my balm order. Are they actually sending things one by one? On the Bright side, it wasn't broken.
same boat as you, but mine DID come broken - super shattered. It's odd, the packaging was perfectly fine, and the pressed powder wasn't even cracked. It was just straight up crumbled and powederized...like it got put into the retail box that way.

My hot mama and nude tude palettes came in different boxes. No wonder shipping is $6!!

Mine came in two different boxes and everything was perfectly intact. One was in a very large box with a small amount of items. That one scared me. A large handbag could have fit in that and it just had two blushes. Then I got a small box with a large amount of items, including my palettes, that fit snugly. They must reach for whatever box is closest to them at the time or something.

Latest posts

Back