• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Coming 8/1 Best of Hautelook Beauty Bags! 8AM PT

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you sent them the photo too!  That is pretty terrible and completely unsalvagable!  
I did! The phone rep told me to email the pics and I would be contacted in 3-5 days to discuss how the situation would be corrected. I'm hoping for a refund. If they tell me I have to send it back, I might just lose my cool. Haha it was a MESS. All over the inside of the shipping box and everything.

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my spring bag today and the lorac mascara was either completely empty or dried out. The wand came out white so I'm thinking that it was empty. They offered me a 25% refund or full refund if I sent the bag back. I was hoping they'd send me a new mascara because I was really excited to try a high end mascara like lorac. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you sent them the photo too!  That is pretty terrible and completely unsalvagable!  
I did! The phone rep told me to email the pics and I would be contacted in 3-5 days to discuss how the situation would be corrected. I'm hoping for a refund. If they tell me I have to send it back, I might just lose my cool. Haha it was a MESS. All over the inside of the shipping box and everything.

So it looks like they may try to get you to send it back or get a 25% refund.  

I saw someone comment that they received a $25 store credit (when the bag originally for $25). If they offer that, I will take it. I don't want the hassle of sending it back.

I actually went ahead and emailed lorac directly since Hautelook disappointed me in fixing the situation regarding the mascara. If I send them the mascara they will send me a new one. All I have to do is pay shipping which is awesome!

Just received an email from HauteLook. They refunded the full $20 purchase price and told me no return was required. Told me to "dispose of the products at my leisure".

Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received an email from HauteLook. They refunded the full $20 purchase price and told me no return was required. Told me to "dispose of the products at my leisure".
yay.gif

My eyeshadow was also shattered and I was missing the NYX lipstick, didn't check the mascara.  The eyeshadow leaked out into the box but not as bad as tnorth1852's.  I really only bought the bag for the Suki, the UD and the Laura Geller so I don't even know if its worth it to complain.

But I also got my Birchbox yesterday and I was missing the Coastal Scents eyeshadow quad.  Again I don't even want that product but I feel like all these companies are picking on me.  Anyone else feel like they are usually missing something from their order/sub box or their order is damaged????  Sephora is the only company I order from where my order is generally intact and correct. 

Originally Posted by Antidentite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My eyeshadow was also shattered and I was missing the NYX lipstick, didn't check the mascara.  The eyeshadow leaked out into the box but not as bad as tnorth1852's.  I really only bought the bag for the Suki, the UD and the Laura Geller so I don't even know if its worth it to complain.

But I also got my Birchbox yesterday and I was missing the Coastal Scents eyeshadow quad.  Again I don't even want that product but I feel like all these companies are picking on me.  Anyone else feel like they are usually missing something from their order/sub box or their order is damaged????  Sephora is the only company I order from where my order is generally intact and correct. 
Oh no!  
hug.gif
 I had a month when both BB and Ipsy were messed up and I totally felt like "WHY DO YOU ALL HATE ME!?"  I would contact Hautelook, the customer chat only seems to take a few minutes, and most people are getting at least a partial refund.  I also feel like Hautelook won't fix the shipping issue unless enough people complain.  So really, you're doing it for all of us 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no!  
hug.gif
 I had a month when both BB and Ipsy were messed up and I totally felt like "WHY DO YOU ALL HATE ME!?"  I would contact Hautelook, the customer chat only seems to take a few minutes, and most people are getting at least a partial refund.  I also feel like Hautelook won't fix the shipping issue unless enough people complain.  So really, you're doing it for all of us 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Last month I had this whole thing with Birchbox where one of my orders was missing items and another order had a leaked out plus two pack.  Then they were unable to send me one of the items I ordered because they didn't have it in stock and then had to deal with them incorrectly refunding me money
icon_evil.gif
.  They always correct their mistakes eventually but I'm almost getting to the point where I am just annoyed with online shopping.  I should probably stop and save myself some money but there are much better deals online than in stores.  I'll try the Hautelook chat later when it opens up (I'm east coast so i have another 30 minutes). EDIT: I'm stupid, even if I was West Coast I would have to wait another 30 minutes
biggrin.gif

What service was used to ship the bags? I haven't received any type of email about my bag being shipped out. But less excited from all the eyeshadows shattered and dried mascara :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What service was used to ship the bags?

I haven't received any type of email about my bag being shipped out.

But less excited from all the eyeshadows shattered and dried mascara
frown.gif
I got a notice from UPS, but from what other people posted, those who ordered this bag in April received bags in similar condition.  

I never got a shipping notice. Just showed up.

What service was used to ship the bags? I haven't received any type of email about my bag being shipped out. But less excited from all the eyeshadows shattered and dried mascara :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My suki and blush were also damaged. I used the live chat and was offered the full refund for a return of the bag, or the 25% to keep the damaged items.  I chose the 25%.  I will try to press the blush (I've never done it before).

i emailed and after being asked what my order number was saturday i didn't hear anything. So i did a live chat yesterday and I told her my eyeshadow was smashed  and my suki was leaking. She responded right away and gave me 50% off the purchase price of the bag AND refunded my shipping fees, so I am getting 15.95 back and ended up paying only $10. I am happy with that. I think my mascara is okay. The shadow was smashed but didn't open, so i know i can try to press that with a little alcohol and the suki seems intact but a little dry. On their website it suggests to add a few drops of distilled water and stir it up. I'm not too worried since you have to mix it with water before you put it on your face anyways:) 

I was also offered $10 back for my damaged eyeshadow and missing NYX.  They didn't offer me the refund on shipping but that's cool because I didn't really want the items that were damaged.  Pretty good customer service, it was nice to be able to chat online with someone rather than call or email. 

Probably a silly question, but here goes: I ordered the Summer bag and it is my first order from Hautelook. Today My UPS sent me a delivery notification for today from a Axiz Group.....is that my bag?

I had almost forgotten about it!

Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Probably a silly question, but here goes: I ordered the Summer bag and it is my first order from Hautelook. Today My UPS sent me a delivery notification for today from a Axiz Group.....is that my bag?

I had almost forgotten about it!
Yes, that is your Hautelook bag.

Should have read through previous posts first, I see that this probably is my Spring (not summer) bag. I got the one with the Suki in it too. It is supposed to be here today and I hope I don't have issues with mine as well. I had problems with my Suki with BB.

I can't wait to see the package though. I might have to go home at lunch and see if it is there! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Should have read through previous posts first, I see that this probably is my Spring (not summer) bag. I got the one with the Suki in it too. It is supposed to be here today and I hope I don't have issues with mine as well. I had problems with my Suki with BB.

I can't wait to see the package though. I might have to go home at lunch and see if it is there! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If you got notification through UPS the delivery confirmation is pretty quick after it has been delivered.  I was home when the UPS truck pulled up and got the delivery confimation within 30 minutes.  I would not waste your lunch unless you have received delivery confirmation.

Latest posts

Back