Contest - Giveaway: Win 1 of 3 Sets of 23 Obsessive Compulsive(OCC Makeup) Lips Tars ($299 value each) - closed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Makeup mean to me?

To me Makeup is like a part of my life if i don't wear Makeup just for one day i wont feel like myself at all.

Since i was 7 years old i would hate to go places without make because they would always tell me I was too young.

Makeup is also a way for me to express how I'm feeling sometimes.

Sometimes I realize that makeup is a fun thing to do that helps me become more creative by making myself and other peple look different.

I LOVE MAKEUP BECAUSE IT'S A PART OF MY LIFE
wub.gif

Makeup is important me because I first started wearing makeup because of a dear friend of mine; and whenever I put it on I am reminded of the *~special friendship~* we have.

Makeup makes me feel special. I'm 4th in a family of 10 sisters, so I don't really get much attention. So I try to stand out on my own terms by wearing what I want when I want it. A little smear of gloss and some eyeliner makes me feel like I'm actually someone special. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When the world is too much to bear, makeup is the the only means of escape for me. It covers up the deep darkness which consumes my soul, threatening to destroy me from the inside out. Makeup can hide the anguish that I wear behind a brittle mask of apathy. It also hides the scars which I inflict upon myself when the pain is too much to bear.

Makeup has the power to transform people into more confident people. As a makeup artist, that is my most favorite thing! I absolutely love giving someone a made-over confidence in themselves, not only physically, but mentally and emotionally. The world is full of judgment and no one is safe from the attempts to be made to feel ugly or worthless, but with a little mascara and shadows to open up the eyes, and a little blush to warm up the face, I believe that inner confidence can build up and repel the nonsense that is beat into our heads. Makeup means a new-found confidence in oneself.

This is a pretty bad pic, but this is my Summer Sunset Make up look!! And I acheaved it all for $1!!!​
First I Primed my eyes with urban decays Primer potion, then with L.A. colorsTease pallette I used the yellow in my inner corners, then the orange on my lid, and last with the pink in my crease, and ofcorse blended all the colors togeather! I then put my fave mascara on and WABAM! Your done!! This was my 3rd entry for the FOTD and ofcorse the OCC contest!!! Thanks!!!

Makeup is the epitome of femininity to me as it is something that can be thrown on in 2 minutes or take hours to prepare for any event. We all share our secrets here of products that will accent or enhance each own individuals most beautiful features. Women are graced with this precious time of therapeutic self worth where we lavishly care for our skin and body everyday either applying or removing makeup and associated products. Makeup gives us the opportunity to take time out of our busy lives to care for ourselves and let go of any little stresses that otherwise press every moment of the day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To some makeup is just an art that enhances the features of a person. However, to me makeup is a passion that helps me create different looks whether it is natural or bold. It basically reflects different sides of my personality. I personally focus on my eyes, because I believe that the eye is the window to your heart and soul. Makeup is something that makes me feel confident and comfortable as the way I am whether it’s very subtle or wacky. As a child, I wasn’t blessed with perfect features, with the help of makeup I feel satisfied with my look, with what I have created, and with the way people perceive me. Every single day you create a master piece whether it’s a five minute makeup or 1 hour, because at the end it’s created with passion, care and love.

Your FOTD should not be posted in this thread.  It should be posted in the FOTD Forum in the current thread for that day in order to be counted as an extra contest entry.  Thanks!!

Originally Posted by IvyMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is a pretty bad pic, but this is my Summer Sunset Make up look!! And I acheaved it all for $1!!!​
First I Primed my eyes with urban decays Primer potion, then with L.A. colorsTease pallette I used the yellow in my inner corners, then the orange on my lid, and last with the pink in my crease, and ofcorse blended all the colors togeather! I then put my fave mascara on and WABAM! Your done!! This was my 3rd entry for the FOTD and ofcorse the OCC contest!!! Thanks!!!

To me, makeup is something that enhances one's natural beauty. It makes me feel good on the outside which makes me feel good on the inside. It makes me a more confident person. I LOVE, LOVE, L-O-V-E makeup<3!!!

when i get dolled up, makeup helps to complete the my look in feeling awesome, glam, and crazy all at once :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

simple as that. it's fun. another outlet to express creativity, beauty, and colors!

stephiee

Makeup for me is a fun hobby, an obsession, therapy, and
heart.gif
. I'm specifically obsessed with eyeshadow. Especially bright colors. I think it suites my quirkiness (weirdness 
roflmao.gif
). Although I'm often giggly, I do have bipolar II and get depressed a lot. Doing my makeup in bright colors cheers me up a bit and makes me feel pretty. A sort of chromatherapy I guess.

Urban Decay, Makeup Forever, Stars Makeup Haven, and Sugarpill are my favorite brands. I'd love to win the OCC lip tar set. I've been eyeing a few of them for awhile, but haven't really had the chance to splurge on them. Too many SHINEY eyeshadows to get.

Agh! I'm obsessed with these lip tars. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I "like" both MUT and OCC, as well as got my friends to.

my profile --> http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000181675779

What does makeup mean to me?

I have always had issues with self confidence. It started when I was little, being teased in school.

Around the age of 15 I started playing around with cosmetics. I was actually pretty good at it!

I would do my friend's makeup, do fashion shows, all kinds of things! At first, the makeup

made me feel pretty and see what natural beauty i had. But then it moved to something deeper.

I realized that I was a beautiful person with a talent that could be used for others. So today I am

working on becoming a Master Makeup Artist. I hope to continue to use makeup to lighten people's

lives and help them realize that they're beautiful inside and out. Yes, makeup can be used to express

yourself, and it can be fun! But it's more than that to me.

Also, makeup can be pretty darn fun! I run a beauty blog and constantly do shows and whatnot. It's amazing

to roll with the punches, really challenge yourself to create a living work of art.

MAKEUP IS MAGIC!!!! It can transform in the most encouraging ways. It can make a Bride sparkle on her Wedding day. It brings smiles to children's faces through the characters it brings to life; clowns, cartoon characters and performers. It can correct a person's features and accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative. It can make a younger woman look older and more sophisticated, as well as a mature woman look more youthful. It gives courage to those with scars and illnesses that otherwise would hate to face the world without using it, as well as give a battered woman self esteem. Halloween and Horror films wouldn't quite be the same if it weren't for makeup. So in essence, makeup is not only beauty and color therapy. It is a necessity, a way of life. Makeup is the magic wand that creates magic for all ages and walks of life through various mediums. It has done so for many years and will do so for many years to come. **************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** P.S. A colleague in the industry (makeup artist) has the entire set of OCC lip tars. I was fortunate enough to try them and fell head over heals for them. The pigment and durability (long lasting) would be an AMAZING addition to my makeup kit!!! Best of luck to all entrants! : )

What make up means to me is..... self assurance... I dont feel pretty and didnt feel it when i lost my hair due to chemo... make up made me feel beautiful... it was one thing i could count on to make people see me, and not the cancer patient i was... i had a eye brow pencil i used... fake eyelashes... blush.. and thats all i needed to pull off the look... wearing a wig.. people saw me... and i loved that!!

Makeup means being original to me. I can look any way I want with makeup. It shows my creative fun loving self to all. I love how good I feel with it on. I don't wear makeup for anyone specific. It just makes me feel good about myself.

I don't think you need makeup to look pretty. I think it complement your beauty.

I also love it when little kids come into the resteraunt I work at and light up because of my bright bold makeup. Kids seem to want to talk to you more because you seem like a nice person.

I love how much fun makeup can be.

For me makeup means self expression...being able to have a feeling and using makeup to convey that message in my mirror or for others to see and enjoy. 

Makeup is my whole world!! I do makeup in a salon and with a photographer! I wear makeup like EVERYDAY!! I have transformed first time models brides & young girls on their sweet 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back