Contest - Giveaway: Win 1 of 3 Sets of 23 Obsessive Compulsive(OCC Makeup) Lips Tars ($299 value each) - closed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I have only been using makeup for about four years, makeup has had such an impact on my life. When I was a teenager, I was depressed and insecure about everything. I hated my life in New York. When I moved to California, I was determined to not be insecure and put myself out there. Unfortunately, with a face full of redness and zits, it was hard to be confident. I decided one day to go to the Clinique counter. I bought my first foundation, a little bit of lip gloss and a neutral brown duo and it was surprising the change. The redness was gone, the zits were gone and I felt a lot more confident in my relationships and in college. It's been interesting to look at pictures and see how my tastes have changed over time. I've gone from relatively dull neutrals when I was afraid to use makeup, to using much brighter (but still conservative) colors. Often makeup represents my emotions. It's a way of wearing my heart on my sleeve without necessarily being emotional. I look forward to putting on my makeup everyday because it's also a way of expressing myself. I'm not really that creative in other respects, but makeup enables me to be more creative.

To me, makeup means art. It's a way of expressing oneself onto a three-dimensional canvas; the face & body. Makeup also means an array of different things... beauty, individualism, creativity. Makeup really is one of the truest and most unique forms of art, and having the skill is one of the most wonderful things a person could have.

To me make up means individuality, you can express yourself and use colors which reflect your mood ect.

I love wearing make up and it gives me alot of confidence, i can be having a bad day, feeling crap and put on some make up, a bit of glitter and feel a million bucks..

My favourite make up is my napoleon glitter eye shadow, ever since i started wearing it iv had alot of compliments about my eyes..I also cant go any where with out a good glossy lippy..

Love my make up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Makeup to me is: a better looking me, a confident me. Growing up, I never had acne of any kind, but since I've gotten older, I seem to be getting blotches on my skin and breaking out. This is very disheartening for me. If I'm able to put some makeup on before I leave the house, it just makes for a better outing. It gives me that lift in my chin and sprint in my step, knowing that I have makeup on and look my best. When I wear makeup, I wear it for me, I deserve it! <3

Makeup is artistic, ritualistic, and unique to the individual.  It's washing my face, applying my moisturizer, looking at a blank canvas, and transforming into whatever I want- I can be pretty, I can be scary, it can make me a man or a woman.  The brush strokes are calming, the color possibilities are endless...makeup is most definitely my happy place.

Random.org has chosen the winners! MakeupTalk staff and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics send their congrats to:
yess.gif

1. RainbowBrite
  2. ox0xbarbiex0xo
  3. musingmuse

PM me your FULL Name and address!

winner_OCC-final.pdf

Congratulations to all the winners! What an awesome way to start your weekend!
claps.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back