Cover girl has got to do better

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
 I dont understand how a brand thats been around so long can be so....bad lol. Their shadows are hard and have no pigment even the covergirl queen collection is bad(its an improvement but still yack). The black liners are gray and that horrid cream shadow mess on a stick. I mean seriously? They are one of the older drug store brands and they cant come up with something good?

Milani, Jessies girl,nyx,HECK revlon is much much better.

Ok done ranting LOL any thoughts?

I actually don't mind their foundations.  I used their Aqua Cover foundation as an older teen and loved the coverage.  Lash Blast is probably one of the most raved about mascaras on this site.  I don't mind their eye shadows either.  They really are super pigmented for me (I apply eyeshadow wet).  I'd probably use them more but most of the colors I like are very shimmery and I prefer more matte colors.

Maybe its just me...i tried lash blast and wasnt impressed...I do like the blushes they are the only good thing I have found.

I had a quad from them, and I liked it but gave it away to a friend of mine that had more use of it.

I really like a number of their mascaras, and I think the TruBlend powder is pretty good. But now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think there's anything else that I've liked all that much.

I bought their CG Smoothers powder in the fall and I think it's the worst powder I've ever tried. 

oh i hate covergirl too. that lash blast mascara was crap to me. I found their foundations too thick and i seriously would never try drugstore brand eyeshadows to save my life. they all suck except for nyx. the only drug store stuff i do like is revlon and maybe some maybelline mascaras.

I like CoverGirl Mascaras, and Compact Powders. I use them daily.

Also I find some CG eyeshadows aren't as pigmented as they could be, but applying them with a primper fixed that for me.

They work fine applied wet or with a primper underneath.

I don't hate CoverGirl, but I haven't been able to find anything of theirs I liked. Most of their products don't seem to be in my tastes.

I have and have owned a few products from them over the years esp when i was in high school and just got into makeup. It was fine when i was in highschool but now that i've grown up i've moved onto better brands, and realize just how sucky covergirl products are.

Once in awhile, something grabs my attention, but I ALWAYS seem to end up underwhelmed and disappointed.

Eventually, I just gave up even trying, I look right past Covergirl displays now.

I only like(love) one thing from Covergirl.  They carry my hg foundation called Aqua Smooth, its a bit like mac's studio tech, but it doesn't make my face break out,  in fact it improved my skin.

Nothing else from the line is very good imo, their eyeshadows are the worst.

I used a foundation they made maybe 10 years ago that matched me perfectly, but of course it was discontinued like every foundation that matches me, lol. I cant even remember what it was called. I have tried their powders, and it made me orange. Some of the lip products are decent, I havent liked anything else I tried.

Aqua smooth was my very first foundation and i hated it!!! I was in my teens when I tried it an walked around a hot pink mess (I'm an NC45) because it just didn't suit my skin tone...tried their shadows, lippies, pencils and mascaras....not impressed

The ONLY cover girl product I can stand is the Tru Blend line, and that's only if I can't afford Bare Escentials for the time being or I just need a quick, on-the-go liquid foundation. The coverage is pretty good, it's very cakey though and doesn't last too long in the bottle. Eh. I hate their eyeshadows and eyeliners. 

Their Clean foundation made me breakout but I've always been kind of partial to their lip gloss. Can't stand the mascara though.

Back