Covering dark circles..HELP PLEASE!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I tried Boi-ing or however you spell it, and I didn't like it - I found it tended to crease. Undereye creases are NOT a good look!

The Fakeup doesn't have amazing coverage, but it is definitely more moisturizing and doesn't crease on me. I get pretty good results with the Fake Up combined with my foundation and a setting powder. I hope it works out for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

The Fake-up just didn't cover everything for me, I want it all covered. I also like the Instant rewind (?) it's drugstore, maybeline I think and it is really good. If the color was closer to my skin I could use it on it's own, but I'm very tan and I use in under whatever else I'm using that day. I'm on my first tube and it's lasted me over 6 months.

The Fake-up just didn't cover everything for me, I want it all covered. I also like the Instant rewind (?) it's drugstore, maybeline I think and it is really good. If the color was closer to my skin I could use it on it's own, but I'm very tan and I use in under whatever else I'm using that day. I'm on my first tube and it's lasted me over 6 months.
I need to try that. I am on a mission for my HG concealer...something that covers my dark circles WITHOUT creasing, because it's getting hot and I don't like to always have to wear foundation and powder in the summer, dangit.

I need to try that. I am on a mission for my HG concealer...something that covers my dark circles WITHOUT creasing, because it's getting hot and I don't like to always have to wear foundation and powder in the summer, dangit.
I had similar problems. My current HG is IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye. It's the first concealer I've used that went on smooth, didn't crease, lasted through sweat and everything else, and didn't look like hell on toast. It actually looks great on. It's a little thick, but not gluey at all -- I like it best with the tip of a BeautyBlender or a small concealer brush. 

I like the fake up one! I got it in my BB and I like the way it goes on. Although it does smell like lipstick to me!

I had similar problems. My current HG is IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye. It's the first concealer I've used that went on smooth, didn't crease, lasted through sweat and everything else, and didn't look like hell on toast. It actually looks great on. It's a little thick, but not gluey at all -- I like it best with the tip of a BeautyBlender or a small concealer brush. 
I have a sample of this, I'll have to try it tomorrow. I just love how much of a difference concealer makes!

i have verry verrry dark undereyes too... i hate bye bye undereye creases like mad no matter how i apply and doesnt cover anything

fake up covers more for me... still not enough but decent and doesnt crease

i apply it over stay dont stray for even more coverage

i have verry verrry dark undereyes too... i hate bye bye undereye creases like mad no matter how i apply and doesnt cover anything

fake up covers more for me... still not enough but decent and doesnt crease

i apply it over stay dont stray for even more coverage
I haven't had creasing problems with it -- I apply it right over my moisturizer, though, so maybe that's it?

i apply it over moisturizer too... and my underyes are dryy too so i dont get it haha

and i try to apply different amounts each time... no luck

If that's you in your avatar, you look like a 20 year old college student, you look amazing! As far as Benfefit's fake up goes, it's not the best, I too am still looking for a good dark circle concealer. I feel that it DOES crease and only does a so/so job at covering my dark circles. I'm about 10 years younger than you and have had dark circles forever, thank you to my grandmother for those genes!  You'll have to let us know what you ended up buying and how you thought it worked. Thanks to everyone else for all the suggestions!

If that's you in your avatar, you look like a 20 year old college student, you look amazing! As far as Benfefit's fake up goes, it's not the best, I too am still looking for a good dark circle concealer. I feel that it DOES crease and only does a so/so job at covering my dark circles. I'm about 10 years younger than you and have had dark circles forever, thank you to my grandmother for those genes!  You'll have to let us know what you ended up buying and how you thought it worked. Thanks to everyone else for all the suggestions!
Awww you are too sweet! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I actually did end up buying the Fake Up after watching a LOT of video reviews... I am just resigning myself to the fact that I will probably have to try a few things before finding my go-to product, but I am ok with that!! I love all the suggestions!! You guys rock!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I figured out a trick for days when I have super dark circles or for special occasions: a layer of the NYX white eyeshadow primer that comes in a jar first, and that totally blanks out any darkness. Then whatever concealer you like over it. The primer also smooths out the skin and helps the concealer apply evenly, makes it last, resists creasing, etc. I don't actually really like that primer on my lids, but it works well for this, so if you happen to have it, it's worth a shot. It's too much work for me to do on a daily basis, though!

I got the Benefit Fakeup today and I tried it out really quickly... Bear in mind that it's the end of the day and I already have makeup on, but dang I can really tell a difference!!! My right eye has the Fakeup and my left eye doesn't.

Excuse the red cast lol my living room has red curtains lol

image.jpg

I got the Benefit Fakeup today and I tried it out really quickly... Bear in mind that it's the end of the day and I already have makeup on, but dang I can really tell a difference!!! My right eye has the Fakeup and my left eye doesn't.

Excuse the red cast lol my living room has red curtains lol
WoW that is a huge difference!!!

Just goes to show everyone's product experience is different! Glad it worked for you!!

Hello, everyone. 

Let me first say that I'm not really into make up unless I have a job interview or I'm going to a special event. However, I have dark circles under my eyes. And I really hate them. The dark circles are hereditary (thanks grandma and grandpa). The aren't related to diet or lack of sleep.

Now because I'm not really into make up, how can I go about covering the dark circles? Is there a concealer specifically designed to cover it up? Is there a moisturizer that will improve the dark circles over time? Throw some suggestions at me. Thanks!

Back