Covering dark circles..HELP PLEASE!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got puffiness and dark circles under my eyes. I'm sure a healthier diet, more sleep, less alcohol, and more water would work wonders, but I'm currently doing a mixture of de-puffing eye cream (I play around with different samples) and tarte CC under eye corrector/concealer. It's worked better than anything in the past. I'm taking my better care of my outer self, and now it's time for me to nurture my insides, too! Here's to a healthier 2015!

dear isabelfromcali,

ive tested out a copule reasons why people get undereye circles and dark rings. i used to drink a bunch of water before going to bed cause i heard it was good for you, but i noticed i tend to get puffier eyes and dark rings. so i stopped drinking water before bed and drank more during the day so i wouldnt get thirsty. also its okay to have a glass of water beside your bed and take sips but 2-3 water bottles may be the cause. check out this post  for home remedies http://www.indianbeautyspot.com/2014/01/10-home-remedies-to-treat-dark-circles-overnight.html

I've had dark circles for as long as I can remember and mine are dark enough at the inner half of my eyes that people have asked me a couple of times if I had been hit.  I've managed to find exactly one concealer that covered them up AND didn't crease like crazy the second I put it on (naturally, it was discontinued).  My undereye area is smooth when my eyes are open, but blinking makes creases.

I also have the added fun of having high cheekbones and being overweight, so I have extra fat pads right under my eyes, so they look more deep set than they actually are.  I can be well rested and hydrated and you can still see a distinct line where my circles are.

Anyway, I say all that because I stopped wearing concealer on a regular basis years ago.  Everything I tried just focused attention to something I was trying to conceal, so I decided acceptance was easier than fighting the battle.  I bring my foundation up to my eyes, blend, and figure that dark circles are just part of my genetic heritage and move on.

I'm not saying anyone else should do that, but wanted to throw out a different perspective.

Back