Cravebox has gone out of business (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So bummed! I've loved every box I've gotten but it did seem like less and less were interesting me these last few months.  I think their food boxes were outstanding but they had way too much competition to try the beauty ones.  Seems like they were really close to getting it right, but then they just confused away a lot of customers by making too many changes.

I got really good use out of the Dog Lover's boxes and last year's Summer beauty box. Do you think that subscription boxes are starting to go the way of, say, Groupon? 

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was also able to log into my account and delete my cc info just to be safe.
Thanks for the prompt, I did the same.  You just never know these days.

Just a heads up, I merged a second topic that was created with this one. Hope I didn't cause any confusion! 
smile.gif

They should have stated that they were going out of business at the beginning of May to give customers time to use their credits up. Hope they don't pull a "The Look Bag" act and start up again in a few months.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a heads up, I merged a second topic that was created with this one. Hope I didn't cause any confusion! 
smile.gif
Thanks for posting that kawaii, I thought there was a glimmer of hope for Cravebox!
frown.gif

Smart thinking Dragonchick!

I know they've changed their business model, but I had no idea that they were struggling so badly.  I haven't loved everything I've got in every box, but for the most part I've loved my craveboxes, and had so much fun getting them.  I'm gonna go pout. 
icon_cry.gif

That's too bad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I liked most of their boxes and their customer service was usually good for me at least!

I think what might have driven some people away is they kept changing the deadlines on future boxes- I really wanted to know what would have been in the spring craft box...

Also they were getting quite repetitive with the Grape juice boxes, gum, pantene.

Originally Posted by mjreynolds32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I could say I couldn't believe it but they have changed their business model so many times since I first started receiving the boxes last year that it may have been inevitable.  

There was a time when I felt like every box was perfect for me.  I had a couple of months where I was chosen for every drawing I entered and then when a box that I really wanted came around I wasn't chosen.  I never really understood how they took their marketing information was taken into account when you took the pre-screeners because the box I didn't receive was the first book box where I actually fit well into every category.  Later on when they had the "dog lovers two" box I put down that I didn't have dogs, I didn't use dog food or calming products etc. just to see if I would get chosen no matter what I wrote and I was.  

I really scaled back after that and I only ordered two other boxes this year - the Zatarain's and the recent Girl's Night Out.  The Girl's Night Out box was by and far the best Cravebox I'd received since the original Cooking Light box that had the huge bottle of Torani syrup and the pound of Tully's coffee.  I felt like they had just gotten their act together again.  I wish they would've charged more for the "Instant Boxes" and told you what you were getting and less for the guaranteed subscriptions.  That would've made a lot more sense to me.  
Yes  - what you said is what I would have written myself. They were never constant, and the quality was all over the place after they stopped the subscriptions and switched over. 

I think it's pretty weird that they just sent out an e-mail a week or so ago about doing a survey to possibly win cravebucks (or whatever they're called). Not to mention their Facebook page as of a few days ago was saying things like how they can't wait to share an awesome new upcoming box with us. Surely they would have known for a while that they're closing? Very strange.

Thanks for the reminder! I just deleted my cc from my account. 
five.gif

I think it's pretty weird that they just sent out an e-mail a week or so ago about doing a survey to possibly win cravebucks (or whatever they're called). Not to mention their Facebook page as of a few days ago was saying things like how they can't wait to share an awesome new upcoming box with us. Surely they would have known for a while that they're closing? Very strange.
I was thinking the same about the upcoming box they were excited to share. It seems really weird that they would go out of business the same the day they send out their email.

Was looking forward to the Martha Stewart box. I was lucky to get the first Cooking Light and Dog Lover boxes and a refund for the school themed box.

Originally Posted by avonleabelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 ... It seems really weird that they would go out of business the same the day they send out their email.
It might be because it is the last day of the month.

So sad to see this company go. Been there since the beginning. Really loved the contests and the twitter parties. Wonder what happened, would like an explanation thought.

Sometimes, the big people in charge and the people in charge of the day to day operations are not the same. So the people in charge may have known going out of business was possible/likely without informing those in charge of the day to day operations, social media, etc. etc. etc and just let them proceed as normal until they knew for sure, or something. I feel like I didn't word this very well, lol.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sometimes, the big people in charge and the people in charge of the day to day operations are not the same. So the people in charge may have known going out of business was possible/likely without informing those in charge of the day to day operations, social media, etc. etc. etc and just let them proceed as normal until they knew for sure, or something. I feel like I didn't word this very well, lol.
I agree. I haven't ever been in this position, but my dad works in HR and he always knows when a business is going south before the rest of the employees because he has to plan when to let who go and how to time it. It's highly possible that they didn't tell them until they knew for sure. As it is, they are probably still operating for a bit longer to get out the rest of the instant box orders and other things. Just not taking any new orders so for the general public they are closed.

Wow.  I did not get the email but I literally just logged in yesterday and deleted my CC info and was going to contact them about deleting my account.  I got the 2 Dog Lovers and the Summer Beauty and over time thought the quality of the boxes decreased.  At least they notified people!

Hope this is not a joke or a peed off employee bc wouldn't they post it on twitter and their main website

Originally Posted by blondie415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope this is not a joke or a peed off employee bc wouldn't they post it on twitter and their main website
Yeah really, it's kinda weird that they didn't announce it on their facebook, I feel like in this age facebook has become one of the main forms of communication for companies and their customers for general information.

Back