Cravebox has gone out of business (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah really, it's kinda weird that they didn't announce it on their facebook, I feel like in this age facebook has become one of the main forms of communication for companies and their customers for general information.
They did post it on Facebook earlier today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I checked right after I got the email because the email was so unexpected!

Originally Posted by mstlcmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They did post it on Facebook earlier today
smile.gif
I checked right after I got the email because the email was so unexpected!
ahhhhh i think it got buried in my news feed and when i didn't see anything on their site i never went and looked haha.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ahhhhh i think it got buried in my news feed and when i didn't see anything on their site i never went and looked haha.
yeah it is on facebook just not on twitter and their website

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sometimes, the big people in charge and the people in charge of the day to day operations are not the same. So the people in charge may have known going out of business was possible/likely without informing those in charge of the day to day operations, social media, etc. etc. etc and just let them proceed as normal until they knew for sure, or something. I feel like I didn't word this very well, lol.
That makes sense. They kept telling us about upcoming boxes and even updated the website with new upcoming stuff (that I was actually excited about for once), but I guess whoever is in charge of that stuff wasn't informed by the higher-ups about them closing.

That's sad--I liked my crave boxes and was excited about the upcoming cooking light one. I also had good customer service from them when I had to contact them. Is there another company that has similar home/food/beauty boxes? I used to get blissmo box but their service was not good and I bailed.

I would put some down but I cant put referral links but you can check out my blog and check them out from there
Why not just list names if you are interested in helping? Why make it about your blog and referral links? Edit: taking out the blog link in the quote :] -kawaiimeows

Just an FYI it is against MUT TOS to post links to blogs.  You can have a link to your blog in your signature but cannot post links in the forums.

Originally Posted by blondie415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

because it helps out me and my blog and the companies I review

Ok I will stay out of here then and in other places I can post my blog I was just helping her out showing other companies

Really sad someone has to turn you in bc they want information
Referral links are against the rules for a reason.. if one person was allowed to do it, this forum would quickly become littered with them and helpful information would fall by the wayside unless there was something 'in it for them' in the form of referral bonuses. These rules aren't new, you agreed to them when you signed up. Its not some personal attack against you.

I find it sad you'd refuse to help a fellow member with something as simple as the name of a sub box company unless there is a referral bonus in it for you. This is a discussion board... isn't that what we're here for? To talk about makeup and share our love of sub boxes with others with similar interests?

BTW I did not "turn you in."  I just posted a friendly note in case you did not know.  A mod probably went in an edited your post or deleted it or maybe you were able to do it yourself.

Really sad someone has to turn you in bc they want information

Let's not make this into a big issue, ladies! Blondie415, if you'd like, you're more than welcome to list the names of the boxes, I'm curious myself as to what they are.
smile.gif

Sorry I did not know that defending yourself against accusations that are not true, and trying to help a fellow member know the rules of the forum is "a big issue."

@nicepeguins there are some threads where people talk about new subs

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/130136/what-new-subs-have-you-learned-about-inquiring-minds-want-to-know

and what subs they have  https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/123554/what-companies-do-you-subscribe-to

Some ladies provide really helpful feeback!

Hope that helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And you are able to find some boxes that suit your needs!  I think there are enough out there but sometimes it is hard to tell the good ones from the lemons!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let's not make this into a big issue, ladies! Blondie415, if you'd like, you're more than welcome to list the names of the boxes, I'm curious myself as to what they are.
smile.gif

Alright ladies. Stepping in here. I appreciate everyone helping us out, we really do appreciate it. As a reminder rather than engage with a member who is upset simply alert us and we'll handle it. Sometimes we don't step in publicly and instead watch the situation to see how it plays out. Sometimes it works out on it's own and sometimes it spirals out of hand. We don't want things to spiral out of hand because we're all here for the same thing - to discuss beauty boxes, our loves, our dislikes and things we've become addicted to. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The reason why referral links are not allowed is because, as Lovepink shared her opinions on the matter (which were correct), if we allow one person soon the site would be cluttered with referral links and instead of having an open and honest discussion on the matter it'll quickly become more about who can earn the most referrals or whatever. The rule was put into place long before I became a member here on MUT and it's one of the things I like about MUT. I've seen other forums where people just post their links for referrals, their stores (Mary Kay, Avon, etc) and just clutter the sites up so finding relevant and helpful information was more difficult. It's an annoyance so MUT has the no referral links or affiliate links allowed.

As for the blogging links. Again like the affiliate/referral links the rule was put into place long before I became a member and like like affiliate/referral links the reason why is to keep people from clogging the site with links. Those same sites that I mentioned before that allow the links to be posted also allow blogger links so all you see are people spamming the site with the blog posts instead of contributing. It's annoying because if you're looking for specific info you have to wade through so much junk. We do allow people to post a link in your signature to your blog or social media site but honestly the best way to gain readers is to be a helpful and contributing members to MUT because people will see you as being helpful and informative so then they'll automatically follow you on your blog.

Happy posting folks!

Although it is more expensive than Cravebox PopSugar Must Haves Box is a mix of beauty, home and accessories - it is monthly and has special themed boxes available occasionally. If you liked the eco friendly qualities of Blissmo you might like Eco Emi. It is a mix of food, healthy living, home and beauty every month. I only cancelled because a lot of their stuff is organic and has shea butter or lavender in it and I have sensitivities to those. Cravebox was pretty unique in the range of themes they have, but both of the boxes above have a mix of the types of products Cravebox sent out in every box. PopSugar are $35 a month with about $80 - 100 of value and Eco Emi is $15 with maybe $30 - 40 of value.

Originally Posted by mjreynolds32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although it is more expensive than Cravebox PopSugar Must Haves Box is a mix of beauty, home and accessories - it is monthly and has special themed boxes available occasionally. If you liked the eco friendly qualities of Blissmo you might like Eco Emi. It is a mix of food, healthy living, home and beauty every month. I only cancelled because a lot of their stuff is organic and has shea butter or lavender in it and I have sensitivities to those. Cravebox was pretty unique in the range of themes they have, but both of the boxes above have a mix of the types of products Cravebox sent out in every box. PopSugar are $35 a month with about $80 - 100 of value and Eco Emi is $15 with maybe $30 - 40 of value.
Thanks! I have a PopSugar sub which I really like. I tried Eco Emi for a while but was turned off by some repetitive items. I may look at some of their recent boxes and give it another shot sometime though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry I did not know that defending yourself against accusations that are not true, and trying to help a fellow member know the rules of the forum is "a big issue."

@nicepeguins there are some threads where people talk about new subs

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/130136/what-new-subs-have-you-learned-about-inquiring-minds-want-to-know

and what subs they have  https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/123554/what-companies-do-you-subscribe-to

Some ladies provide really helpful feeback!

Hope that helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And you are able to find some boxes that suit your needs!  I think there are enough out there but sometimes it is hard to tell the good ones from the lemons!
i don't think it was you i know it was someone else but know big deal!

Oh ok!  Thank you!  I really was only trying to be helpful!  I know you have been on the forum for a while and did not mean anything bad by it!

Still crazy they went out of business!  I realized the reason I did not get the email is becuase I had unsubbed from emails from them! Lol!  Still glad I removed my CC info thought just to be safe.

Will be interesting to see what subs pop up in its place!

i don't think it was you i know it was someone else but know big deal!

I'm not really that bummed, fun while it lasted but I'll probably funnel my Cravebox funds towards Seasonsbox.  

I actually really liked Cravebox. There were a few duds, but not many for me. Their website is still up, I wonder if they are leaving it up to state they are out of business or if they may come back?? Who knows.

Back