Cuteness Overload!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got a new pic of my girls and had to share.

I'm in a dog training club and the club paid for sitting fees for our dogs. I'm getting this one and some of each dog individually. They turned out amazing. She was even able to get shots of the Yorkie without her "worry ears," which is what I call it when her ears are down and she looks stressed. This is a hard thing to do as she gets scared around new people. It is hard to get a bad picture of the Shih Tzu. She is a ham!
omg they are the cutest little things everrrr. I want a yorkie sooo bad but I just dont' have time for a puppy right now. What are their names? 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

omg they are the cutest little things everrrr. I want a yorkie sooo bad but I just dont' have time for a puppy right now. What are their names?
The Yorkie is Gidget, she is 2. The Shih Tzu is Bella and she is 6. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So cute! My boyfriend's mom had a shih tzu named Bella but she sadly died really young. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So sad! What happened? My Bella is named because Bella is beautiful in Italian and my BF at the time I got her said she was ugly and retarded. So I named her Bella and got rid of his ugly/retarded self! He had told me he would buy me a Shih Tzu and he wanted me to get her sister who was 50.00 cheaper so he was talking her down! LOL

Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So sad! What happened? My Bella is named because Bella is beautiful in Italian and my BF at the time I got her said she was ugly and retarded. So I named her Bella and got rid of his ugly/retarded self! He had told me he would buy me a Shih Tzu and he wanted me to get her sister who was 50.00 cheaper so he was talking her down! LOL
lol awww! Good for you! Lol her Bella got bit by a snake actually. It was so sad! 

lol awww! Good for you! Lol her Bella got bit by a snake actually. It was so sad! 
Terrible! That would break my heart!

bad day today..worked 16hrs to come home and find our weakest newest kitten...Nori(aka Grumpy) passed away after i left for work this morning. we adopted her after cinnamon,she was really weak and almost dead to begin with, and after 3 days of love and care she passed 
icon_cry.gif
Rest in peace little Nori this pic is from the morning after we brought her home
Oh no!!!! This is so incredibly sad!! :'( What a precious baby and though her life was way too short, I bet the love you gave her was beyond anything she could have dreamed! Sweet Nori - rest in peace, little one.

Ok ladies, I have a serious issue! My daughter left for college and left me with her puppy. That dog is soooo spoiled she cries to be held! She cries when she is sleepy! She tries to get in the bed with me each night but I don't want to sleep with pets. How do I get her to stop this behavior. She wasn't this bad when my daughter was here or at least it didn't seem like it, lol. Maybe now it's because I have to deal with it constantly. She is very sweet and lovable but spoiled. She acts just like a real baby.

Hi everyone! I posted this on the ipsy september thread so it'll be a re-run if you already read it. I have a heart breaking incident that happened today and I know I can count on you for your prayers and positive thoughts/vibes for this fur baby (he didn't pass away but is very sick). My story is in the spoiler along with a couple pictures of the doggie. If you have a soft heart I recommend not looking at the pics.
I'll call him Boxer (since that's his breed). I live on a busy street across from a park. When Boxer showed up on my block yesterday he obviously looked lost so I tried to lure him with food to our yard which is fenced in, but as I would get closer he would run away. He eventually ran across the street into the park and I knew I couldn't catch up to him. My mom and a neighbor walked around the park looking for Boxer but didn't see him anywhere. I noticed it was urgent he received medical attention as you'll see in the pictures. I called animal control to pick up Boxer, which I've done before with other lost dogs that show up that we don't recognize as belonging to anyone in the neighborhood. I have a serious soft spot for any animal especially one that is hurting. So I hoped and prayed all afternoon/last night/this morning that Boxer was found and safe. Around noon today I hear the dogs in the back yard barking like crazy so I look out the front window to find out whats going on and I see Boxer stumbling around. I felt so relieved he came back. He was in the next door neighbor's yard (which also has a fence) so I ran over there and closed the gate. Poor Boxer just layed himself in the dirt exhausted. I could tell he didn't have the strength to stand up anymore. I called my mom on the phone and had her bring me a leash and an old bed sheet. We picked up Boxer and put him on the sheet then used the sheet to carry him to our yard and layed him on the soft grass. His body felt so hot. I called animal control again but they told me it might take them 3 days to send someone out to pick him up because they're really swamped. I wasn't sure what to do. He is in really bad shape. Literally skin and bones. It surprised us how heavy he was, we struggled to carry him. I decided to call the animal hospital we take our pets to for advice. After explaining the situation they told me to feed him a little bit of cooked white rice and give him small amounts of water. They also advised me to contact the local humane society. I called there and was told to take him in since they don't do pick ups. He ate the rice and drank some water then we put him in the back of my truck on a dog bed. My mom rode in the back with Boxer and I drove. When we got to the humane society a woman walking a dog in the parking lot noticed we were having a hard time trying to get Boxer off the truck. She asked " Is that your dog? " I said " We found him " She came a little closer and yelled " That dog is in distress! Run into the office and tell them Maureen says to bring help! " Then she ran into a different office. I ran into the main office and told the girl " I'm the one who called in about the boxer and Maureen said to bring help. " You should've seen those people move! I went back outside and four men were at my truck picking up the dog bed with Boxer laying on it so helpless. They rushed the dog into the clinic so fast I barely noticed 3 of the guys were wearing orange jumpsuits from the dept. of corrections. Me and my mom went into the clinic along with a couple of girls that ran over from the office I had barged into. We did some quick paperwork then a man came out to ask me questions regarding how I found him and told me Boxer was so dehydrated they couldn't get a blood sample right away because his veins were so thin. They were going to have to wait a couple of hours for the IV to plump up his veins and try it then. He also said Boxer has a microchip but it isn't registered so no information is on it. They estimated his age at 2 yrs. The man said they are going to try everything to find the owner. I told him I could put up flyers at the park I live by and he said they would take care of that. I told the girl at the counter that I was extremely concerened for Boxer and asked how I can receive updates on his status. She gave me an ID # that is assigned to him and told me to call in and ask about him. Then we got in my truck and drove home. My heart hurts for Boxer. I really hope he gets better. I really hope they find Boxer's owner and if not I'm sure I can find someone I know to adopt him. Please send him a little prayer or send him loving thoughts to recover soon. He was so cute and gentle. I know Boxer will love you so much for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here are 2 pictures I took of him laying in the grass:
Thank you all soo much for reading this and just know the love and kindness you send out will be received with Boxer's open heart!

Ok ladies, I have a serious issue! My daughter left for college and left me with her puppy. That dog is soooo spoiled she cries to be held! She cries when she is sleepy! She tries to get in the bed with me each night but I don't want to sleep with pets. How do I get her to stop this behavior. She wasn't this bad when my daughter was here or at least it didn't seem like it, lol. Maybe now it's because I have to deal with it constantly. She is very sweet and lovable but spoiled. She acts just like a real baby.
I talk to all of my animals. They're pretty smart and understand you somehow. I'm convinced they pick up on emotions easily. For example when the two chihuahuas start fighting I'll be stern and say stop fighting. They'll stop and stare at me then I'll say you need to be friends kissy kissy and the tan one will start licking the black and white one's face. Since the dog is still a puppy you can train her and change that behavior but it can take tons of patience to get there. I would say hold her when you want to, she'll get the hint except for when you feel she's super lonely and needs a hug. The sleeping thing...does she have a doggie bed of her own? If so try putting it on the floor close to your bed. When she jumps up on the bed to cuddle with you tell her her bed is over there and that's where she sleeps. Place her on her doggie bed and repeat that's where she sleeps. Consistency is important. They pick up on key words which I really don't know what they are but I just repeat the same phrases over and over with certain gestures and they learn it. If she keeps jumping on the bed after you take her off try throwing in a little extra. Maybe put her in the dog bed and rub her ears or tummy to relax her but don't do it when she's on your bed. Or try placing her favorite toy or treat in her dog bed. Something that she likes, gets her attention, and makes her want to stay in the dog bed rather than sleep with you. If that works you can then move the dog bed to a different location in your room or maybe even to a completely different room. They seem to like when you tell them good night and good morning. It's like they think goodnight ok lights off house quiet go to sleep then goodmorning everyones up making noise yay time to play. It may sound silly talking to them that way but it has always worked for me. Don't knock it til you try it.

Thanks Irene! I will definitely try it. She has her bed and actually I did put it in my room last night and she cried herself to sleep. I gave her hugs and rubbed her belly. I think she is so used to my daughter letting her fall asleep with her. I think she is slowly coming along. She is rather smart and I think she is trying to manipulate me, lol. She knows how to pull those heart strings but I always make her sleep on her bed or her blanket. She has a crate but I only use it when I am out. I feel bad having her in there when I am at home unless I am cleaning up or she needs a break.

** Update on Boxer **
I received a call about 1 hour ago from the humane society. They promised to let me know about Boxer's blood test results because they were concerned he might have parvo since we have other pets. They told me it wasn't parvo but an extreme case of valley fever that was affecting his breathing and heart rate along with making lesions on his spine. They had to put him to sleep, poor thing was suffering too much. They thanked me for taking Boxer in so that he wouldn't have to die a slow painful death out on the streets alone. I'm not gonna lie.. I cried after the phone call ended. My conscience and I are on track but it just makes me sad that an innocent animal can get so sick. I mean it's not like they can go up to you and tell you what's wrong, they're so brave and just deal with it and stay happy through it all. I feel the same way about children. ⤠Thank you all again for being so sweet and considerate of these posts regarding Boxer. MUT girls are the best!
PSA: If anyone is curious or wants to educate themselves a little on valley fever here's a link https://www.vfce.arizona.edu/ValleyFeverInPets/VFID-dodogs.aspx

@irene- I am so glad you rushed and helped Boxer. This way he knew there are people who cared. We have a boxer girl at home named Mila and love her llike a child (we do not have children yet).

I am sorry, this will be a picture overload hahaha If you do not like to see 100 pictures (ok more like 15) of a precious little boxer, please keep on scrolling (;

The day she came home with us...yes this is a snuggie for puppies, don't judge (;

She loves her treats

And the snow

Just being her

With her favorite stuffed puppy who always sleeps somewhere around her

loves her stuffed animals like a kid

Friends in her basket? Not so much!

Napping on our Couch:

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @irene- I am so glad you rushed and helped Boxer. This way he knew there are people who cared. We have a boxer girl at home named Mila and love her llike a child (we do not have children yet).

I am sorry, this will be a picture overload hahaha If you do not like to see 100 pictures (ok more like 15) of a precious little boxer, please keep on scrolling (;

The day she came home with us...yes this is a snuggie for puppies, don't judge (;

She loves her treats

And the snow

Just being her

With her favorite stuffed puppy who always sleeps somewhere around her

loves her stuffed animals like a kid

Friends in her basket? Not so much!

Napping on our Couch:

Such a cute doggie :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back