Dare To Be - A Ganguro Girl 2.0 (June 23 - July 7, 2011)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by AmyNxDx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why does this remind me of Snooki?! haha!! I'm so excited to do this one!!
LMAO So true. Snooki is a out of Japanese fashion by five years!

Mz. Beautiful, you did a wonderful job!

I've seen the random YT videos for it and such, and many, many pictures. I never understood the style myself. I guess it's time to finally Google it. haha

This is harder than I thought to achieve!! Maybe its because I am soooooooo pale that its nearly impossible to get my self orange enough!! I used NC44 O_O

It takes a good bit of time to do this one so I don't know if I will get a chance to do a better version so this is my entry for now!! (pic number 3 please)

Hehe. I'll actually do one myself since I have done the look before on my daughters. I'm going to the Dollar Store tomorrow and pick up the darkest, orange foundation I can find since the cheap stuff works for this look since it's orange as can be. LOL Some tips for people who want to replicate this style. Use a white concealer for the eyes, nose highlight and lips.  Don't use a real white since it's TOO white you want an off white or cream white. Set with a creamy white powder. Set the foundation with a dark powder, the more orange the better but not a bronzer unless it's a matte bronzer. Stickers typically went along the eyes and cheekbones, any where else and the look would not be considered as Ganguro. The gist of the look was mountain witch/hag meets beach bunny which is why the look is very tan/orange.

The word itself 顔黒 (correct romanji is gankuro) literally means "black face".

é¡” is gan which is "face", "expression"

é»’ is kuro (not guro) which is "black".

http://rut.org/cgi-bin/j-e/dict

Wow great job so far! I'm excited to try this one but I can already feel my pores clogging lol.

Hold on! You mean to tell me girls go out like this by choice in Japan, like at their own free will?

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hold on! You mean to tell me girls go out like this by choice in Japan, like at their own free will?
It was done as a rebellious thing as many of the young women would dress up like this on the weekends then go back to their office job on Monday. The style has fallen out of fashion and has been several years.

Havent we done this B4??? 

Either way I think its a great Idea Since We have ALOT of new members now I actually think it would be cool to recycle alot of the Old DTB topics to see what the New members Take on the looks would be  !!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Cant wait to see more!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just went to DG and bought some cheap stuff for it.. so excited now.. I have an hour till I have to get back on WoW for war games.. so I'm gonna try and do it in between now and then!..

OMG I had SOOO much fun doing this.. and my husband's reaction was the greatest.. he said if I was going for ABSOLUTE FUGLY.. I just steamrolled right over it!

Im posting multiple pictures.. just because I think its soooo hilarious.

The 2nd to last one for VOTING PURPOSES please

Surprisingly... I actually like that look on you. I think you look REALLY good with a bronze tan!

thank you.. lol.  I used LA Color 1.50 liq foundation.. the darkest one I could find.. and the 1.50 bronzer.. and just piled it on lol.

Originally Posted by Its Only Nicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thank you.. lol.  I used LA Color 1.50 liq foundation.. the darkest one I could find.. and the 1.50 bronzer.. and just piled it on lol.

how hard was it to wash off?!

Back