Dare To Be - A Living Dead Doll! (September 22nd - October 5th)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got impatient and put one as my avatar LMAO.... I'm still looking through everyone's entries, but HOLY COW everyone's done a fantastic job!

Awww, thanks, ladies!!! *smiling from ear to ear*
smile.gif
I had to do this one when I was home alone, too! My mom cannot stand the thought of blood. Haha.

I'm lovin' the participation too! All the entries look scary (in a good way)! Nerux, that last pic makes me want to adopt you.
smile.gif
Paperflowers, I can't see the other pics yet, but the one on your avatar looks awesome!

Originally Posted by PaperFlowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got impatient and put one as my avatar LMAO.... I'm still looking through everyone's entries, but HOLY COW everyone's done a fantastic job! Haha... good stuff.

Awesome entries ladies! John frustrated me too much the other night when I was practicing for this, so I dunno if I'm even gonna enter now LOL!

Originally Posted by PaperFlowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got impatient and put one as my avatar LMAO.... I'm still looking through everyone's entries, but HOLY COW everyone's done a fantastic job! Sorry, I was sleeping! lol.
wink.gif
They're approved now!

!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awesome entries ladies! John frustrated me too much the other night when I was practicing for this, so I dunno if I'm even gonna enter now LOL! Aww bad bad John!
WOW I cant even follow so many great entries!

Paperflowers that is just incredibly amazing,you really look scaaaary in a the best possible way!

NemuX,you are amazingly cute,great job on everything!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry, I was sleeping! lol.
wink.gif
They're approved now! WHAT????? You're not allowed to sleep!!!!
Aww I'm just kidding doll, I'm just like a little kid sometimes is all.
wink.gif
Thank you so much!!!!!!

Everyone looks so, so wonderful!!

Originally Posted by Zoey /img/forum/go_quote.gif !Aww bad bad John!

WOW I cant even follow so many great entries!

Paperflowers that is just incredibly amazing,you really look scaaaary in a the best possible way!

NemuX,you are amazingly cute,great job on everything!

Wow thank you!!!

Originally Posted by la_chinita /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awww, thanks, ladies!!! *smiling from ear to ear*
smile.gif
I had to do this one when I was home alone, too! My mom cannot stand the thought of blood. Haha.
I'm lovin' the participation too! All the entries look scary (in a good way)! Nerux, that last pic makes me want to adopt you.
smile.gif
Paperflowers, I can't see the other pics yet, but the one on your avatar looks awesome!

You, missy, have the kind of skills I can only dream of having someday. You're SO amazing.
smile.gif
And haha, my roommate would have FREAKED out if she'd seen me do all that while she was here....I startled her with the mermaid one for crying out loud!!
rotfl.gif

I actually *bought* the doll I imitated because I think she's rather pretty and it's a lesson to me in how vain I can be sometimes, considering I used to want SO MUCH plastic surgery. Ack! But I keep seeing all these other dolls I want to imitate, and I'm thinking of doing another one or two just for the heck of it, to see how they turn out.
smile.gif
This is such a fun challenge!!

WHY was I not entering D2B's sooner?? WHY WHY WHY??? (I actually plan on eventually catching up on all the D2B's just for the fun of it though.....just to put in the slideshow for giggles.)

Originally Posted by PaperFlowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif You, missy, have the kind of skills I can only dream of having someday. You're SO amazing.
smile.gif
And haha, my roommate would have FREAKED out if she'd seen me do all that while she was here....I startled her with the mermaid one for crying out loud!!
rotfl.gif

Ack! But I keep seeing all these other dolls I want to imitate, and I'm thinking of doing another one or two just for the heck of it, to see how they turn out.
smile.gif
This is such a fun challenge!!

WHY was I not entering D2B's sooner?? WHY WHY WHY??? (I actually plan on eventually catching up on all the D2B's just for the fun of it though.....just to put in the slideshow for giggles.)

Wow, thank you!!!
blush.gif
I feel like I want to do another doll, too! Just for the fun of it. Haha... Can y'all tell I have no life?
rotfl.gif

Paperflowers, my faves have to be the first and second pic. Good job!

Hmm..no special techniques really. Just my usual Revlon foundation and Revlon colorstay powder over it. I didn't have a dark base for my lids, and I needed a sticky one so the shadow pops, so I used NYX jumbo lip pencil in chestnut as a base all over the lid and undereyes except the mobile lid. I used a frosty white pearl shadow called One and Only (it's from an independent beauty store, 3 bucks haha...) on the mobile lid only. Then I used a purplish red shadow from an e/s pallet my auntie got me from the Philippines all the way up to the brow, and NYX Black to deepen. I then packed on a matte white shadow from an e/s pallet I got free from Seventeen. Jordana quickliner in Black all around the eyes, waterline, and to define my (nonexistent) eyebrows. Ardell 110 lashes and then Wet n Wild H20proof liquid eyeliner. Jordana blush to contour and Jordana deep purple lipliner for the lips over a Revlon lipstick in Coffee Break. On the outline of the stitches I used the same purplish red shadow, then lined it with the deep purple lipliner and an NYX dark brown lipliner mixed in. For the stitches I just used this stretchy thread thingy that I use to tie up the chicken legs when I cook a whole one, marked it with red sharpie marks on the ends to look like blood. Then I just used good ol' Elmer's glue to stick it on my face! Done!
smile.gif

Ahhh I want to see the entries so bad but the net is so slow here :'(

Congrats to everyone who entered so far though, as I'm sure they kick a$$!!!

Chinita I am so freakin thrilled that you chose the theme I suggested!! I can't wait to do this one, I just hope I have the time!!!

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ahhh I want to see the entries so bad but the net is so slow here :'(
Congrats to everyone who entered so far though, as I'm sure they kick a$$!!!

Chinita I am so freakin thrilled that you chose the theme I suggested!! I can't wait to do this one, I just hope I have the time!!!

No, you HAVE TO do this one. There is no, "If I have time" bull. UNACCEPTABLE KEE! You have to!!!
smile.gif
*hugs*

Back