Dare To Be - A Mermaid! (September 8th - 21st)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
missy, the pics dont show
frown.gif

dunno then?ill try again

found this one i took the other night.. as well thought it looked good too...the new one is the one im entering in the contest..

I hope I am not too late! Here is my very first entry... I need my good pirate to come rescue me!!

Nk1022038449.jpg

Nk1022038251.jpg

Nk1022038301.jpg

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif By far my fave DTB... so colorful
biggrin.gif

Keep entering, people! Pop your DTB cherries! GUYS TOO. Mermans... is that what they're called? Mermans... Merdudes... Merboy...Mermaidos? Haha anyways...

Oh, Mods... I think rules should be more specific, ya know? So no dramz from now on.

Just wanted to point out when I did my first DTB some time back, I wasn't PMed or anything about photoshopping and my picture was removed from the voting without my knowledge - even when they weren't. But I was a noob so I knew no better and didn't confront the issue. Either rules gotta be modified or more detailed and maybe a bigger notice in the beginning of each thread with "No Photoshop Yada Yada"? I know its there all the time but in bigger, bolder print so it can be embedded into folk's minds....

Ill admit some photos looked photoshopped in this DTB and I think eliminating everything except cropping should be fair. Not trying to be a little hater here because I understand some cameras aren't the best at capturing things... but at least no drama about it will occur.

I didn't know you ever had a pic removed from DTB. And I'm curious as to why your entry would've been removed without telling you (unless it was a forgotten entry?). This generally isn't a forum I police since it's generally drama free.
However, new rules are going to be set into place effective the DTB starting this week. As for pictures submitted as thumbnails/attachments, they all have to be approved first now, as per part of the new forum rules. However, this rule may be removed. You can still submit the pictures embedded using the BB code.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif It says pending approval.
Hmm.

Yep!
smile.gif
Gotta approve 'em first! lol.
wink.gif

I'm sorry your entry got removed! Like Aquilah said, it's possible that it was an accident. I would think that you would have been pm'ed if there was any concern.
frown.gif
BTW...are you going to enter this one? You would be a totally cool mermaid!

ITA with the new rules. Like Aquilah said, we're working on it and they'll be up by the time we start the new challenge. Hopefully they'll clear things up since there seem to be some grey areas with the rules at the moment.

Missy, cool entry! I could never pull off the wet look.
smile.gif

Leezer, I hope your pirate comes soon.
smile.gif
Nice blue e/s!

OK here's my entry. I did my 8 yr old niece... she had a blast with this!!! She's such a little diva! We just played for what seemed like hours last night trying all kinds of different things! We went the artistic route and the more we added the more she liked it! LOL She was so excited when finally started the "photo shoot"! This is so much much fun... we don't get to just "play" enough!

BTW... everybody's entries so far are wonderful!! I love this theme!

Attachment 36130

Attachment 36131

Yay more entries- Luna, You look great, I love how the pinkish/red goes with your hair.

Stefawn- your niece is too cute!

Missy- great entry, nice n simple, I like it!

Leezer- aww, you look so sad, but great job!

Got my makeup done! Uploading pictures now. (We are allowed to crop, right?) I think we are....anyway....I'm SO pissed the pictures don't show how pigmented the colors are, but...whatever, right? Pics happen. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My roommate walked in the room in the middle of this and stared at me haha. The photos are sort-of blurry 'cause I have shaky hands but maybe they'll turn out all right.

Edit: 2 from my camera phone came out in addition to the ones on my digital camera...I honestly have no idea which one to put in as the official entry.

Originally Posted by PaperFlowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif Got my makeup done! Uploading pictures now. (We are allowed to crop, right?) Yes, cropping is allowed.
smile.gif

Luna, your eyes ROCK! I sooooo want to do my eyes like this for work tomorrow! I wonder how that would go over...

this is my first time doing this.. so do i just post it here and it is entered?? i just got a facial so my face is not in the best condition
frown.gif

merm.jpg

mer.jpg

well i dnt think my picture workd... can someone tell me how to post it?

Originally Posted by MissMissy /img/forum/go_quote.gif aww she is so cute Thank You!!

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay more entries- Luna, You look great, I love how the pinkish/red goes with your hair.
Stefawn- your niece is too cute!

Missy- great entry, nice n simple, I like it!

Leezer- aww, you look so sad, but great job!

Thank You!!

Originally Posted by heartbrkerforu /img/forum/go_quote.gif this is my first time doing this.. so do i just post it here and it is entered?? i just got a facial so my face is not in the best condition
frown.gif

http://file:///C:/Documents%20and%20...ments/merm.jpg

http://file:///C:/Documents%20and%20...uments/mer.jpg

well i dnt think my picture workd... can someone tell me how to post it?

There are a few different ways to do it.
smile.gif
Here is a link describing them:
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f82...osts-8236.html

Hopefully that helps! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
smile.gif

Paperflowers - I think you should enter the second one. I like the last one too but the second one shows off the makeup best.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back