Dare To Be - Smoker: Before and After (January 26th - February 8th)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by -Liz- /img/forum/go_quote.gif this is gonna be interesting, its gonna take alll my creative juices to do this lol but i know who can...

LA CHINITA!! come on girl, you will OWN this

LOL Liz...I can do the "after" part easy...by NOT wearing makeup. Haha. This is a pretty challenging D2B. I can't wait to see some entries!!!
smile.gif

LMAO youre so rediculus, youre one of the most talented people on here, like i said, i try and copy you L"OL

come on kickstart this competition...please, pleeease i havent seen an entry in so long!

okay..so i'm confused

is the challenge suppose to be how you look haggered or trashed if you're a long time smoker or just a hot look'n smoker? or a smoker that thinks is hot but is actually a walking chemo patient?

Originally Posted by lummerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif okay..so i'm confused
is the challenge suppose to be how you look haggered or trashed if you're a long time smoker or just a hot look'n smoker? or a smoker that thinks is hot but is actually a walking chemo patient?

It's a before and after. The before would be when the person is healthy and looking good (before smoking/just starting). And the after represents the damage that smoking can do to your body. If you look at the inspiration pics, the image in the mirror is the after and the main picture is the before. If that makes sense.

No entries yet?
frown.gif
I was hoping to see all of your ladies talented work. I am not talented enough to pull tthis one off
frown.gif

eh, this one really isnt my cup of tea (eventhough i dont drink tea)

Insensitve werent you going to enter to give us some inspiration! Come on girl show us how its done, im soo lost w this lol

Wow no entries yet lol. I was really thinkin of trying it, but Ive come down with a cold! I wanted to take some cool smokin pictures lol but Im not smoking at all cause of my sore throat lol. Hopefully when I get better.

I dont think I have enough talent to pull off the after part either. I have some ideas, but how haggered could I look without a special affects artist lol Im only 18 look pretty young still lol...

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha dang, no entries yet? I know and there is not too much time left

I dont think ill enter this one either LOL

just cause i dont want to try to look ugly? People usually do their makeup to look good not for others to feel pitty for them hahaha, so i dunno, maybe someone really artistic will enter this one
smile.gif

Okie... heres my attempt. I might do another one; with more details. This was just for fun.
smile.gif

Before:

thumMe_210.jpg

After:

thumMe_420.jpg

Originally Posted by bmichlig /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it's a great theme!
You can get a lot of ideas by looking at the mugshots of meth people as they go through several arrests over a few years. It is shocking to see the degeneration of good looking people into zombies. Check out this link here: main

Anyway, here's what I think are characteristic of a lifetime of heavy smoking:

Wrinkles around mouth radiating outward from lips

Deepened naso-labial folds (marionette lines)

Brow furrows - vertical from squinting and frowning

Sallow skin from oxygen deprivation

Yellow looking nails

Gaunt cheeks from sucking

Maybe an external electric voice box for speaking after laynx surgery for cancer

Basically it is a severely aged look. I'm 40 and a grandma, and I see so many girls in their early 20s who look my age or older, and I know you've all seen women in their 50s and 60s who look totally rough and haggard, and often that is because of smoking (as well as hard alcohol use, maybe street or prescription drug abuse, poor nutrition and lack of self care). It's all very sad to me.

Hi,
Thank you for pulling this information and posting it here. It so very true. I'd also like to add that the skin becomes drier due to smoking.

Back