Dark Matter Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG - I'm in lust. For those who have used the products how is the wear time? How do these perform? Do they crease? Easy to blend? Easy to build?
So, I'm terrible at taking my makeup off at night. I put these on one day and slept in them and woke up the next day and they literally looked like I just put them on. No creasing, perfect. Super easy to blend and easy to build. I dunno what primer I used it over, probably UD since that's what I'm currently using. But yes, the quality is super high and they're great.

I have Betelgeuse on today as an all-over lid color (love shadows that are that good). As for application, it was no more difficult than any other loose shadow, maybe even easier due to the pigmentation. Normally with my lid color I apply it all over my primer (Eccentric Cosmetics) and let it sit for a minute. Then, I blend it out so there are no harsh edges. Blending didn't take away all the color or anything. It held up well. I'll report back after work on how it holds up. 

These last all day on me. I use over my usual Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I think I'll pair some colors with GDE Foil Me tomorrow. I think it may be magic in the making.

Not gonna lie, as soon as I clicked to the etsy page and saw those explosions of color on the raised hand I was IN LOVE. so unique and it makes a seriously bold impact

Betelgeuse passes my wear test! I wore it from 8:15-6ish and it was only slightly faded and barely creased. The primer I used (Eccentric Cosmetics) probably didn't even give me as good of results as Foil Me or even Glitter Fix would so I'm pretty happy! Honestly I think eventually I will buy most of the full sizes. 

@@zadidoll can't wait for you to try them!! Just have a sticky base (for non-indie, I've heard good things about Elf's primer), I personally use PIxie Epoxy from Fyrinnae or GDE's foil me over shadow insurance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I think the rule for indies should be that you *must* have three bases/primers/etc.:  a regular primer, a sticky base, and a foiling medium.  If you have those three things, you're pretty much set for any shadow that comes your way. 
This is good to know. I've never really been a shadow person but I really want to get better/get a bigger collection of shadows, so I really need to invest in bases and primers.

@@zadidoll can't wait for you to try them!! Just have a sticky base (for non-indie, I've heard good things about Elf's primer), I personally use PIxie Epoxy from Fyrinnae or GDE's foil me over shadow insurance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have those so thanks for the tip. Plus I'll also try the Lime Crime and Too Faced primers. Can't wait to try!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gonna lie, as soon as I clicked to the etsy page and saw those explosions of color on the raised hand I was IN LOVE. so unique and it makes a seriously bold impact
YES, that is such a smart way to show the colors...you can actually see the shimmers/sheens so much better than you can with a normal swatch. Love!

Surprise! My samples arrived today. Lightening quick shipping for 1st class mail. (Holidays must be over since mail is arriving really fast.)

I wore a few today! And I looooove them. Haven't tried them foiled yet, just wore them blended out over some primer today.

I wore Ursa Minor, Betelgeuse, and just a bit of Acrux, blended out well. :)  Kind of hard to see them in the picture but I got compliments all day. :)

IMG_9397.JPG

I just wanted to pop in and say that everyone's kind words makes me so happy. I'm silently lurking this thread and every time I read a new post I get this giddy teehee feeling that encourages me to keep doing what I'm doing. Thank you everyone!

Also I just wanted to drop a hint. If any of you are also subscribed to Innocent + Twisted Alchemy subscription, you may be getting a preview color from me in February's box. 

I have struck a deal with myself (I need to get out more) and have decided that as a reward for completing this cover letter I'm working on, I will make my first indie shadow sampler purchase from here. It will also maybe give me time to decide whether Ariel or Cassiopeia.

Cover letter writing, ho! (a la Thundercats ... and now I have that theme song in my head. Go me.)

Back