Dark Matter Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was inspired to order some of the new colors a couple days ago. I got my order today- it only took about four days total- and I got two extra samples again and a really sweet note. I'm definitely sticking with this brand and supporting it. She's got a lifer in me!

Edit: Also, a really great looking business card! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wore a few today! And I looooove them. Haven't tried them foiled yet, just wore them blended out over some primer today.

I wore Ursa Minor, Betelgeuse, and just a bit of Acrux, blended out well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Kind of hard to see them in the picture but I got compliments all day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IMG_9397.JPG
Gorgeous! 

I was inspired to order some of the new colors a couple days ago. I got my order today- it only took about four days total- and I got two extra samples again and a really sweet note. I'm definitely sticking with this brand and supporting it. She's got a lifer in me!

Agreed...I'm not supposed to be buying things for a few months, but I think when I get paid again next week, I am going to need to get some of the new colors anyway. I'll just work hard to pan something in the meantime so I have an "excuse", hahah.

I have a feeling mindset is going to get me through pre-graduation job hunting this semester.  
Oooh, you're in law school, right? I got to live through that with my husband last year. If I could, I would go meet you, get you lots of drinks, and whatever self-care type of night you need (makeover, manis, high-calorie food you'll regret the next day, etc.). 

Oooh, you're in law school, right? I got to live through that with my husband last year. If I could, I would go meet you, get you lots of drinks, and whatever self-care type of night you need (makeover, manis, high-calorie food you'll regret the next day, etc.). 
Trust me, I need it. Choosing to get married on the same day my bar application is due was the worst decision I've ever made (granted I didn't intentionally choose for it to happen that way).

Okay, we need to talk about Galileo and my new favorite, Cassiopeia (which I think was a freebie, SO I AM SO THANKFUL I RECEIVED IT!)

i am bad at taking pictures. but in the first picture Galileo is in the middle. Cassiopeia on the right.

In the second picture, Galileo on the left (with a little bit of Cassiopeia mixed in if I'm honest- oops) with Cassiopeia on the right.

THE SPARKLES! Also, I have to thank my friend for letting me put shadow all over her arms.

No primer or foil etc under either.

dm.jpg

dm1.jpg

Trust me, I need it. Choosing to get married on the same day my bar application is due was the worst decision I've ever made (granted I didn't intentionally choose for it to happen that way).
Best of luck to you on that! I'm sure you don't need to be told to get that out of the way as soon as you can to at least have it off your mind. And stay calm. Don't be like my husband, go frantic while putting it all together, slice your toe, almost pass out at the law school due to the slice and require them to break out the actual smelling salts. By the way, I don't know what kind of law you're looking to go into, but consider checking out USAjobs. Depending on the agency, federal lawyers have a pretty solid gig, especially given what the current legal market is like.

Back on topic!

Shipping label has been created and I can't wait.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@ohsailor Galileo is so pretty. I'm glad I picked that one up. So's Cassiopeia, but I'll have to grab her another time. So sparkly...  :wizard:

*sigh* They're all so pretty, I've considered breaking my no-buy a few times over the last coupe of days. I'm not an indie follower but I love @@Deareux and I know she is meticulous and the colors are amazing. I need a list of must haves from everyone ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am going to make an order as a reward when I'm done with the first week of the new semester! Can't wait!

I think I saw on the DM blog that there's going to be a Zodiac collection coming up! I know I saw it somewhere. I just can't remember whether it was on the blog or the shop.

*sigh* They're all so pretty, I've considered breaking my no-buy a few times over the last coupe of days. I'm not an indie follower but I love @@Deareux and I know she is meticulous and the colors are amazing. I need a list of must haves from everyone ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
No need to break your no-buy.  Pick out some colors and let me know which ones you want to try.  I owe you a "thank-you" for the scarf which I can't stop wearing!!!

And tell me what Z's fave colors are.  I want to send her something too.  SHe does wear nail polish, right?  I have had something in mind.  Or if you know of something she would like more just PM me.

I received my order the other night and the colours are gorgeous. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Ursa Minor is beautiful, but just like every gold I've used ever in my life, it kind of blends in with my skin tone, which sucks, but I can probably use it as a beautiful golden highlighter and feel fantastic about myself. 

What primer do you guys use? I used UDPP with Betelgeuse today, but I wanna know what products will make it flashier and show off how beautiful it is better. 

I'm waiting for my Fyrinnae order of Pixie Epoxy to come in the mail, will that be a better thing to use? 

I received my order the other night and the colours are gorgeous. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ursa Minor is beautiful, but just like every gold I've used ever in my life, it kind of blends in with my skin tone, which sucks, but I can probably use it as a beautiful golden highlighter and feel fantastic about myself. 

What primer do you guys use? I used UDPP with Betelgeuse today, but I wanna know what products will make it flashier and show off how beautiful it is better. 

I'm waiting for my Fyrinnae order of Pixie Epoxy to come in the mail, will that be a better thing to use? 
I used the Impulse Cosmetics primer the other day and just wanted them kind of blended out and subtle...but I intend to try them with Foil Me for a flashier look soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pixie Epoxy is not something you use in place of a primer, but in addition to.  It's a glue type product that helps keep the glitter in place.  For flashiness your best bets are to apply a white vase after your primer (Darling Girl ames one called fluff), apply the shadow wet, or my preference use a foiling medium (my favorite is Foil Me by Glamour Doll Eyes).  You will also get better results if you "pat" your shadow on with your brush instead of sweeping the brush across your lids.

Pixie Epoxy is not something you use in place of a primer, but in addition to.  It's a glue type product that helps keep the glitter in place.  For flashiness your best bets are to apply a white vase after your primer (Darling Girl ames one called fluff), apply the shadow wet, or my preference use a foiling medium (my favorite is Foil Me by Glamour Doll Eyes).  You will also get better results if you "pat" your shadow on with your brush instead of sweeping the brush across your lids.
Thank you for all this info! I'm really new to loose eye shadows in general, so I'm sure I'm gonna have a lot of practicing to do. I have the NYX pencil in Milk I can use as a base. What exactly is a foiling medium? I feel like I've re-stumbled into the makeup world by branching into Indies because I never had to worry about foiling before, haha. 

Thank you for all this info! I'm really new to loose eye shadows in general, so I'm sure I'm gonna have a lot of practicing to do. I have the NYX pencil in Milk I can use as a base. What exactly is a foiling medium? I feel like I've re-stumbled into the makeup world by branching into Indies because I never had to worry about foiling before, haha. 
A Foiling Medium is something you use to turn the shadow into an eyeliner, or to just really intensify the color. There are a few out there. I suck at explaining this, but I'll try to find the amazing explanation Mari posted the other day

Back