December 2015 Birchbox *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the video comments someone posted back that exact question. Birchbox replied "If you choose the Serge Normant spray, you will get the Serge Normant spray and the Coastal Scents sample in your December box. We're so excited about these eyeshadow samples the colors are even more beautiful in person! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />"

The smiley is their response not me. 

They also said they don't know if the Editor Box will be available for purchase. And that there might be something coming up for people who saved their boxes over the year.
So if you pick the Serge Normant you'll just get a random eye shadow pick....but if you pick the color you want you won't get the Serge Normant (I'm assuming)?  I would prefer the hairspray but don't want to get a color eye shadow I won't use.  (Granted, I do not need any eye shadow at all, but still.....)

So if you pick the Serge Normant you'll just get a random eye shadow pick....but if you pick the color you want you won't get the Serge Normant (I'm assuming)?  I would prefer the hairspray but don't want to get a color eye shadow I won't use.  (Granted, I do not need any eye shadow at all, but still.....)
It is wholly possible that some box combos will not have any eye shadow. Remember they told us everyone was getting a LOC item and then oops they ran out. But picking hairspray may mean getting stuck with a weird color. 

So if you pick the Serge Normant you'll just get a random eye shadow pick....but if you pick the color you want you won't get the Serge Normant (I'm assuming)? I would prefer the hairspray but don't want to get a color eye shadow I won't use. (Granted, I do not need any eye shadow at all, but still.....)
That is a bummer. Now I'm undecided. I like that volumizing spray (got it in the Nina Garcia hair box on the best of quarterly sale). But amongst the eye shadows I'd really only want the cream/rose combo, so I'd like the chance to pic that instead of risking getting the green/gold. Not that I need eyeshadow either, especially as I just bought the LOC collection! Guess it'll be a game time decision!

I can't find the CS styleEyes swatches anywhere, I'm trying to figure out if the cream shadow is matte or shimmery. Can anyone tell?

I can't find the CS styleEyes swatches anywhere, I'm trying to figure out if the cream shadow is matte or shimmery. Can anyone tell?
Cream seems to have matte finish from the video. Rose gold is clearly shimmery on the same palette, cream's finish looks different to me.

CS_styleeyes_cream-rosegold.png

Cream seems to have matte finish from the video. Rose gold is clearly shimmery on the same palette, cream's finish looks different to me.

CS_styleeyes_cream-rosegold.png
Can you enlarge the green and gold one like this one? So helpful seeing it big like that. Why did they have to make it so hard to see? How can we make a choice with vague colors? I'm most likely getting the rose gold/ cream but I want to see the green/gold closer to be sure! I hope everyone is getting a chocolate this time too.

Can you enlarge the green and gold one like this one? So helpful seeing it big like that. Why did they have to make it so hard to see? How can we make a choice with vague colors? I'm most likely getting the rose gold/ cream but I want to see the green/gold closer to be sure! I hope everyone is getting a chocolate this time too.
Here are the all three of them. She kept shaking the green one, so this is the best I could get. It seems like, finishes are (L-R): Shimmery - shimmery / matte - shimmery / shimmery - shimmery (thou the amount of shimmer in black seems to be less than the others).

Hope this helps =) 

bb_dec15_shadows.png

Today is sample choice day for Aces and folks who referred friends. At 1:20 pm est the sample choice option was available on my box page. I picked the green/gold shadow. Haven't received a confirmation email yet, but it usually comes a few hours after I choose a sample.

Hope everyone gets their first choice!

You can choose your sample choice today too if you are an ACE. I chose the gold and green shadow since I don't have colors like that already.

I chose formal eyes the rose gold. I hope this is a good box. It's my only sub left and I'm thinking about letting this one go too. I just have too many similar products. I will probably keep it for a few more boxes though.

I chose the grey and black because I have greens and reds and golds galore and I think darker colors look better with my eyes anyways? Here's hoping they're pigmented though. The videos of shadows never seem like they're pigmented to me, like when they had the POP shadows, but the plum one I received back then is gorgeous!

Back