December 2015 Popsugar Must Have Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice to receive the box before I have to wrap gifts. I would like to use that tape, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. No movement at all on my box. I can't believe they are telling people who are getting 2 December boxes to gift them. At this rate they won't be here until after January!
Yeah same here, I did sign up for the PSMH deal as my subscription runs out soon, which means I will be getting two December boxes and I'm fine with that. But my regular account still shows processing and customer care tells me it has not shipped but I should get it before the 24th. Now I have a second one I'd like to gift, but it may end up being a birthday present for someone rather than Christmas LOL. So fingers crossed our boxes get here soon!

I got my box today, I don't remember if I got a shipping notice or not. I don't think I did.

I love most of the box, I dislike a couple items greatly. Like...

I HATE the bracelet. It feels super cheap to me and the clasp is awkward for lefties. There is no way this bracelet is worth $65 or even $6 or $5.  Blah.

I LOVE the lipstick trio, mini lipsticks = no big commitment and they're all very pretty. I even love the packaging, the rubberized feeling of the containers. Reminds me of Nars stuff. 

I HATE the wine stopper. Well I guess I don't hate it as much as I find it kind of pointless. I know there is a need to plug up wine bottles and this is just a nicer, fancier version of some cheaper plastic ones you'd by at Target or the beer and wine store. I guess this looks nicer on your table too but I don't display my wine with fancy stoppers. I unscrew the top, drink it and the recycle the bottle :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I LOVE the jewelry box. When I first saw the spoilers I was feeling meh about it but now that I have it in person I like it a lot better than I thought. I was going to gift it to my sister for xmas but if I do the promotional deal I'll get another December box, it seems so I could keep this one and gift her the extra one.

I LOVE the mug cake, chocolate cake that you can make in minutes and I just bought ice cream last night because it's been in the 70's here! Oh yeah it's on for dessert to night.  

Glitter tape and stickers are cute and will easily be used for gift wrapping. I'm going to Target tonight to get gift wrap for my secret santa so I hope I can find pretty white and silver wrap to match (that isn't too wedding-y feeling).

I HATE the wine stopper. Well I guess I don't hate it as much as I find it kind of pointless. I know there is a need to plug up wine bottles and this is just a nicer, fancier version of some cheaper plastic ones you'd by at Target or the beer and wine store. I guess this looks nicer on your table too but I don't display my wine with fancy stoppers. I unscrew the top, drink it and the recycle the bottle :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Try using it on liquor bottles instead?  Less likely to finish a whole bottle in one sitting, I'd assume, and it looks super cute!  Similar to: http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/diy/diy-geode-bottle-stoppers

I think that people will have a tough time disputing the charge. I bought the 6 month deal, and it didnt say January anywhere until after I had paid. So I bought it not being sure what the first month would be. Its possible they did say January somewhere before I paid and I just missed it, but I was looking pretty closely because I was wanting to know if I was going to get two Decembers.

I got my box yesterday and actually am quite impressed. 

Unlike popular opinion, I really like the bracelet - other than the clasp not being the best quality, it feels substantial and I love the look of the three metals.  I think I'll end up wearing it quite a bit.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  The jewelry box was the big surprise to me - so, so nice!  I too signed up for the six month deal after purchasing the December box, so I'll have two of everything.  The bracelet and box will make nice gifts, as will the lipsticks (which are wonderful! so impressed!).  I'll keep both tapes and cake mixes for myself tho - not a problem there. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't drink, so two wine toppers are kinda overkill - any ideas how to use them other than to top a bottle of wine?  Maybe I need to find a friend to give them too...

I'm just excited to get the next five months for such a good deal - and it's all paid for up front which I love too! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :D :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box yesterday as well, no shipping notice and my account still says processing. Was sent via mail and not Fedex smartpost which is why I never saw it on my Fedex account, and didn't look at my USPS account for it, duh. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyway, I love the jewelry box! Looks great on my makeup table and already transferred my stuff in it. As far as the bracelet, although not my favorite I am wearing it today as I like interesting jewelry....I just don't think it's worth what they state but that's Ok. I can't wait to try the chocolate cake, although my husband insists we share. I told him I have another December box coming since I took the 6 month deal as well, but he says we can share that one too!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ...  I'll gift both sets of lipsticks since I don't wear them and the wine stoppers, so everything will get used or gifted.

Overall I'm happy with this box. And glad the next boxes I got such a great deal on!

I made the cake last night and mine was really soggy. It wasn't very cake like at all. I ended up throwing most of it out because I hate the texture of overly wet soggy food and it's supposed to be all lovely looking like the picture.

I had the right size mug, water and oil I even cooked it longer than it said but didn't want to over do it and burn it. I'm bummed. I had such high hopes for a 3 minute cake. Bummer.

My box came today. I'm so happy I decided to go for this. Maybe it's because I took a break for a few months.  :lol:   I think overall the box is great because I'll be able to use some of the items for gifts for family members. My kids will love making the cake. I can't eat it because I have to be gluten free due to medical issues but I'll just eat some chocolate instead while watching the kids eat the cake. :)

Here is a picture although I might be one of the last ones to get this. :D

popsugar must have december spoiler.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so beyond mad at popsugar and their lame customer service. I've been contacting them twice a week for over a month AFTER I was told a replacement November box was being shipped out. They just kept ignoring me and sending the follow up rating emails wanting to be rated good or bad. Now I get a response saying sorry too bad, the box is sold out. I would have just ordered another box but they told me one was being shipped. I'm so beyond bummed at missing the November box, I wa Ted to gift a few things in there to my mom. If anyone has an extra I'd love to buy it. I was really wanting the candle in particular. I'm fed up with their lack of customer service and am canceling until they get their shit together. So done.

No I didn't bother.  I don't really mind getting anotherDecember box everything but the bracelet is pretty giftable so it will be used.  I m sure PS is being bombarded with complaints right now so I ll leave them be I pretty happy they came thru with a code so I ll let it slide LOL

But here are some responses from their Facebook page:

If you purchase now, it will be the December box. Please know that you will receive two December boxes if you purchase an additional subscription as promotional codes cannot be used to upgrade subscriptions.

we're encouraging gifting for the Holiday season with this promotion!

Hi ladies, just to clarify, there's no way for us to go into your account as we don't have any of your account information. There was a bug at the time of purchase which resulted in your purchase beginning in January. As we are not selling January, we had the bug fixed so that it reflects the current month.
so bizarre that they posted on FB that they can't see any account info! like how can they send boxes if they can't see account info? who knows!! 

is the bracelet really that mr. T-esque?  :rolleyes:

ok, look at this....

http://jenny-bird.com/index.php/jewelry/necklaces/riri-collar-tri-tone.html

i have this style necklace but it's all silver (bought on mega sale years ago) and love it! the quality is amazing and when i saw the bracelet i so thought of this! perhaps i am mrs. T, oh my! 

I'm so beyond mad at popsugar and their lame customer service. I've been contacting them twice a week for over a month AFTER I was told a replacement November box was being shipped out. They just kept ignoring me and sending the follow up rating emails wanting to be rated good or bad. Now I get a response saying sorry too bad, the box is sold out. I would have just ordered another box but they told me one was being shipped. I'm so beyond bummed at missing the November box, I wa Ted to gift a few things in there to my mom. If anyone has an extra I'd love to buy it. I was really wanting the candle in particular. I'm fed up with their lack of customer service and am canceling until they get their shit together. So done.

try + send a different message, like start a brand new message as i read on FB that this may help - worth a shot if you want NOV as you never know! they seem sometimes to have boxes just appear! look at the stocking stuffers that were all from past boxes! 

i don't blame you, i would be so annoyed! they just don't seem to care about customer service much in general, i don't get it! 

I got my box today and I am happy with it.  When I took the bracelet out of the little bag my 1st thought was, "I see what they are saying.  It does look cheap."  But once I put it on I really liked it and didn't feel that way anymore. I think it helped that I removed the add'l, tiny loops on the end.  I have small wrists so I didn't need them.  The clasp is flimsy so we'll see how it lasts.  

The jewelry box is really nice and I think I will be able to wear all 3 lipsticks.  The wine stopper will probably be gifted with a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage.  The stickers/tape are cute and will get used for something I am sure.  Christmas gifts are all done and wrapped but I think those will work for other things, too.  My daughter is excited to try to make the cake (she's 12).  

Not bad, all things considered. 

I got my box today, and I really like it. I got the 6 month sub, and I'm glad I'm getting two Dec boxes. I've already put the tags to use. I like the bracelet. I actually think it's great how it mixes metals. Sadly, I can't wear bracelets at work, so I am swapping both this one and the one from the LE box. The jewelry box is really pretty. It's so sweet and feminine without being pink (a color I can't stand.) The wine stopper is really nice. I don't see why people don't seem to like it. I was just needing a wine stopper on Thanksgiving and this would have been perfect. Lipsticks...maybe swap. I'll wait to see what you ladies say about the quality. Glitter tape, so cute. I'm using the tape on all of my nieces gifts, so they can spot theirs easily under the tree. And lastly, a fun food item! Yay! This is the first year where PS has been hit and miss for me, so I'm really glad they finished the year off with a lovely box.

I got my box today, and I really like it. I got the 6 month sub, and I'm glad I'm getting two Dec boxes. I've already put the tags to use. I like the bracelet. I actually think it's great how it mixes metals. Sadly, I can't wear bracelets at work, so I am swapping both this one and the one from the LE box. The jewelry box is really pretty. It's so sweet and feminine without being pink (a color I can't stand.) The wine stopper is really nice. I don't see why people don't seem to like it. I was just needing a wine stopper on Thanksgiving and this would have been perfect. Lipsticks...maybe swap. I'll wait to see what you ladies say about the quality. Glitter tape, so cute. I'm using the tape on all of my nieces gifts, so they can spot theirs easily under the tree. And lastly, a fun food item! Yay! This is the first year where PS has been hit and miss for me, so I'm really glad they finished the year off with a lovely box.
I'm actually really impressed with the lipsticks! For sure my fav items in the box.  Colors and great and feels very nice on my lips.  Packaging is even nice too.  Reminds me of a Bite Beauty lipstick I have. 

There is nothing wrong with the wine bottle stopper, I personally have no need for one since I don't have left over wine. I don't like wine sitting around because I think it turns too quickly, so I drink it or use it in sauces/cooking. 

My box finally shipped and they used FedEx Home Delivery instead of SmartPost. Hopefully that means it will be here a lot sooner!

Back