DID YOU WIN THE STARBOX CONTEST AND RECEIVE A FREE STARBOX TO TRY??!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got the January box I ordered after winning the Feb box... lol I just could not live without that Fancy eyeliner and Cutey Peach blush!  And the March box will be my first "regular" subscription box from Starlooks!  It's a sickness... 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 a beautiful, beautiful sickness...
Lol, I cant wait for my March box, and contemplating ordering a few of the past ones.

I won the October box. First, I want to thank Starlooks for the opportunity to try their products:). Here are my honest thoughts (cringing at being negative since I really do appreciate it!): I pretty much gave everything to my 16 year old daughter. I'm in my mid-30's and can't really pull off the super bright purple eyeshadow anymore. The lipstick was really orange on me....though the quality was nice! I don't even know what to say about the eye tattoos?!? Halloween I guess? Overall, I think maybe I'm not in the right age group for this box (boohoo....getting old). The other boxes seemed like they may have suited me a little better, so I will likely watch the boxes for a few months to see what the next few look like.

Originally Posted by lilmonkeymom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won the October box. First, I want to thank Starlooks for the opportunity to try their products:). Here are my honest thoughts (cringing at being negative since I really do appreciate it!):

I pretty much gave everything to my 16 year old daughter. I'm in my mid-30's and can't really pull off the super bright purple eyeshadow anymore. The lipstick was really orange on me....though the quality was nice! I don't even know what to say about the eye tattoos?!? Halloween I guess? Overall, I think maybe I'm not in the right age group for this box (boohoo....getting old). The other boxes seemed like they may have suited me a little better, so I will likely watch the boxes for a few months to see what the next few look like.
I received the October box as well and I don't think I'm the right demographic for it either.  Fortunately, the lipstick is a color I can wear and I do like it. The purple pigment is not something I will use and the gold pencil did not transfer easily - it felt like it needed to be warmed up as it was too hard.  The eye tattoos went in the garbage, as I simply have no use for them even if it was Halloween. 

Having said that, I also am glad I got to receive one of the boxes to try out!  I have no plans on subscribing at this point, but I may be one of the rare people who prefer a variety of products and brands in my subscription boxes (skin care, lifestyle), as opposed to an all makeup box. 

Hello MakeupTalk Members,
I'm so happy to see that everyone is enjoying their prize. Huge thanks to Starlooks for hosting such a great contest!!  At this time, the contest is over and all of the boxes have been shipped. This means that if you were announced as a winner but haven't replied to Marci yet, your prize has been given to another member who entered the contest.

Be sure to check out our contest forum soon, you never know when we'll be launching another contest on MakeupTalk!!

sorry girls I know it's kinda late to reply to the topic but I'm only back from work trip and managed to open the box today.

I received the January box and love everything except the jewelry (I try to go minimal). I'm happy to see all products are full sized - not common in makeup subscription boxes. The quality of the products are good also, both eyeliner and blush are easy to apply, soft enough to blend.

However, I find both eyeliner and blush don't last very long - I used eye and face primer but both product faded after 3-4 hours of wearing. Perhaps my sweating contributed but I would definitely expect them to last longer. Not a big deal though since I have the habit of touching up in midday... =p

Packaging wise, I hate the green/yellow color... but glad to see the box is small enough for my mailbox! a huge plus point!

I'm seriously thinking of subbing to starbox after my glossybox sub expires. Looks much more promising in both value and quality! Thanks starlooks for offering the boxes! =p

I got the January box. Thanks a lot!

1. Quality of our Starlooks Products

High quality.  It was kind of hard to see the sparkly green eyeliner on my eyes though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

2. Presentation

It was beautiful.

3. Appreciation of full size

Yes, I love the fact that all of the items were full sized. It sounds like a good deal.

4. Your favorite product out of your box!

The brushes

Also, let us know the most important thing of all:

...Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!

I'm still on the fence about subscribing.

I was lucky enough to win a Starlooks box and received the January box which is the one I was hoping for.

1. Quality of our Starlooks Products

after using some of my Jan box products, the makeup seems to be very high quality...I feel it is more comparable to department store makeup (MAC, Bobby Brown, Nars,etc) versus drugstore brands(maybelline, revlon, l'oreal, etc)

2. Presentation

lovely box presentation. I liked the neatness of the tissue paper and I liked that each makeup product was in it's own individual box.

3. Appreciation of full size

of course full size is always better than sample size so fully appreciate the fact that these are all full size products

4. Your favorite product out of your box!

so far I am loving the diamond eyeliner. I was scared about the sparkly greeness of it but followed the suggestion of layering it with the brown eyeliner which made it much more subtle and practical but still with a hint of sparkle.

I'm also loving the peachy blush which is perfect for Spring.

Also, let us know the most important thing of all:

...Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!

I was a bit on the fence about subscribing even though I loved my free Jan box. I guess I was afraid of getting a month with products that I would not use because I didn't like the colors or not in my comfort zone. Then I would feel like I've wasted $17 when I could have spent the money picking out something that I was sure I would like. But after seeing what people got in the March boxes and how happy they are with the products, I decided to go ahead and sign up for a subscription.  My birthday is in April so I'm totally pampering myself by signing up.  I'm hoping for a great April box and also hoping to receive my birthday box too!

Another reason I signed up is because I think this subscription provides awesome customer service which is really important to me. If I ever encounter a problem with my subscription, I feel confident that they will respond quickly and do their best to resolve it in a professional way.

sorry for the very long post!

I put off commenting so that I could actually get some good use out of the products. I received the October box with the purple pigment, gold pencil, and lipstick. To start off with, I'm extremely impressed with the sizes of the products, however I couldn't really use the lipstick at, it's an orangish shade and doesn't look good on me at all. The purple pigment was great to work with, purple is my fave color and I used the gold pencil to line my lower lash-line. The eye tattoo that came included is being saved for Halloween or some other time, Starlooks has always impressed me with their packaging and product sizes so I'm definitely looking forward to subscribing, either in April or in May. Thank you so much for sending me the box to try!

Back