DID YOU WIN THE STARBOX CONTEST AND RECEIVE A FREE STARBOX TO TRY??!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now that i've had a day with my box, i figured i'd go ahead and do this:

1. Quality of Our Starlooks Products: The quality is great. I also like how multi-useful the products are. For example, the pink cream liner in the Feb box seems to work nicely as eye shadow, also the lip pencil goes on very nicely as an all over lip look (i'm not much of a liner person, BUT i have a coral lipstick that i can try with it). 

2. Presentation: I'm a huge sucker for packaging and presentation. I think what I loved the most about this box is that it looks high quality, without going overboard or having an excessive amount of papers. Also it the type of information provided on the products, the pictures of them actually used, and suggestions for how to use them are great. I think this makes the products accessible for any level of experience.

3. Appreciation of full size: I think the full size products are a great deal! It's only $5 more than Birchbox, but I feel like I would see myself getting my monies worth because even if I got a product I didn't like, I could gift it to a friend or relative. Also I thought the little crystal was a great extra and I definitely want to start saving these up to put in a little mason jar :3

4. Your favorite product out of your box: Definitely the blush. I'm very pale, so the red blushes I have can look really intense without even trying. The blush blends very nicely and just makes me feel very princessy (silly, i know).

5. Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!: I definitely want to! I was going to subscribe for the March box for the neutrals, but I think I ran out of time for that. Since I'm going on vacation this month I should probably save my money anyway. BUT, this summer when I move to my boyfriends small town to take an internship, I definitely want to subscribe to Starlooks then because there will be no Sephora or Ulta for me to go to. So having this as a subscription this summer while I won't be able to access any high end makeup stores will be perfect for me.

Thanks so much Marci and Starlooks for giving MuT this wonderful opportunity! I think most of us ladies here realize how important good customer service is and y'all have been top notch!

Thought I'd give my opinion on the specific qualities of the box you were asking about! (thanks kawaiimeows for the formatting!  I copied and pasted it, yours looked so nice and easy to read!)

1. Quality of Our Starlooks Products: Great Quality!  The colors are blendable, creamy, and smooth.  I would definitely compare Starlooks to other high quality brands!

2. Presentation: I love that the items are packaged like a gift each month!  Unlike other subs, I never worry that an item will come broken or damaged.  I can't wait to upcycle these boxes and use them for holiday gifts!  And the crystals are such a nice touch.

3. Appreciation of full size: Yay for no foil packets!  I never have to worry about getting an item I can only use once or twice.  I also never have to worry about getting a box full of lotions, perfumes, or weird/random stuff like Lash Cards or a tiny square of chocolate.  I know that the value of the box is always very high, and I'm getting well more than what I paid for!  

4. Your favorite product out of your box: The gel eyeliner/eyeshadow in Princess Diaries.  Other than it being one of my favorite movies, I'm excited about how versatile and fun this item is!  I can't wait to try it as an eyeshadow... or smudge it under my eyes... or try it as a cream blush (a more subtle blush than the Barbie, maybe?)

5. Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!: I already subscribed!   I received the February box, purchased the January box (and had a fantastic email from your customer service!) and will be getting the March box as my first "official" subscription box!

I'm so happy that I won this contest!  I was considering several new subs to add, and I'm so happy I decided to go with Starlooks!

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gifAlso I thought the little crystal was a great extra

Okay, so that WAS supposed to be in there. I thought it was strange, but I like it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received my Starlooks box, thank you so much!  I received the October box, and the lipstick color is gorgeous. At first I was concerned that all of the makeup was made in China as that is what the boxes say, but I googled and saw a comment in a blog that the packaging was outsourced from China but the makeup itself is made in Canada and/or California.  Marci, can you verify this?  I prefer to not use makeup made in China if I can avoid it.
Yes, this is verified. We are required by regulation to state where all components are from, we formulate everything in Canada and US and packaging is sourced from China because packaging from China is beautiful! Thanks for asking!

Originally Posted by marcistarlooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, this is verified. We are required by regulation to state where all components are from, we formulate everything in Canada and US and packaging is sourced from China because packaging from China is beautiful! Thanks for asking!
Thanks so much, and very glad to hear this! 

Agree this is a great setup for a review. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. Quality of Our Starlooks Products: I was impressed by how non-sticky the lip gloss was. I loved how smooth the gel liner was. I have never used a cream blush and I do not usually use lip liners, but these products also felt very nice. I didn't feel any of my products were low end. I was impressed.

2. Presentation: The box was wrapped beautifully. I am glad it was shipped in a package small enough to fit inside my mail box. I LOVE the included tips on how to apply to get different looks. I admit I don't usually go online to look these up.

3. Appreciation of full size: I don't mind sample sizes usually, but getting a box of full size makeup is AMAZING. Of course I will always prefer this over a sample! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

4. Your favorite product out of your box: I would say my favorite item is the pink gel eyeliner. I have worn it twice as an eyeshadow base and it leaves such a beautiful pink tint to my shadows. Loving it! 

5. Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!: I didn't subscribe yet. I wanted to sub for the neutral box but was away for a funeral and didn't in time. I do plan on subscribing soon. I canceled my Ipsy sub recently and I think this would be a wonderful replacement. I am looking more into the ins and outs of this sub and will most likely sign up for April. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you SO MUCH for giving us the chance to try out your products. I had not heard of this sub yet and I think it is amazing for the price. Cannot wait to let my friends know about it. 

I received my winning January Starlook box today!! Just did a few swatches but I am loving it so far! Will do a full review shortly!

1. Quality of Our Starlooks Products: Absolutely wonderful - especially for the price each month, you really can't beat it. I've never used any type of these products before so it was nice to be able to try something new and have it be of great quality and staying power.

2. Presentation: I loved it!! I really loved that it came in a bubble mailer and can fit in my mail box. It was wrapped so beautifully, and I really enjoy the presentation. I almost didn't want to unwrap it!! Its okay though, I was gentle and didn't rip through anything.

3. Appreciation of full size: I LOVE the fact that they are full-sizes. Since they are such great quality, there is a better chance of them being liked and now I can actually enjoy the product and use the product much more rather than if it were sample sizes.

4. Your favorite product out of your box: The lip pencil! I've never used one before - and the color is just sooo pretty!

5. Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!: I haven't subscribed....yet!! I'm trying to save up some money right now and pay bills off - but I'm hoping to be a subscriber this summer!

Again, thanks so much!

1. Quality of Our Starlooks Products: Excellent! I tried everything out today each item was wonderful and a little went a long way with each, which is great because it means each will be able to be used for a long time!

2. Presentation: Adorable! I got the February box and loved all the pinks and how it contrasted with all the products packaged in black.

3. Appreciation of full size: This is REALLY important to me, I don't subscribe to companies that send out mostly little packets, I tend to lean towards companies with full size products only. I loved that each product was a good size and I'll really be able to use them for a long time

4. Your favorite product out of your box: It's a toss up between the blush and the eye liner. The blush gave a great look with such a small amount and I LOVE anything pink so the eyeliner was right up my alley.

5. Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!: I got my box on the 1st and tried it out today so I missed the March deadline, I'm going to check out the March box contents on MUT and then decide if I want to subscribe starting in April. Most of my other subs end in March so I'll be deciding what I want to keep going forward, but for $15, I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks again for this contest and the opportunity to try the products, really loving them!

Originally Posted by marcistarlooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Please tell us what you thought about your winning Starbox, and how you think we're compared to other beauty subscription services you love! We would love to hear feedback on:

1. Quality of our Starlooks Products

2. Presentation

3. Appreciation of full size

4. Your favorite product out of your box!

Also, let us know the most important thing of all:

...Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!
Ok, so I quoted the above so I can actually remember the questions ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

1. The quality is pretty good. I was afraid that it would be lower because Starlooks seems like a relatively small company (in comparison to birchbox, for example) but I actually really enjoyed the quality of the makeup. 

2. The packaging isn't bad either. It doesn't scream luxury but it does seem understated and somewhat elegant. The box presentation was cute but the only thing that seemed a bit cheaper (I don't want to say it because it sounds way harsher than what I mean but I can't find another word) was the picture of the item list card. The quality of the picture seems kind of off and it just doesn't speak to me personally. 

3. I love the fact that the items are full size. It felt awesome to win a box and to see that the makeup is full size to give me a chance to try it out with different looks. 

4. My favorite product is the 'princess diaries' eyeliner. It looks great as a cream shadow base and is a color that I would've never purchased myself but now love. 

Would I subscribe? 

I think I would. I'm moving soon so I'm either trying to put subs on hold or canceling them because I need to budget but this box is a definite contender in the next few months ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the January Box. Pale mint green box, LOVE IT.  (Although really, I would have loved either of the other 2 )

Please tell us what you thought about your winning Starbox, and how you think we're compared to other beauty subscription services you love! We would love to hear feedback on:

1. Quality of our Starlooks Products: I love the quality. I haven't left the house yet (I'm sick) but will for sure be testing the products against the humidity of the deep south tomorrow.

2. Presentation: Excellent.I couldn't ask for better packaging and presentation. Elegant, simple, neat, not tacky, I was won over before I even opened the box. That's how impressed I am by packaging.

3. Appreciation of full size: Would anyone actually complain about getting full sized products? Especially when one is a blush?

4. Your favorite product out of your box! : The Diamondline Eye Pencil. YOU MADE ME LOOK AT YOUR STORE , MARCI! NOW I WANT THEM ALL.

...Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!  Of freakin' course I will.You sent me a box in my favorite color, with products that somehow perfectly match my skin tones, that screamed "SPRING !!!" in the dead of winter, no way can I turn that down.

Ok so I got my Starbox. I got October. I don't love it and IFK if I will be subscribing. It looks like it was stepped on. The corner of the box is squished, the bottom is broken off the liner and the pigment is cracked and all over. The only thing that's not damaged is the lipstick which is probably the only thing I won't use since I only use glosses. I thought the crystals were broken pieces from the eyeshadow container. Was it supposed to be one piece? It was three jagged little pieces so I'm guessing that's broken too now that I have figured out what it is thanks to you guys. I e mailed Starbox. I don't expect them to do anything since it was a gift but I just wanted to let them know. This is the first time ever one of my boxes was damages...wish it came in a box like birchbox rather than an envelope. At any rate, I can technically still use everything just to check the quality, but will have to throw them out soon after. I guess if I like them when I try them, I will sub for a month in hopes of getting undamaged items..

I received the January box. Thanks Starlooks! Please tell us what you thought about your winning Starbox, and how you think we're compared to other beauty subscription services you love! We would love to hear feedback on: 1. Quality of our Starlooks Products: The quality seems good. The green liner stayed on and I only had a little migration of sparkles. Really love the blush- good staying power and complimentary color. I experienced fading and migration of the brown pencil so that was my least favorite product. 2. Presentation: Excellent. Really nice presentation and i wore the bracelet to a party Friday night and received two compliments. my gift was attractively and securely packaged and arrived in perfect condition. 3. Appreciation of full size: I appreciate receiving full size products but would not have been disappointed with deluxe size products. Full size products add value to the service but I am happy with deluxe size products too. 4. Your favorite product out of your box! : The Diamondline Eye Pencil - lovely color and thanks for the reminder to layer it for more options - it's a little too sparkly alone for my conservative workplace Also, let us know the most important thing of all: ...Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe! I am considering subbing to Starlooks - trying out the products has left me with a more favorable impression of the products

1.) Quality of Starlooks Products: I was really impressed with the quality of the products. The makeup products have great pigment and staying power.  I was spectacle of the brush quality but really really feel in love with the quality and application of the brush and are hoping the see more brushes in future boxes!!

2. Presentation:Nice. The box was not real fancy itself, but on par with Birchbox boxes with tissue paper. I liked the colors and overall presentation of the box.

3. Appreciation of full size: Excellent! Love that all the products are full size, you are definitely able to decide by the end whether or not you want to buy to again. Great product and quality for the price.

4. Your favorite product out of your box! : My favorite would have to either be the eyeshadow brush or green eyeliner, I love both, cant choose.

...Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!    Of course! Really love the products!  I missed subbing for the neutral box next month but plan to sub after the next bold box (dont do much of those). Thank you for letting me try it out!!

No shipping e-mail yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm so impatient.  And hoping for anything but October, no way I could pull any of that stuff off and I really want to try them since my annual sub with birchbox is ending and I probably won't renew.

I want to say thank you for giving me the opportunity to try Starlooks.  I received January. I thought the quality of the products is fabulous.  I think compared to my other subs- this is a great value for $15.  I have so much makeup at this very moment from all my subs that I'm not going to sign up at this time.  I think I'll need a dose of my addiction by their June box.  I thought the presentation of the box was cute- & I great appreciated getting full size products- a nice change compared to birchbox. My favorite product was the peach blush-very pigmented luv it !! I like the green shimmer eyeliner even though I'm not sure if I can rock it-I'm in my mid thirties- maybe ST. Pattys Day!!  

Thanks again for the opportunity to try Starlooks- I'm definitely going to be a future member.

i got the jan box and LOVE it! (wish i i got feb cause it's BEAUTIFUL) but the sparkly green liner and the blush are my fav! followed closely by the brush! I am subscribing now!

SO sad that we missed the cutoff for March! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the October box. I loved the presentation and quality of the products, unfortunately the colors were much too bold for me. I think the gold liner is beautiful... Maybe the other products will have to wait until next Halloween ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back