DID YOU WIN THE STARBOX CONTEST AND RECEIVE A FREE STARBOX TO TRY??!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell us what you thought about your winning Starbox, and how you think we're compared to other beauty subscription services you love! We would love to hear feedback on:

1. Quality of our Starlooks Products

2. Presentation

3. Appreciation of full size

4. Your favorite product out of your box!

Also, let us know the most important thing of all:

...Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!

I got the January box and at first I wasn't thrilled, but once I began trying the products, I fell in love. 

1. Quality is wonderful -- the peach blush made me very leery, but I actually love it when it's on.  I don't use brown eyeliner because it makes me look very washed out -- however, I love the Starlooks brown liner, because it goes so smoothly onto the inner lid.  I used the brown on the inner rim to add depth to my black eyeliner and it worked beautifully.  The brush is high quality.  The bracelet will probably not get worn, but it's cute enough -- just not my style at all. I haven't tried the diamond liner, but plan to eventually. 

2. Presentation is MUCH better than many other boxes (and I've gotten at least one of almost everything at this point). Very pretty, very classy.

3. The full-size aspect is what makes this box.  I likely would not have been happy with the box if I had only received sample sizes of any of the items. 

4. So far, my favorite product is the peach blush.  I'm a rose-pink blush girl, but the peach makes a nice change while still leaving me without the sallow tint that red and brown-tinted blushes leave me with. I would not have purchased it for myself, but I love it.  Same goes for pretty much everything in the box.

I am on the fence about signing up -- I will eventually definitely give it my three month trial, but I do already have a number of beauty-specific subs.  The cost is reasonable, considering the full-size of the items, but it's still hard to justify spending $25 on makeup that I don't know if I'll like.  I'm still deciding...but for anyone looking for a beauty-specific box, I fully recommend Starlooks Starbox!

Please tell us what you thought about your winning Starbox, and how you think we're compared to other beauty subscription services you love! We would love to hear feedback on: 1. Quality of our Starlooks Products 2. Presentation 3. Appreciation of full size 4. Your favorite product out of your box! Also, let us know the most important thing of all: ...Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe! I got the January box and at first I wasn't thrilled, but once I began trying the products, I fell in love.  1. Quality is wonderful -- the peach blush made me very leery, but I actually love it when it's on.  I don't use brown eyeliner because it makes me look very washed out -- however, I love the Starlooks brown liner, because it goes so smoothly onto the inner lid.  I used the brown on the inner rim to add depth to my black eyeliner and it worked beautifully.  The brush is high quality.  The bracelet will probably not get worn, but it's cute enough -- just not my style at all. I haven't tried the diamond liner, but plan to eventually.  2. Presentation is MUCH better than many other boxes (and I've gotten at least one of almost everything at this point). Very pretty, very classy. 3. The full-size aspect is what makes this box.  I likely would not have been happy with the box if I had only received sample sizes of any of the items.  4. So far, my favorite product is the peach blush.  I'm a rose-pink blush girl, but the peach makes a nice change while still leaving me without the sallow tint that red and brown-tinted blushes leave me with. I would not have purchased it for myself, but I love it.  Same goes for pretty much everything in the box. I am on the fence about signing up -- I will eventually definitely give it my three month trial, but I do already have a number of beauty-specific subs.  The cost is reasonable, considering the full-size of the items, but it's still hard to justify spending $25 on makeup that I don't know if I'll like.  I'm still deciding...but for anyone looking for a beauty-specific box, I fully recommend Starlooks Starbox!
It's not $25, it's $15 and shipping!

I received the January box and was very happy with it! The eyeliners had great staying power and didn't smudge or move all day long (I took the cards suggestion and layered them for an olive green liner - looked great with my hazel eyes) and the blush is a beautiful color (wearing it again today, which speaks for how nice is it as I've been obsessed with the balm's hot mama blush). The dome brush is really soft and was great to receive as I've been meaning to buy one from Sephora for awhile. The bracelet was a cute idea but wasn't really my style.

Would I subscribe? Though call, while I like the products I got I looked at the past boxes on the website and there were a few that I wouldn't have wanted to get. I currently subscribe to Birchbox and Ipsy (got rid of GlossyBox) and a big part of what I like about those is getting products from different brands (as well as getting products other than make-up). I also subscribe to Julep, but I like the ability to see what I'm getting ahead of time, switch a box or skip a month. I will keep an eye on the future Starlooks boxes and might consider subscribing in the future, but for now will not. I also might consider buying a box I really like for $25 instead of a monthly $15 - I do like that option! 

I received my Starlooks box, it was the January box. I LOVE IT! The presentation of the box is top tier, I love that it looks like a gift! The green and gold together make it look very elegant. The quality of the products is fantastic, I am in love with the peach blush and the diamondline pencil! The fact that these were all full sized was awesome! It makes the service worth the money, which is very fairly priced if full sized products are standard in the boxes. My favorite product in the box was the blush, I could never find a nice peach blush that I liked, and in all honesty this blush is my new favorite! It gives a nice subtle pop of color and since I am olive skinned it looks perfect! It is soft and highly pigmented, and I don't need a lot at all for my cheeks. The bracelet was a nice added bonus too! I am most definitely going to be signing up for this service, hopefully this month. I am really blown away by this service and the products, and I am so thankful for being given the opportunity to try it!

Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not $25, it's $15 and shipping!
Hmm, that $10 makes all the difference.  I think I'll signup now....despite the fact that I need more makeup like I need another 10 lbs (ie, not at all).  Thanks!

I received the January box, and I LOVE IT! The presentation is top tier, the design of the box was elegant, it felt like I was receiving a gift! The products were fantastic, I love the blush and the diamondline pencil! The fact that the items were full sized was awesome, it makes the service really worth the money. My favorite item was the blush, I hadn't yet found a peach blush I really like. This is honestly my new favorite blush, it gives me a nice natual pop of color, and with my olive toned skin it's perfect. It is highly pigmented and soft, so I don't need a lot for my cheeks. As of today I am officially a subscriber, and I can't wait to see what else I get!

i submitted twice thinking the first didnt go through, whoops! second one is just paraphrased from the first, but the sentiment remains the same, and the fact that I decided to sign up today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

January Box

I have not tried the blush yet, but seeing other people in this thread rave about the blush, I am very excited. I did get to try to 2 liners and brush, and I have mixed feelings. I like my eyeliner very soft, and didn't feel that the brown liner was quite as soft. The diamond-liner was INCREDIBLY soft, though, and though the green is a little intimidating, I like using it to line the corners of my eye rather than using white liner (what I usually do), and looks really nice for a night out. The brush is nice, though a little bit scratchier than some of my other brushes. It blends well, though, so I suppose I do not have that much to complain about. 

2. Presentation

I thought the box was REALLY nicely packaged. It looked professional, very well done. However, the inclusion of the green bracelet in Jan.'s box, in my opinion, actually lessened the value of the box. I was almost disappointed with my box before I had to think of it as "okay ignore this bracelet and pretend like it didn't exist." I did not like the bracelet and think that it should not have been included in the box, as it lessened the overall presentation of the box. I am sure many others would really disagree with me, but this is my personal opinion. 

HOLLA, full sized products! Can't rave about this enough :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really like the diamond-liner, and definitely want to pick up a few more in more practical colors (for me). I am also very excited to try out the blush! 

Overall, I think based on January and Feb's box, I would subscribe, but some of the prior months have been very hit-or-miss. I think the option to buy the box for $25 instead is much better IMO, and allows me to play it safe. There are prior boxes I definitely would have picked up for $25, which although a little steep for a subscription box, but I suppose you pay extra for knowing haha. 

Quote: Please tell us what you thought about your winning Starbox, and how you think we're compared to other beauty subscription services you love! We would love to hear feedback on:

2. Presentation

...Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!

We can't wait to hear your feedback. It helps us re-vamp Starbox to make it something you love and are always satisfied with!

Can't wait to hear what you have to say! 

-The Starlooks Team
1) i love all of the items in the January box I won except the bracelet. It  is  cute but not my style and I am going to pass  the bracelet to a friend. I love how the blush looks on my skin and was afraid to use it because I thought it was too bright. The eyeliners were amazing and I love how soft and easy it is to apply. I have not tried the dome brush yet but I love the fact it is animal cruelty free.

2) I was impressed with the presentation and love how it came in a nice green box.

3) I subscribe to Birchbox, Ipsy, Sample Society and maybe I will get one full size product. I love how every item in the Starlooks box was full sized and not sample size .

4) My favorite product was the blush. I have been using it everyday and I normally wear pink blush, and I would have never picked this color for myself.

After trying the products, I signed up for the box and will definitely recommend this service to my friends and family. Great job and thank you for the box !

I received the February box.

1. Quality of Our Starlooks Products:  The quality is great.  The lip pencil is creamy and the lip gloss isn't sticky.  I've never used cream liner or blush before, so I have nothing to compare those to. 

2. Presentation:  Very nice, I love that the box is just the right size, rather than oversized with unnecessary filler.

3. Appreciation of full size:  I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but to me it feels wasteful when I get a full sized product and it doesn't work out for me.

4. Your favorite product out of your box: The lip pencil.  The color is so pretty.

5. Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!:  Perhaps, in the future.

First of all, thanks so much for the box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  You guys are awesome.

>>1. Quality of our Starlooks Products

The products are lovely, I got the february box, and have no complaints with any of the formulas.

>>2. Presentation

I love the way the box looks on the outside, it's gorgeous!  For me, I personally prefer more tissue paper and cute little packages on the inside of the box rather than the items just placed in it.  The makeup items all look very sleek and well designed.

>> I actually prefer sample size because I rarely ever finish anything!  Also, if it's sample size, and I don't think I'll use it (for example, I don't really use blush) I don't feel bad about throwing it away.

The Princess Diaries eyeliner.  So pretty! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will definitely keep an eye on this subscription.. unfortunately right now it's a little too much for me to commit to subscribing.  I prefer to keep my subscriptions $10 and under. I definitely might buy older boxes if I really like their contents though.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They will adjust it the billing date if you email them.
Oohh that's real nice! Good to know as I'm considering signing up for them (the new March box looked nice), I'd much rather have it come out on the 15th - sucks getting all the subscription box renewals on the same day my rent is due (Chicago living ain't cheap!!)

I received the October box.  The colors are bold and my initial reaction was that I wouldn't use any of the products.  But, I'm glad that I tried them.  So these are my thoughts.  Out of the four products, I liked the lipstick the best.  I was worried about the color but after applying it I was pleasantly surpised at how well it went with my skin tone (which is light with olive undertones), plus I liked the texture of the lipstick.  I also liked the quality of the eyeliner.  It really is a cool color and it also looked good once it was applied.  It too had a nice smooth texture.  I wasn't crazy about the color of the eyeshadow so I've already re-gifted it.  I have yet to try the tattoo eye stencil, but will likely do so at a later date.  I thought it was a great addition for the October box.  I thought the presentation of the box was great and I was excited to open the box.  I was a little confused about the crystals.  Mine were in many pieces so I'm still unsure if that's the way they were meant to be or if something broke during shipment.  I think that full size products are a must have.  I'm not crazy about sample sized products and I'd rather have the real deal.  Overall my favorite product was the lipstick. At this point I'm not sure if I'm going to subscribe.  I think I'm going to track the boxes for a few more months and then make a final decision.

I thought what Starlooks did for us was awesome!  I really appreciate the fact that I was able to sample the products and like I said, without trying I may have never given the box a second thought.  Thanks MUT and Starlooks.

I received the January box.

I was impressed with the quality of these products.  The eye pencils are creamy, glide on effortlessly, and come in rich, great shades.  The blush is pretty with a subtle shimmer, and goes on light.   

2. Presentation

I was not a big fan of the green box (odd color), and the little pamphlets that came inside felt flimsy and a bit cheapo, compared with, say, Birchbox, which uses nice, hefty cardstock and has a clean, streamlined look.  I did like the product packaging, though: it felt elegant and high-end.

Definitely loved receiving the full-sized products.  Made the box seem like a steal compared to Birchbox.

I really needed a brown eyeliner pencil, and loved the color and consistency of the one I received. 

I wonder if my overall impression of the box would've been different if the green bracelet had not been included.  Please do not mistake this for ungratefulness, because I was sincerely thankful for my free box -- but the bracelet was hideous, and its dime-store beading really cheapened the whole experience for me.  It was also awkward to receive the random crystal in my box, which seemed like it might have broken off from some other gaudy piece of jewelry and accidentally ended up in my box.  I know what it is now, but it just seemed off and made the box as a whole seem kind of messy and disjointed.

While I liked the products and was impressed with their quality, I will not be subscribing to the Starbox at this time.  The products were not really anything new or innovative -- I can pick out pencils and blush of a similar quality and shade at the drugstore for less than the cost of a box.  Also, the inclusion of the bracelet makes me wonder about the taste level involved in putting these boxes together, unfortunately.  I subscribed to Birchbox until recently, as their boxes started becoming a little redundant, but I could always count on cool surprises and new, different, always quality products I otherwise probably wouldn't have tried.  They were always tasteful and beautifully, elegantly presented.  If Starbox continues to tweak its aesthetic, I think it might offer a great service at an excellent value -- it's just not quite there yet.   

I just got the January box I ordered after winning the Feb box... lol I just could not live without that Fancy eyeliner and Cutey Peach blush!  And the March box will be my first "regular" subscription box from Starlooks!  It's a sickness... 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 a beautiful, beautiful sickness...

Latest posts

Back