DID YOU WIN THE STARBOX CONTEST AND RECEIVE A FREE STARBOX TO TRY??!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got October today. It was third on my list (not good colors for me) so if anyone wants to do a box swap let me know. I'm still very thankful to have won!

I just got my box (January), it is great. I love the blush and the eyeliner pencils glide on very smoothly. I have an eyeliner addiction and I always welcome new liners :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm kinda sad I missed the cut off to sign up for a box in March. I'm definitely going to sign up this month. Now that I read about everyone loving February's box, I think I might buy it. Thanks Starlooks you have great quality products!

OMG.  I think I'm in love with Starlooks 
inlove.gif
  I purchased the January box, and asked them if the dome brush and bracelet would be included (they're in the picture, but not mentioned in the box contents list).  Here is their reply:

"This is Starlooks letting you know that the Dome brush and the Bracelet are going to be in your January Starbox.  We would never pull a stunt like trying to show you more than you are going to receive.  In fact to put a Starlooks style point on your very valid question, not only are you getting all the items we are sending you a free small clear makeup bag as well because that is how Starlooks treats its customers.  You will be receiving a shipping confirmation shortly.

Have a great weekend. BTW excellent Email address :)

Sincerely,
Brandon
Shipping/Orders Manager"

LOOOOOOOVE THEM!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

inlove.gif
  I purchased the January box, and asked them if the dome brush and bracelet would be included (they're in the picture, but not mentioned in the box contents list).  Here is their reply:

"This is Starlooks letting you know that the Dome brush and the Bracelet are going to be in your January Starbox.  We would never pull a stunt like trying to show you more than you are going to receive.  In fact to put a Starlooks style point on your very valid question, not only are you getting all the items we are sending you a free small clear makeup bag as well because that is how Starlooks treats its customers.  You will be receiving a shipping confirmation shortly.

Sincerely,
Brandon
Shipping/Orders Manager"

LOOOOOOOVE THEM!
d'awwwwww! how sweet! excellent cs is very important and I'm a cs rep for a huge company in my area. it is important to make a customer happy (within reason) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am in love with this company already. I cannot sub just yet, but I will be next month for sure. Already got compliments on the feb box I'm wearing tonight. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

inlove.gif

Sincerely,
Brandon
Shipping/Orders Manager"

LOOOOOOOVE THEM!

Jealous 
wink.gif
:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> well you are getting it now! And omg amazing cs <3

Well I tried out some of the items I got today. I tried the brown liner as an eye brow pencil, either it's not a good idea or I just at using it lol. I wore the blush today and it looked so cute. For some reason blush and bronzer don't stick to my face, maybe cuz I'm dragging my face over the bf cuz I hug him/cuddle all the time and that's why it doesn't stay on XD But it's not this blush only, any blush does it XD Couldn't try out the eye shadow brush cuz I had no primer, so I just decided to skip teh eyeshadow today. So far I like what I tried :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my box that arrived today. i'm definitely getting "snow princess" vibes from the color scheme, which i'm absolutely in love with! the value in this box is very evident, you can't go wrong with full sized makeup for 15 dollars! i definitely would like to subscribe starting sometime this summer when i have more of an expendable income.

also: i just adore the packaging. i feel like good packaging can go a long way. it seems like they mix up the color of the box each month! which makes it a little more fun imo! i really enjoyed birchbox when they sent out a "different" looking box itself for december and i wish they did that more often.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cute! Whats up w those crystal looking things XD
They're quartz crystals! They send them in every box. I guess they're meant to attract energy?? THey suggest collecting them in a jar and using it as a brush holder. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ah! Mine was delivered to my apartment complex this morning, but I was at work. Now the office is closed:( I'm hoping to get it on Sunday (they will only be open tomorrow while I am at work), but I might have to wait until Monday
icon_evil.gif

I knew they were crystals! I wasnt that crazy at least XD im not super into crystals and stuff, so i couldnt tell what it was exactly XD

So that's what they are!  I said to my daughter that someone must have broken something and parts got in the box lol.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They're quartz crystals! They send them in every box. I guess they're meant to attract energy?? THey suggest collecting them in a jar and using it as a brush holder. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

First of all I just want to say how grateful that I am to have received a free starbox. I always read thru the threads and check othet subs out and I was interested in this subscribtion but leary because how could they possibly send out quality makeup for such a small price every month. So this was genius on their part in my opinion. I received t he February box which I was drooling over and omg I am in LOVE! I already signed up for a paid subscription : ) pink is my all time favorite color.. love love love pink and I was particularly interested in the bright pink blush so that was the first thing I tried and I am absolutely in love with it. I wore it tonight on my cheeks and lips. The lip liner is gorgeous. .. loved it.. loved the gloss. The pink eyeliner is a beautiful color but I am not quite sure how to wear it and could use some tips. Someone mentioned using it as a base but I have never really done that. What kind of color do I put over a pale pink? So far I am super impressed with starlooks and am looking forward to future boxes. Thank you again for allowing me to try you guys out!

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all I just want to say how grateful that I am to have received a free starbox. I always read thru the threads and check othet subs out and I was interested in this subscribtion but leary because how could they possibly send out quality makeup for such a small price every month. So this was genius on their part in my opinion. I received t he February box which I was drooling over and omg I am in LOVE! I already signed up for a paid subscription : ) pink is my all time favorite color.. love love love pink and I was particularly interested in the bright pink blush so that was the first thing I tried and I am absolutely in love with it. I wore it tonight on my cheeks and lips. The lip liner is gorgeous. .. loved it.. loved the gloss. The pink eyeliner is a beautiful color but I am not quite sure how to wear it and could use some tips. Someone mentioned using it as a base but I have never really done that. What kind of color do I put over a pale pink? So far I am super impressed with starlooks and am looking forward to future boxes. Thank you again for allowing me to try you guys out!
Lauren Clark did a look with a medium/dark brown over the pink and it looked AMAZING.  I just got an email that she's also launching a signature makeup line through Starlooks!  They're selling it as a set, and the Tipsy liner from the Feb box is part of it. (Which explains why it wasn't on the contents card for the box!).  It's launching on Monday and for those of us that got the Feb box, we can buy the set without the Tipsy pencil, for anyone that got a Jan/Oct box, you can buy the set WITH the Tipsy pencil!  (and you can buy the items individually)

I'm hoping the brown shadow she used is part of this set!  Yay!

I received my box yesterday. I purposely steered clear of this board bc I wanted to be surprised...I got February!! I was somewhat leery with the gloss...not my usual color. It looks awesome! Pure perfection! Excited to try the liner and blush...thank you thank you thank you Starlooks. I cancelled my Pop Sugar subscription and it looks like I have found the replacement. I can feed my constant need of new makeup every month:)

I received my Starlooks box, thank you so much!  I received the October box, and the lipstick color is gorgeous.

At first I was concerned that all of the makeup was made in China as that is what the boxes say, but I googled and saw a comment in a blog that the packaging was outsourced from China but the makeup itself is made in Canada and/or California.  Marci, can you verify this?  I prefer to not use makeup made in China if I can avoid it.

Please tell us what you thought about your winning Starbox, and how you think we're compared to other beauty subscription services you love! We would love to hear feedback on:

1. Quality of our Starlooks Products

2. Presentation

3. Appreciation of full size

4. Your favorite product out of your box!

Also, let us know the most important thing of all:

...Whether or not after you tried out our service, you subscribed or plan to subscribe!

1 - The quality is amazing! I haven't tried the cream liner yet, nor am I experienced enough, but it is so pretty, that I plan to, and want to make use of it! The blush is highly pigmented and it's so princessy. It's funny, I looked at it, and was like "wow, this is like a barbie pink" and sure enough, that's the name of the blush. Lol. The lipliner went on the moment it caressed my lips. The lipgloss was absolutely beautiful, and the shine it left had me looking in the mirror at my lips for a good 3 minutes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

2 - The presentation of the box (February) was really gorgeous! The box was designed lovely, the February label under the cover in the center was like a garnish to the box that had me anticipated to open the wrapping, and then when I got to the center, it was like it was designed like a photo frame, with the products lined on the outside of the box with *gah, I forget her name, but I am at work so I can't look at my box. How embarrassing...* the girl's picture in the center.

3 - I appreciate the full size greatly! I can get so much use of the blush in just a ... well, say you get a finger shot.... and the blood starts to seep out?.... Sort of like the size of that just as it is starting to seep out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.... It LOOKS small, but this blush will easily last me a long time! The Lipgloss tube was about the size of my other glosses.... actually, bigger than most of them. The lip pencil was of average size, and the eyeliner was about average size too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

4 - God, the blush, no doubt. The moment I put it on, I was smiling the whole time. It's so darn pretty! I want more of it!.... the shame of it all will be using it all up eventually. ):.... but this is easily "my" blush now! I was never too big with powder blush, but thi starlooks cream blush was highly pigmented, pretty, and easily spare-able. I am so happy I got this box!

5 - I want to! I hope to! I can't believe I was as happy to receive this box as I was, to be honest. I already told a friend of mine your box got me interested in subscriptions, so if I jump on Starbox, I am hoping around April! Thanks again Marci. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Woohoo - got my box today and I received February's! Just what I was hoping for. I'm so happy & thankful to have won! Can't wait to try these out!!

Back