(Discussion) Bondi October 2013 shipping issues & complaints

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Awesome thank you! The only time I seem to ever hear about their sales is when they are in the ipsy bags with the ipsy code or after it happens. I guess I could like them on Facebook, but I hardly ever go on there so I don't think it would help.
get on their mailing list! they always send me like multiple emails when they're running promos. and that's literally the only time they send out emails so you won't get spammed by them.

Catching up on the thread this morning.  To all of you who are saying, "I don't want to enable you but..."

YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES

and I love it.  Thanks for showing me so many pretty things that actually exist and get shipped to paying customers! 
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by formul8edphrase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anybody who has Bank of America see their refund yet? It looks like Zoya's having a sale tomorrow, and the Julep secret store is open and omg I don't really need any more nail polish but I can't stop myself! But I kind of need that refund. 
sdrop.gif

I have Bank of America and I got my $1 back, but I also requested a refund before all this happened. I know this is a bit off topic, but what is the Zoya sale?

IPSYZ3 for buy 2, get 1 free + $5 shipping and 1 oz Zoya Remove+ (you can only get one free polish per order using this)

SPIRIT for buy 1, get 1 free on Zoya Team Spirit Trios + free shipping

Team Spirit collections can be found here:

http://www.zoya.com/content/category/Zoya_Team_Spirit.html

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have emailed the Garden State Plaza Mall, but I also called again just now and spoke with someone in the management office, and the Bondi kiosk is no longer at the mall. You can find the number I called here:  http://www.yelp.com/biz/garden-state-plaza-management-paramus  and to speak with the management office is option 3, and then option 3 again.  
Did they tell you why they left?  Was it just supposed to be a seasonal thing?  Thank you for following up on all this.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IPSYZ3 for buy 2, get 1 free + $5 shipping and 1 oz Zoya Remove+ (you can only get one free polish per order using this)

SPIRIT for buy 1, get 1 free on Zoya Team Spirit Trios + free shipping

Team Spirit collections can be found here:

http://www.zoya.com/content/category/Zoya_Team_Spirit.html

Thank you! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  get on their mailing list! they always send me like multiple emails when they're running promos. and that's literally the only time they send out emails so you won't get spammed by them.
Duh! This should have been totally obvious to me, but for some reason it wasn't. Thank you! :)

Anybody who has Bank of America see their refund yet? It looks like Zoya's having a sale tomorrow, and the Julep secret store is open and omg I don't really need any more nail polish but I can't stop myself! But I kind of need that refund.  :sdrop:
Not yet...I told myself if I don't see it today, I'm going to file a dispute.

Quote: Originally Posted by Andi B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Y'all wanna hear something REEEELY ironic?  I had forgotten all about this, but something made me think of this tonight......(maybe it's good for a laugh)

Back in late August when they offered extra boxes for $16, my bank flagged all of my Bondi purchases and temporarily froze my account.  I had to talk to the fraud department to verify that I did in fact initiate the charges and get them to reactivate my account. 

I figured it was probably because I made 3 different purchases within a short time span (a sale purchase and 2 different extra box purchases within 2 days), but maybe my bank was trying to tell me something, LOL!!!I

I bet my bank is going to freak out if I have to call them back in the next week or so to dispute those charges (if I don't get a refund).  I can hear it now...."Wait, what?! But, we tried to warn you, and you told us to give them your money anyway!"
Oh my gosh, your post just made me remember something that I had forgotten about!  In early September I tried to buy a couple of the spring/summer polishes from the Bondi website, and my credit card wouldn't go through.  I tried several times, checked my account and had more than enough to cover the charges.  I was at work at the time and guess I just kinda forgot all about it.  Looking back now, I wonder if there was a reason........

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  From Bondi:

For those within the US, you do have the right to request your refund in the form of a MONEY ORDER rather than a check. For those of you inexperienced with money orders, these are typically purchased from a retailer or through the United State Postal Service. It is essentially like a pre-paid check as the person purchasing it must use cash to purchase the money order. You can cash a money order just like a check or deposit it into your bank account.

For those of you outside the United States you may not be able to be issued a money order or a check due to international issues. In your case please contact your bank or credit card holder OR Paypal for instructions on what to do next.
You might also want to file a claim on PayPal even if it's past the 45-day limit. My claim was automatically closed because of this limit, but then PayPal decided to reopen my claim and study my case. My guess is that they received lots of complaints against Bondi, so they're investigating this situation regardless of the 45-day limit.

I really hope I can get a refund through PayPal. As a Canadian customer, I'm not sure how the paper check solution would work.

Quote: Originally Posted by formul8edphrase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anybody who has Bank of America see their refund yet? It looks like Zoya's having a sale tomorrow, and the Julep secret store is open and omg I don't really need any more nail polish but I can't stop myself! But I kind of need that refund. 
sdrop.gif

I have BoA and I received 2 of my 3 refunds this morning. I'm just waiting on the $16 add on box that wasn't even my money but my friend's, I owe her $8 when it comes in (she spent the other half with Julep this morning).

I wish I didn't know Zoya was having a sale... I don't even have a sports team that I'm a fan of but I want some of those Team Spirit sets.

I find it extremely interesting that THIS is the month that Julep chose to open the Secret Store early and to all Mavens.  Perhaps they are just acknowledging that anyone with the right URLs can get access and early, but still, if they were going to do it publicly, wouldn't it make more sense to have it be the December Secret Store?  Anyway, can't help but wonder if that decision has anything to do with this Bondi debacle ...

You know, it occurs to me that if I were going to run a marketing caompaign that tweaked a competitor, I'd probably avoid the ones whose Founders/CEOs were Ivy-League educated lawyers, particularly if I wasn't sure that my own business wasn't 100% pristine in all of its dealings (including compliance with FTC rules).  Just sayin'.

I find it extremely interesting that THIS is the month that Julep chose to open the Secret Store early and to all Mavens.  Perhaps they are just acknowledging that anyone with the right URLs can get access and early, but still, if they were going to do it publicly, wouldn't it make more sense to have it be the December Secret Store?  Anyway, can't help but wonder if that decision has anything to do with this Bondi debacle ... You know, it occurs to me that if I were going to run a marketing caompaign that tweaked a competitor, I'd probably avoid the ones whose Founders/CEOs were Ivy-League educated lawyers, particularly if I wasn't sure that my own business wasn't 100% pristine in all of its dealings (including compliance with FTC rules).  Just sayin'.
Since Julep switched to DHL for orders, November is a wise move for them to do this, especially if they want to get a jump on pre-Black Friday revenue. I have a feeling it's more of a move to compete with Sephora (Blitz kits, VIB discount week) than anything to do with Bondi.

Bondi does, in fact, have a kiosk at the Garden State Plaza.  That is all the information I am posting about that.  

I'm not defending Bondi, but I do wonder if it is worth the time and energy to go beyond the scope of what this thread is about. They screwed up, I won't be shopping with them again, but why not just leave it at that? People are getting their money back. Seems like it is only creating more worry/stress by trying to find problems elsewhere.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got charged another 19.99 by Bondi & no refund in sight. Great.
I would call and get them blocked where they can't charge anymore.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm not defending Bondi, but I do wonder if it is worth the time and energy to go beyond the scope of what this thread is about. They screwed up, I won't be shopping with them again, but why not just leave it at that? People are getting their money back. Seems like it is only creating more worry/stress by trying to find problems elsewhere.

Because the more information that is put out there, the less likely people are to be scammed by them in the future. 

I guess for me, it's because he was very rude to me,  I feel like he lied to me, not only about having nail polish and shipping boxes, but about giving money to charity, even going so far as to run sales promotions to give money to charity.  I'm sorry, but I feel like, for me, that behavior is unacceptable and there should be consequences for lying to people.  And on top of all that, not everyone has received refunds.  

People get to decide for themselves how to spend their own time and energy. If you don't think it's worth it to you, then stop spending time and energy on it. Others may have different priorities and there's nothing wrong with that.

Latest posts

Back