(Discussion) Bondi October 2013 shipping issues & complaints

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and like Llarowe there is also What's In-die box from peita's polish.  That one is also pricey $47.99 and comes from AU so you get a hefty shipping charge.  But I really like Lilypad Lacquer and they are usually in there.  The better thing about Llarowe is you get to see the 5 polish before you buy whereas Peita's you don't. If I'm spending that much I'd like to know for what.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Another post -- I'd like to know of other nail polish only subscription ideas... not that I need more polish!!  I already subscribe to SquareHue and like it a lot.  I've heard good and bad things about Julep but it seems expensive for what you get and I don't like the tall skinny bottles.  Not interested in places that only recycle old OPI and Essie polishes.  Thanks for any ideas.

p.s.  Are we allowed to talk about BNY the company here, if we keep it civil?  I see they've deleted a lot more comments on their official FB page.  Wonder what the closed swap group is saying?  Now I'm almost sorry I quit it.... but not quite!  ;-)

Julep's not bad price-wise as long as you are always buying them w/ a discount (either via the sub box or through the secret store sales (nov's is amazing this month!!), or all the deals/sales/codes they do. I'd never buy one of their polishes at full price, but $5 or less? heck yeah!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  But if you still hate the tall skinny bottles, hrmm.... can't help ya there much. 
wink.gif

Maybe glitter guilty or glitter daze sub boxes?

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Julep's not bad price-wise as long as you are always buying them w/ a discount (either via the sub box or through the secret store sales (nov's is amazing this month!!), or all the deals/sales/codes they do. I'd never buy one of their polishes at full price, but $5 or less? heck yeah!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  But if you still hate the tall skinny bottles, hrmm.... can't help ya there much. 
wink.gif

Maybe glitter guilty or glitter daze sub boxes?
Thanks for the Julep thoughts.  I really shouldn't say I don't want the tall, skinny bottles; that's unfair since I haven't tried them.  I just feel that I'm such a klutz I'd probably knock them over!

Julep's not bad price-wise as long as you are always buying them w/ a discount (either via the sub box or through the secret store sales (nov's is amazing this month!!), or all the deals/sales/codes they do. I'd never buy one of their polishes at full price, but $5 or less? heck yeah! :icon_chee   But if you still hate the tall skinny bottles, hrmm.... can't help ya there much.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe glitter guilty or glitter daze sub boxes?
Thanks for the Julep thoughts.  I really shouldn't say I don't want the tall, skinny bottles; that's unfair since I haven't tried them.  I just feel that I'm such a klutz I'd probably knock them over!
I thought the same thing about the bottles that I would for sure spill all of them but so far no accidents.

Quote: Originally Posted by LuciaValencia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I just joined the "Bondi erased my posts and blocked me" club! Wooo! We should have meetings! lol. All I did was tell "Chill, these people only want their money back, what's your problem?" to someone who said this to everyone complaining: "Whine....moan and complain!!! ON AND ON AND ONNNNNNNNN!!!!!" and they blocked me! Geez, talk about butthurt. Get over yourself Richard.
Funny you should mention that, I'm working on such a club.  

Quote:Originally Posted by LuciaValencia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I just joined the "Bondi erased my posts and blocked me" club! Wooo! We should have meetings! lol. All I did was tell "Chill, these people only want their money back, what's your problem?" to someone who said this to everyone complaining: "Whine....moan and complain!!! ON AND ON AND ONNNNNNNNN!!!!!" and they blocked me! Geez, talk about butthurt. Get over yourself Richard.

haha I'm in this club too, but I joined it before they even posted that, so I couldn't even "like" the good comments. lol Oh well. I've unliked them. They don't deserve my face as part of their "likes", and the only reason I hadn't yet was so I could see what was going on and post questioning posts.

Well, I just posted this under my name, since my blog name is banned:

Watch the banhammer come down on me now!  Also note that almost all of the negative comments on that post have been deleted and I suspect each poster banned.

Well, I just posted this under my name, since my blog name is banned:

Watch the banhammer come down on me now!  Also note that almost all of the negative comments on that post have been deleted and I suspect each poster banned.
LOL at the comment about how stressful this has been for *them*.

Quote: Originally Posted by formul8edphrase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone get any kind of proof of issued refund (other than the money back in your account)? BNY just told me that "once the refund is issued it is down to the financial institutions to settle it with your card issuer," but I don't even understand what this means. If I get a refund from Macy's, it goes back on my card immediately; there's nothing that needs settling. I'm waiting on their reply to my query, but maybe one of you knows? Thanks!
For what it's worth, when I log into my Bondi account, my one $16 extra box order says "refunded" in the fulfillment column, and has since they cancelled it on Tuesday. However, no money for that box has made it into my account yet.

For those on Facebook there is a new page that I just found called bondi new York - Problems/concerns. It looks like it is an open group.

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those on Facebook there is a new page that I just found called bondi new York - Problems/concerns. It looks like it is an open group.
Can you post a link?  Don't see it with a search.  Thanks.  Although I'm starting to feel I should let all this go because I don't want That Company living in my head....

They never did answer direct questions of "Did you actually ship?" nor will they explain what they meant by their needing to "recover" their fall/winter polishes.  I asked them directly and was never answered, was banned instead.  Recover from whom?  The manufacturer?  USPS?  Aliens?  Bigfoot?

Lindsay Lohan?

Out of curiosity since I use Paypal to pay for my subscriptions with Birchbox, Ipsy and so many others. Exactly how did you (those who paid with Paypal but are getting e-checks) pay? Was it checking out with Paypal or using a Paypal debit card? I use my Paypal debit card (Mastercard) thinking that because it's a Mastercard I'm protected under their protections. So I'm kind of worried this isn't true at all which makes me want to switch all my paid subscriptions to an actual bank card.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Out of curiosity since I use Paypal to pay for my subscriptions with Birchbox, Ipsy and so many others. Exactly how did you (those who paid with Paypal but are getting e-checks) pay? Was it checking out with Paypal or using a Paypal debit card? I use my Paypal debit card (Mastercard) thinking that because it's a Mastercard I'm protected under their protections. So I'm kind of worried this isn't true at all which makes me want to switch all my paid subscriptions to an actual bank card.

Paypal checkout here.

The way I understand it, the problem here is not really with PayPal but because PayPal's protection extends for 45 days and Bondi didn't deliver within that timeframe. But I've also heard that PayPal is refunding money even to those who are outside of the 45 days. I hope if there is any silver lining to all of this it's that people are learning so much about the different timeframes their banks and providers offer.

For those who like Julep and are still in a buying mood, the coupon GOCRAZY gets you 50% off everything on their site.

Another reason for setting up shop in Florida is that they don't have state sales tax IIRC.

I subscribe to Julep.  I have never knocked over a bottle yet.  Actually I like their bottles.  I know some complain but they work great for me.  And I don't mind the smaller size because I have yet to use up a bottle of polish.  

Laqa & Co now have a polish sub called Color of the Month.  It is $10 plus shipping.  I haven't tried that one yet.  I'm only familiar with SquareHue which I love and a few others.  I hate Color me Monthly.  The polishes will not dry on my nails.  Seems like the polishes work well for everyone but me.  Cult Cosmetics is nice but I haven't gotten their boxes since they switched to their own label polishes.  Inzuri I.N.N. box is another polish sub but it is OPI, Essie, China Glaze, Zoya...mainstream brands.

Personally I'm just sticking with Julep, SquareHue and purchasing indies. Sold or swapped all my bondi's.  I used the money to buy some Emily de Molly polishes.

Back