(Discussion) Bondi October 2013 shipping issues & complaints

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got charged another 19.99 by Bondi & no refund in sight. Great.
I am so sorry this is happening to you.  I wonder why you would be getting charged?  That is strange.

Worthy of a repost...

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Due to the length of this thread, @TheSilverNail has started a new thread for discussion of Bondi New York refund discussion/issues. Please use that new discussion thread for more information on refunds from Bondi!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since Julep switched to DHL for orders, November is a wise move for them to do this, especially if they want to get a jump on pre-Black Friday revenue. I have a feeling it's more of a move to compete with Sephora (Blitz kits, VIB discount week) than anything to do with Bondi.

When did that happen? My November Julep order was shipped USPS Priority from NJ. (Which when did that happen as well?)

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When did that happen? My November Julep order was shipped USPS Priority from NJ. (Which when did that happen as well?)
Monthlys are currently being shipped USPS. The NJ switch happened a few months ago I think and is also only for monthly boxes.  All other orders are shipped out of seattle and sent DHL unless you pay for expedited shipping.

I just remembered the exact month! August. I ordered something that they had a deal on over Labor Day weekend specifically to see how the new shipping would be (spoiler: it was shitacular. They blamed the holiday for the shipping delay. I called bullshit because the delay in getting it out the door wasn't my issue. It took a week to get to me in Portland after DHL took possession of it).

I think all of the Julep changes started in September.  IIRC, everything but monthly boxes was going to be shipped DHL in September, with monthly boxes going DHL starting with the October boxes.  I skipped September, was surprised that my October box shipped from NJ USPS (since I was expecting it DHL).

Maybe DHL has been such a disaster for them that they've decided to put that off until problems are resolved.  I talked with Julep's CS a couple of time earlier this month about my Secret Store order and I get the sense that management is well aware that the switch has not been the smooth transition they hoped it would be.

Bondi does, in fact, have a kiosk at the Garden State Plaza.  That is all the information I am posting about that.  
I can vouch for the fact that there was a kiosk at least as recently as this weekend. I have a friend who was there complained about the box issue and bought two polishes. A few eventful days have since passes so that could have changed but as of this weekend there wash kiosk.

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I called and spoke with a mall employee myself. I will call again this morning
well they went from by sephora to down by macys according to that want ad.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm not defending Bondi, but I do wonder if it is worth the time and energy to go beyond the scope of what this thread is about. They screwed up, I won't be shopping with them again, but why not just leave it at that? People are getting their money back. Seems like it is only creating more worry/stress by trying to find problems elsewhere.

Some are not, that's why it's important to keep the discussion going.

(Or over in the other thread, anyway... sorry mods and Zadi.)

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Bondi does, in fact, have a kiosk at the Garden State Plaza.  That is all the information I am posting about that.  
Well at least that's one thing they didn't lie about.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So basically, if it's been less than 45 days, let PayPal take care of it and if it's been more than 45 days, we'll send you a paper check, since the e-check we sent you wasn't good.

Wow.

PayPal is another thing I generally try to avoid, because they are not subject to any banking regulation and so they can kind of make their rules up about how they will handle things like this.  I am not sure that PayPal is going to be willing to reimburse all of Bondi's customers and then have to chase Bondi down itself.
Unless you have specific paypal money, anything you pay has to either come out of your bank account or a credit card.  You should still be able to file a claim through your cc.  If it's paypal money, like if you sold on ebay kind of thing, unfortunately you're at the whims of paypal as to whether or not they refund you.

TOO MANY THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
keule.gif

The only reason I suggested starting the new one about refunds is that I was afraid someone new to these boards, yet upset about the Bondi mess, might see how long this one is and feel discouraged.

Due to the length of this thread and the fact that the focus is now on Refunds the discussion on refunds can now be found here:

Bondi New York subscription refund discussion/issues
This thread has been locked since any other conversation about Bondi's refunds should take place there. This thread will be unlocked at a later time. (Just want to get folk accumulated to the new thread.

I'm looking at my Bondi polishes -- I bought ten, counting the August mystery box, a second mystery box, and then four others I wanted -- and wondering what the hell was I thinking?  I have dupes for almost all of them and don't even want to see the name any more.  Might ask my DIL if she wants any of them and then give the rest to the local women's shelter.  The church camp where I've volunteered could also use them, as painting nails is one of the extra little things that campers like to do during quiet time after lunch.  :)

I've thrown away the "beauty gifts" from the August box since they're not reusable and weren't "all that" anyway.

Another post -- I'd like to know of other nail polish only subscription ideas... not that I need more polish!!  I already subscribe to SquareHue and like it a lot.  I've heard good and bad things about Julep but it seems expensive for what you get and I don't like the tall skinny bottles.  Not interested in places that only recycle old OPI and Essie polishes.  Thanks for any ideas.

p.s.  Are we allowed to talk about BNY the company here, if we keep it civil?  I see they've deleted a lot more comments on their official FB page.  Wonder what the closed swap group is saying?  Now I'm almost sorry I quit it.... but not quite!  ;-)

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Another post -- I'd like to know of other nail polish only subscription ideas... not that I need more polish!!  I already subscribe to SquareHue and like it a lot.  I've heard good and bad things about Julep but it seems expensive for what you get and I don't like the tall skinny bottles.  Not interested in places that only recycle old OPI and Essie polishes.  Thanks for any ideas.

p.s.  Are we allowed to talk about BNY the company here, if we keep it civil?  I see they've deleted a lot more comments on their official FB page.  Wonder what the closed swap group is saying?  Now I'm almost sorry I quit it.... but not quite!  ;-)
If you like glitter polish there is glitter guilty, which I love. You get a full size custom polish that is made based off of your taste preferences and then a mini size that everyone gets the same. Also comes with an extra goodie, usually chocolate in the non hot months.

There is also LAQA & Co. which I like their polish but you only get one a month and it's also tall skinny bottles which you don't like...

I've also heard of pistol polish having a subscription, but I don't really know anything about it or their polishes but the few people who have mentioned it seem to like it.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Llarowe just started A Box, Indied which is on the pricey side ($50), but is 5 indie polishes per month. There might be some of the November boxes left for sale.

There's Color Me Monthly, but it's just one polish a month (I think it's seven or eight bucks a month), and I haven't tried it, so I don't know anything about their polishes.  Oh, and Cult Cosmetics Blackbox just started sending their own stuff out as of October.  And then if you're interested in nail wraps, there's Scratch (I signed up for this one and am anxiously awaiting my first box next month!).  You Polish does monthly boxes, but it's not a sub in the recurring billing sense.  There's another indie polish sub I'm going to have to dig around for because I just can't remember the name or where I saw it *at all*.  I *think* they do two colors a month with either the same base and different glitters or different bases and the same glitter to give variation, but that's all I can remember about it.  I'll dig tonight while watching my traditional Halloween Eve flick, _The Lost Boys_, and giving my nails their costume:  the floor of a '70s disco at 5am.  Glitter like *whoa*, baby!

Back