Do you own a beauty product with your name?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by turntrekgodhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Reviving this thread because of Buxom's new 100-shade lipgloss line! http://www.sephora.com/buxom?buttonMediaId=21500049&MobileOptOut=2&om_mmc=ret-us%2Bnews1%2B20140321%2Bchoose5of12%2Bbuyer3-bn-buxomlippolishlpg&emtc=us%2Bnews1%2B20140321%2Bchoose5of12%2Bbuyer3&ematg=6059531400&dcid=572524%3A27411898466%3A63412812

I personally am not in love with my name's shade, but what can ya do?
Ok I don't love my shade either,  but I might have to buy it just so I can have a lipgloss with my name on it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have yet to find anything named Elizabeth. It's not a very edgy name. You've got a couple of queens, a handful of saints and one batcrap crazy Hungarian baroness, but does anyone play on that? No, most people think I sip tea at a church brunch and swap tatting patterns with the gals in Junior League. I don't think anyone will be coming out with an Elizabeth collection anytime soon unless Disney invents a new character to market.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have yet to find anything named Elizabeth. It's not a very edgy name. You've got a couple of queens, a handful of saints and one batcrap crazy Hungarian baroness, but does anyone play on that? No, most people think I sip tea at a church brunch and swap tatting patterns with the gals in Junior League. I don't think anyone will be coming out with an Elizabeth collection anytime soon unless Disney invents a new character to market.
http://www.sephora.com/buxom-full-on-lip-polish-P174213?skuId=1589688&icid2=Buxom_Name_Elizabeth_Image

Tadaaa!

Julep has an Abigail nail polish that I'm so tempted to get because of this very reason.  If you've never found a product with your name, maybe check their polishes because they seem to have some that are outside of the common names.  Like the ladies above I found one for my name in the Buxom line and am not too thrilled with the color, but now its tempting me.  Must be karma working for all these years that I've never gotten keychains and the like with my name on them (thats starting to change now though).

If I ever find a product with my name spelled the way mine is I'd definitely have to buy it. My name's not terribly uncommon but I have a pretty unique spelling so I'll often find Bridget, Brigitte, etc. and I can pass on those because it's not exactly my name. If anyone knows of any product named Bridgette, let me know because I must have it lol.

I don't own anything with my name! I think Julep and Zoya have Caitlin but I never see things spelled the same.

Actually, I'm contemplating buying a buxom just for the name! Its kinda ridiculous, I admit, since I don't even like lipgloss (I am a stain, balm, stick kinda girl). I have been wanting to get Zoya Stephanie, but it's not that special of a polish to pay shipping for unless it on sale really cheap (and Zoya doesn't shop directly to Canada so I can't use any of there sweet promos). I own Julep Stefani, if that counts :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If anyone knows anything else called stephanie, or Sierra (my best friend is dying for something- not the truck lol), tell me! I will be eternally grateful :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know why but I just went to look in the Buxom gloss line, excitedly, and then remembered that a boy's name would not be in there hahahaha. Maybe if they had a Connie or Kana it'd be close, but yeah, no.

Zoya has nail polish with my first and middle name, but both are are spelled differently from how I spell my names. They're both colors I would wear, but they don't particularly stand out to me. I have two beauty supply stores near me that carry Zoya, but I couldn't find them there.

I almost bought Zoya "Amy" recently, just because it had my name, but I just couldn't get on board with a sparkly fire orange for my pale hands.

I bought Zoya's "Cole" recently, which is my (married) last name. Never would have happened with my maiden name (Supples) so I had to have it lol Luckily it's a really pretty peach shade that I happened to like once it arrived! 

My name is Krystan Nichole, and they have shades "Kristen" and "Nicole". Wrong spellings but still quite tempting. WHY MOM?! WHY did you have to make me unique!!! 

I don't know why but I just went to look in the Buxom gloss line, excitedly, and then remembered that a boy's name would not be in there hahahaha. Maybe if they had a Connie or Kana it'd be close, but yeah, no.
I've always had a "boy's" name too & was very surprised to see my name as a buxom gloss. I think I need to have it! Dani is not a girl's name you find very often on things, let alone a pretty lippy! Fun fun!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by turntrekgodhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I took a look at Zoya and found "Megan"- it's the exact colour of the glasses I wore from grades 5 to 10. Good grief. (Nice colour, just ... it would haunt me. Lol.)
LOL I had to wear glasses from grades 6 to 10 (until I could master touching my own eyeball to use contacts), and I know EXACTLY what you mean! Tough times...

Quote:Verissmd  Hmm my buxom gloss is actually pretty fantastic. I might have to buy it.
Ha! I just checked out the Buxom gloss named "Amy", and it's totally a color I'd wear. Love it.

Back