Do you wash your hair everyday?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm blonde (bleached highlights) and I wash everyday.. planning on switching it to every other day asap as my hair is getting pretty rubbish now. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Absolutely not!

I wash my hair once a week at most, and in the winter, it's usually only twice a month.

No, I usually wash my hair twice a day. If I wash it every day, my hair would become drier. Besides, it seems that you would get headache easily if you wash your hair every day.

Originally Posted by PinkMartiniGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, I usually wash my hair twice a day. If I wash it every day, my hair would become drier. Besides, it seems that you would get headache easily if you wash your hair every day.
I don't see how you could get headaches from washing everyday... I get headaches from sleeping w/ my hair up all night, and if anything, massaging it while washing it helps ;D but I mean I wash mine daily - no headaches because of it.

I am applying oil next day after head bath and twice a week I will do head bath.My hair is growing normally and hair fall is also there for me.

I wash my hair every other day.
icon_smile.gif

My hair is oily and long and the ends get frizzy. Up until January, I washed it 2 times every time I showered and using regular conditioner. Lately I have been washing it once per shower (once a day) and using leave-in conditioner. I don't know why I thought this would improve my hair or its oily-ness, but I decided to give it 3 months. I'll probably switch back in April.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My hair is oily and long and the ends get frizzy. Up until January, I washed it 2 times every time I showered and using regular conditioner. Lately I have been washing it once per shower (once a day) and using leave-in conditioner. I don't know why I thought this would improve my hair or its oily-ness, but I decided to give it 3 months. I'll probably switch back in April.
My hairdresser told me the more you wash your hair the more oil it builds, because you are constantly stripping it of the oils it needs it goes into over drive. She recommends at least every other day  or every two days so that your hair oils can regulate and stop over compensating. My friend (who also goes to the same hair dresser)  started doing this and it has helped her out a lot. She said the first few weeks were hard because her hair kept getting too oily but now her hair is the longest and healthiest i've ever seen it.

I have oily hair but I only wash it every 3rd day. First day I can wear it down, second day half up with the help of dry shampoo, 3rd day, all up to cover those nasty roots lol. My hair now hits the middle of my back & I rarely use heat on it. I'll straighten my hair maybe once or twice a month & I never blow dry.

Originally Posted by Salon st.pete /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It depends on your hair , If you have oily hair then you should wash it daily. If your hair is more on dry side, you should wash it every other day and make sure to use conditioner with every washing.
Even every other day is way too much for my hair! The most I can even imagine washing my hair is twice a week, tops. And that would only be in the summer if I spent tons of time in the pool or sweating. I don't use many products though, so that plays a role in it I'm sure.

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even every other day is way too much for my hair! The most I can even imagine washing my hair is twice a week, tops. And that would only be in the summer if I spent tons of time in the pool or sweating. I don't use many products though, so that plays a role in it I'm sure.
Same here, twice a week on a special occasion, like the pool, beach or sweating like you said. Otherwise it gets super dry and looks horrible, my once a week works perfectly for me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here, twice a week on a special occasion, like the pool, beach or sweating like you said. Otherwise it gets super dry and looks horrible, my once a week works perfectly for me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
dito.gif

I have super healthy hair (not dry, not oily) and a lot of allergies, so I wash every day, but usually just one lathering. I rarely use rinse-out conditioner, but I love the leave-in Beauty Protector that Birchbox sent out last month, and I sometimes use a random serum/oil that showed up in a subscription box (I probably have seven or eight of them at the moment, and more keep coming every month!). I used the macadamia oil I received from Beauty Army (and am getting again from Birchbox this month! Whoo!) a couple of days ago, and my hair is *still* silky. I don't use any styling products or heat, though, and no chemical treatments, either.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! When I say I wash my hair once a week or once every other week, people often tell me that's gross...and I'm like...no...it would be gross if I washed it more often because it would get wicked dry, be frizzy and possibly fall out!!

My hair doesn't get oily...unless I actually put oil in it!! And that's super rare...only when I flat iron it which is about 2-3x a year. I do moisturize, but not with oil. And since I don't use a lot of products, I also don't get a lot of buildup.

I was my hair everyday, because I workout 6 days a week. I know this isnt great for my hair, but it would be so nasty if I didnt. I have fine, wavy hair and it does get oily at the roots. I have recently started putting Argan Oil on it everyday and am using sulfate free shampoos so that its less harsh and drying to my hair. I think the condition of my hair has gotten better and is less frizzy from using those 2 things.

I most definately wash my hair every day(or every other day if I'm feeling lazy)

I have a question for you gals that only wash it once a week:

do you shower and just not get your hair wet or do you just thouroughly wet it.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I most definately wash my hair every day(or every other day if I'm feeling lazy)

I use a shower cap so my hair doesn't get wet. I also use dry shampoo in between washings.

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! When I say I wash my hair once a week or once every other week, people often tell me that's gross...and I'm like...no...it would be gross if I washed it more often because it would get wicked dry, be frizzy and possibly fall out!!

My hair doesn't get oily...unless I actually put oil in it!! And that's super rare...only when I flat iron it which is about 2-3x a year. I do moisturize, but not with oil. And since I don't use a lot of products, I also don't get a lot of buildup.
Haha I know the feeling and they give you the "Ewwww" look lol, mine is super fine so if I wash it a lot it gets super frizzy and just messy  D:. I put oil the night before I wash it, but mine does get a little oily when I flat iron it, because of the heat protector and because straight hair just gets oily easily. Same here, I've been using the Living Proof Style Extender...and even 2 days after the week it's still really clean and not oily at all XD It works for me and it never smells or looks dirty 

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I try to not get it wet, sometimes the front gets a bit wet, like right on my forehead, but that's it.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use a shower cap so my hair doesn't get wet. I also use dry shampoo in between washings.

I try to not get it wet, sometimes the front gets a bit wet, like right on my forehead, but that's it.
doesn't it get oily and super tangled? or is that just me cuz I have super curly hair that I blow dry it and finish styling it, its perfect and not tangled and then immediately after, I walk less than 100 ft to my car and its painfully tangled. my hair doesn't get oily per say but it definately tangles.

Back