Do you wash your hair everyday?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

doesn't it get oily and super tangled? or is that just me cuz I have super curly hair that I blow dry it and finish styling it, its perfect and not tangled and then immediately after, I walk less than 100 ft to my car and its painfully tangled. my hair doesn't get oily per say but it definately tangles.
oh mine tangles, but I just have to comb it and try to carefully untangle it XD

I most definately wash my hair every day(or every other day if I'm feeling lazy)

I have a question for you gals that only wash it once a week:

do you shower and just not get your hair wet or do you just thouroughly wet it.
Depends. When my hair is natural with no extensions, I wet it and comb it (well, comb every other day, but wet it everyday). But with extensions in, I use a shower cap most days because my hair with them takes at least a full 24 hours to dry which is just too much most of the time.

Sometimes I do- I know it isn't good to wash your hair every day, but it feels gross if I put a lot of product in it. I have fine hair, but it's sort of frizzy. Over the weekend I may go one or 2 days without washing it, but that's about it. (I, of course, shower and so on. I just put my hair up in a clip or shower cap.) 

Sort of OT. but for those who use hair oil- I have some I'd like to try, but I don't know how to use it. Do you put it on wet or dry hair? How much do you use? It should be only used on the ends of the hair, right?

Originally Posted by luckycharms /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sometimes I do- I know it isn't good to wash your hair every day, but it feels gross if I put a lot of product in it. I have fine hair, but it's sort of frizzy. Over the weekend I may go one or 2 days without washing it, but that's about it. (I, of course, shower and so on. I just put my hair up in a clip or shower cap.) 

Sort of OT. but for those who use hair oil- I have some I'd like to try, but I don't know how to use it. Do you put it on wet or dry hair? How much do you use? It should be only used on the ends of the hair, right?
I use argan oil on my hair. I use it when my hair is wet and I don't put it near my roots, I usually put it from the bottom of the ears down. then I blow dry. and I don't use alot, about 4 drops, and I have long thick hair

You can add flax seeds to smoothies as well, but be sure to grind them finely first. Otherwise they pass through your digestive system whole, rending the oils in them useless. In addition, store your flax seeds in your freezer to keep them from going rancid. Just grind enough for a week at a time & store them in a ziplock bag in the fridge. Use a couple of heaping tablespoons in each smoothie. It's amazing stuff for the skin as well. If that's too much work, just buy the bottles of oil or the capsules. Keep those in your fridge as well.
I buy a box of already ground flax seeds at the regular grocery store and add to my smoothies. (I think I got the last box at either WM or Target)

My hair is naturally almost black, and I bleach it to the color in my pic. It grows about an inch a month, a little more in the summer.(This gripes me, as I pay $50 for a cut every month, plus I do my own color
icon_mad.gif
)  I also take Biotin daily and a good multi vitamin. I wash every 3rd day. I use Argan oil on the bottom 3/4s ,then a wee bit massaged on my scalp, and my hair is naturally oily at the scalp. But I found that after about a month or two of the Argan oil,  my scalp is not nearly as oily.

I blow dry maybe once a week. I do use a flat iron daily. My hair is in good condition , especially knowing that I use 40 volume developer and bleach monthly ,  then add color back in, and am post-menopausal.

doesn't it get oily and super tangled? or is that just me cuz I have super curly hair that I blow dry it and finish styling it, its perfect and not tangled and then immediately after, I walk less than 100 ft to my car and its painfully tangled. my hair doesn't get oily per say but it definately tangles.
If I straighten it out it doesn't really tangle, if I leave it curly it does get pretty tangled.  Those days I use the tresemme dry shampoo well actually the one that is more like a mouse and that helps out a lot.

I use about a dime sized amount some times if my hair is extra dry about the size of a quarter. I use it on wet hair all over concentrating on the ends and if I have a lot of frizz I use a bit on dry hair.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I straighten it out it doesn't really tangle, if I leave it curly it does get pretty tangled.  Those days I use the tresemme dry shampoo well actually the one that is more like a mouse and that helps out a lot.
I don't straighten my hair anymore cuz its never perfectly straight like I want, but even when I did, it got tangled really easily.

I don't straighten my hair anymore cuz its never perfectly straight like I want, but even when I did, it got tangled really easily.
I have a ghd flat iron and it leaves my hair perfectly straight sometimes for 2 to 3 days. I use that and the kerastase nectar thermique  it makes my hair really shiny.

i use about a nickel size amount of argan oil on my wet towel dried hair. i put it in at the ends of my hair and kinda scrunch it up towards my roots. i never put it directly on my roots, but i know a little bit goes on there. i think it helps with my fly aways! i put it on after ever shower, i think it does wonders for my hair! i use the DermOrganic brand of argan oil.

I used to wash mine every day but it made my hair SO frizzy.  Then i jumped back to every other day.  Which was ok.  Still frizzy.  Now i have a son, i barely have time for anything, including showers so sometimes i find i can go 4 or 5 days (!) i know, smelly right - well, i have a pretty good diet and im not a stinker (phew!) but since not having time to wash my hair religeously all the time, its NOT frizzy anymore!!  Maybe it was the hormones in childbirth or that i allow my hair time to build back its natural oil supply (or that im not colouring anymore) but i think the time inbetween washing is certainly helping.

I wash my hair every 3 days I guess..a great tip: use dry shampoo! It really helped me a lot, before I used to wash my hair daily and it looked so incredibly dull :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I usually shampoo my hair every 3 days, depending. I never use hairspray or anything though. I don't even like my first-day hair lol--it's too silky and slippery. I like having some texture and volume in my hair :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back