"Don't waste your money on _____"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sunshine - have you tried their singles? I like their singles a lot more than their trios. I have 4 singles that I use for highlight and they are ok but I'd love to try something better like MAC

"Sun In" that stuff that supposed top bleach your hair? Gad I hate that stuff

all the maybelline foundations have this strange orange cast to them...I don't want to be a tangerine!

E.L.F.'s cream eyeshadow duos. Beautiful color but creases like nothin else I've ever tried. :/ Still use it (I have it in blueberry) as a psuedo eyeliner though, just not up to my eyecrease.
smile.gif

just got Max Factor Vivid Impact mascara--the fun colors--and I'm actually going to return it, and I NEVER return make up. I usually find SOME reason to use it, but I did NOT like the MF stuff. I got the blue with the pink highlighter for the tips, and I just didn't notice any color whatsoever. Good thing I actually saved the receipt and packaging this time.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif diorshow mascara (!!!) I so agree! I bought this from Sephora yesterday since most reviews I've read were great... WRONG! I didn't like the 'wet' feel of it. I will be taking it back and using the $24 I spent to buy all three of my 'no fail' mascaras (Maybelline, Rimmel and Max Factor), with a little money left over!

ANYTHING Rimmel!

I was really liking their Fix & Perfect foundation primer until I notice that after a while of wearing it felt like I had sand on my face
banghead.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Don't waste your money on:
Clinique's 3 step skin care system. It dried out my face and didn't help my complextion at all.

you too.. i thought i was one of the few. even the lady of the store wouldn't believe me. I had to use la roche-posay rich creme for a month to recover my skin.

Don't waste your money on...

Most Rimmel Products, their finishing powder is alright but anything else I've tried I thought was crap.

Wet'n'Wild Diamond Brilliance gloss. I like their Mega Plump gloss which goes on nicely and has a lovely minty smell but Diamond brilliance has a weird synthetic fruity smell and comes out looking too metalic. Kinda alien looking.

Maybelline mascara is particularly unspectacular. I just don't think it does anything for my lashes.

There are probably lots more but these are the ones that come to mind right now.

don't waste your money on the Acne Free kit from Wal-Mart. its supposed to be a ProActive spinoff, but all it did for me was make my skin really dry, break out more(i used about 1 1/2 kits), and now its WAY more sensitive than it was before. now just about anything makes my face red, and it constantly has a red pigment to it, even after foundation and concealer, when before i never had any of these problems

N.Y.C. lipstick

Maybelline great lash and lash stylist mascara

Rimmel lipgloss and eyeshadow

Cheap holiday makeup sets from walmart

Dream matte mousse

La Femme pressed shadows - pure talc, pure ash, no pigment...

Matte HIP shadows - beautiful in pan, nothing on yr eye

Benefit depuff eye cream - It does absolutely NOTHING.

I'll update as I remember

I have both Dior Show and Bad Gal Mascara. I don't like the Bad Gal Mascara and it's supposed to be the same as Dior Show? Hmmm.... it's got to be the brush then! Dior Show is OK, but I won't buy it again. I bought one of those sample boxes of mascara from Sephora, Out of seven of them I only liked two! The ones I liked were Smashbox Bionic and the Sephora Lash Plumper.

Lancome's Hypnose Mascara is awful!

Too Faced Lash Injection flaked all over my face

I don't care for Fiberwig Mascara

I just got Makeup Forever's Smokey Lash. I don't care for that either. I was hoping it would be great!

I wish I could remember all the ones that were in that box! I'm actually glad I bought, because I was able to find out what really works for me!

The mascaras I find myself wearing almost every day are:

Loreal's Telescopic Clean Difinition the silver tube in Blackest Black.. I'll wear the Telescopic Carbon Black for special occasions! At Costco I found under the Kirkland Signiture brand, Borgehese Mascara! You get two of them. I really like this mascara! I like the brush very much, it gets the finer lashes. Who knew!

Still looking for a foundation that is not heavy and doesn't turn yellow on my fair skin!

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Don't waste your money on:
BadGal mascara from Benefit. It clumped on me and made my eyelashes very spidery looking.

Clinique's 3 step skin care system. It dried out my face and didn't help my complextion at all.

I actually used the Clinique 2 Step Skin Care System and it's the ONLY facial soap that doesn't make me break out. Maybe you weren't using the right number?

John Frieda Color glaze, its expensive, it doesnt work AND it makes your hair greasy in 5 minutes

Back